Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Formula 1 fans?

Formula 1 fans?

Old Mar 16th 2013, 11:02 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Formula 1 fans?

Originally Posted by lansbury View Post
Not sure how much Frank Williams does in the running of the team now. But his wife passing away recently cannot have helped their race preparations either way.
No, not at all.

I would love to see Williams regain some pace. Lot of respect for Frank.
Old Mar 16th 2013, 11:07 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
What did you guys do? You broke qualifying.

I mean, I was expecting all the normal stuff from Aus... Gators, Drop Bears, Dame Edna.. Irwin floating in the lake.

But rain during Qualy? That's not good tv at all.
Mate, it's been nearly non-stop rain all year, at least in and around Brisbane.

We had to evacuate to higher ground thanks to the arse-end of the cyclone a month or so back.

Melbourne forecast is a 'shower or two' so should be OK for the race, a bit of damp to spice things up helps.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty good race all in all. I'm definitely happier to see Raikkonen winning instead of Alonso. Webber still can't start - needs to jack it in.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 11:46 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by materialcontroller View Post
Pretty good race all in all. I'm definitely happier to see Raikkonen winning instead of Alonso. Webber still can't start - needs to jack it in.

Not his fault this time. His ECU failed on the start and that disabled the KERS.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 11:49 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Glad I didn't log in earlier and see this - I wouldn't have been happy to see who won before watching the race
Old Mar 18th 2013, 10:50 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see Lotus pick up the win. Kimi drove a good race and the car was always looking solid right thru testing and the end of last year.
Not sure what happened with Grosjean... Over-cautious maybe?

Ferrari seem in better shape than they were at this time in 2012.. Seeing some compliants that they dicked Massa on his pitstop timings, but if they did, I didn't see it.

Merc had a good weekend I thought (even allowing for once car not making the distance). They aren't that far off the pace at all. I was expecting them to manage no better than 10th.

lolMclaren.

Bianchi must have done himself some good in the Marrusia... Wonder how he would have been in the Force India?
Old Mar 18th 2013, 5:19 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles View Post
Glad I didn't log in earlier and see this - I wouldn't have been happy to see who won before watching the race
I made sure I watched the race before I logged in and looked at this forum.
Old Mar 18th 2013, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Not his fault this time. His ECU failed on the start and that disabled the KERS.
McLaren were adamant the ECU was fine. Apparently Red Bull said one of their systems failed (*cough* *cough* BS *cough*).

I think there's been far too many dodgy starts involving Webber for it still to be put down to equipment problems. He's got to be at fault somewhere.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 4:05 pm

“Lewis Hamilton recently acquired a dog and so, it seems, has (Jenson) Button; only Button is driving his,” wrote Guardian correspondent Paul Weaver.

Old Mar 19th 2013, 4:07 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

“Lewis Hamilton recently acquired a dog and so, it seems, has (Jenson) Button; only Button is driving his,” wrote Guardian correspondent Paul Weaver.

Old Mar 19th 2013, 8:03 pm

only Button is driving his,
Pretty good explanation at the start of this article as to why that might be the case.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/21821853
Old Mar 19th 2013, 8:12 pm

Pretty good explanation at the start of this article as to why that might be the case.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/21821853
Nice article!

They had speed at the first test, but now say it was due to the car running too close to the ground.. Wonder if that will give them a starting point to go from.
I'm still not convinced that, having ended 2012 with a good car, they should have changed so much in the off season for 2013. Not with all the new regs coming in for next year.
Having said all that, if they CAN get it sorted fairly quickly, maybe it will give them more headroom for improvment than the old car would have.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 10:31 pm

McLaren were adamant the ECU was fine. Apparently Red Bull said one of their systems failed (*cough* *cough* BS *cough*).

I think there's been far too many dodgy starts involving Webber for it still to be put down to equipment problems. He's got to be at fault somewhere.
McLaren have now admitted if was a software fault with the ECU and apologized.
Old Mar 20th 2013, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

McLaren have now admitted if was a software fault with the ECU and apologized.
Yeah I saw that. Still think Webber is a drongo though.
Old Mar 20th 2013, 5:00 pm

Yeah I saw that. Still think Webber is a drongo though.
Can't argue with that. He hardly needs help to make bad starts.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.