Reload this Page >

Is Eusebio wrong?

Is Eusebio wrong?

Old Mar 10th 2006, 3:39 pm
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is Eusebio wrong?

Originally Posted by Thydney
Honestly you make me laugh everyone knows that all awards are just popularity contests and prove sweet FA.

Take out penalties how many has he scored then?

Typical geordie shite I suppose he's well ard too?

I remember the 1996 Challenge Cup Final one man won the game for my team but didn't get man of the match because he was a gobby shite. Being popular doesn't make you brilliant just means you were in the right place at the right time.

Excuse my ignorance but what the hell is wrong with him?
I am not trying to get a fight going here so dont attack me.
I thought he was a bit of a mr nice guy but football wise i thought he was the main man.
Please educate me. Because i am lost here.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

Guggler is just really niceGuggler is just really niceGuggler is just really niceGuggler is just really niceGuggler is just really niceGuggler is just really niceGuggler is just really niceGuggler is just really niceGuggler is just really niceGuggler is just really niceGuggler is just really nice

A passable enough striker but undoubtedly the dirtiest player (by a long way) it has ever been my misfortune to watch. Perfect example is December's home game against Arsenal. In what has to be the worst display of refereeing in many a day, Dermot Gallacher allowed Shearer to:- throw Lauren to the ground; make a wild lunging, potentially leg-breaking tackle on Campbell; elbow Lehmann in the face when he already had the ball; throw the ball away from Senderos after backing into him; bait 18-year-old Cesc Fabregas into a shoving match and then, when Fabregas finally lost it and took a pop at Shearer, what does hard-man Alan do? - why, go running and whining to the ref, of course. Gallacher did finally yellow-card Shearer in the closing minutes but he should have been off long before that.

Unfortunately, Campbell allowed himself to be intimidated by Shearer's antics.
An old-fashioned stopper like big Ron Yeats or Norman Hunter would have had him on his arse (or maybe even in Row E!) in short order.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 5:57 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PROLLINSON
If he was still in an England shirt, we would be the fav's for the world cup. It's my job to come up with the prices so take it from me, Every country inc Brazil would love Sir Alan up front for them. Even as a Mighty Leeds fan, I bow to the great man, only 2nd in the greatest striker from the UK, rest in peace John Charles

Good grief - its as well WH wouldn't lay a bet to lose 2d anyway if you're making their odds with opinions like that.
England's price is always ridiculously short for big tourneys (I just love laying them up to my eyeballs) but to suggest that they'd be favourites if shearer was playing is utter rubbish.
If he was there would you make them 3/1 shots ??? If so I hope he comes back and I'll fill my boots.

Are you still making books to 112% on footie games by the way >??
Old Mar 10th 2006, 7:07 pm
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Guggler
A passable enough striker .....
We are pinning our hopes on...Michael Owen..Crouch, etc... ..God help us!!

As for Ron Yeats / Norman Hunter / Nobby Stiles / Tommy Smith / Chopper Harris etc.....all great in their day, but time moves on unfortunately!!
Old Mar 10th 2006, 10:35 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
just means you were in the right place at the right time.
Isn't that what turns a good striker into a great one?

I really don't understand your arguements. Shearer really is one of the greats. There's absolutely no question of that. Yes he scores a lot of penalties but he scores a lot from free play too. His all round game is as good as or better than any other striker of the last 30 years and the fact that he scores with either foot or head backs this up.

But he's much more than a goal-scorer anyway. He has bags of strength to hold of defenders to allow his team mates to get into the play and he's very aware of his team-mates and has had a lot of assists over the years.

He does get away with a lot of stuff that others don't on the pitch and that p*sses me of but wouldn't any fan of any team like to have had a 25-year old Shearer in their team? Anybody who says no would be a liar.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 10:41 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
Isn't that what turns a good striker into a great one?

I really don't understand your arguements. Shearer really is one of the greats. There's absolutely no question of that. Yes he scores a lot of penalties but he scores a lot from free play too. His all round game is as good as or better than any other striker of the last 30 years and the fact that he scores with either foot or head backs this up.

But he's much more than a goal-scorer anyway. He has bags of strength to hold of defenders to allow his team mates to get into the play and he's very aware of his team-mates and has had a lot of assists over the years.

He does get away with a lot of stuff that others don't on the pitch and that p*sses me of but wouldn't any fan of any team like to have had a 25-year old Shearer in their team? Anybody who says no would be a liar.
you're wasting your time mate, we've lost, sadly, our will to debate on this site.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 10:43 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walla1
you're wasting your time mate, we've lost, sadly, our will to debate on this site.
Well I don't have a white hanky to wave so I'll crack on

Besides, I need a hole in this wall here so that's a good excuse to keep bashing my head against it
Old Mar 10th 2006, 10:46 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
Well I don't have a white hanky to wave so I'll crack on

Besides, I need a hole in this wall here so that's a good excuse to keep bashing my head against it
as you were then

Shearer is one of the best strikers the world has ever seen please debate and not get personal.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 10:46 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Wrong 100%
Old Mar 10th 2006, 10:47 pm
Keeping it fairly real

Originally Posted by fraser
Wrong 100%
and the reasons behind your statement?
Old Mar 10th 2006, 10:50 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

and the reasons behind your statement?
I don't think he's been that good at all since he left Blackburn he stopped producing for England years before he quit.

He's just a dirty thug in my opinion who gets away withit because of his reputation..

oh and he's a geordie
Old Mar 10th 2006, 10:55 pm
Keeping it fairly real

I don't think he's been that good at all since he left Blackburn he stopped producing for England years before he quit.

He's just a dirty thug in my opinion who gets away withit because of his reputation..

oh and he's a geordie

he is the leading goal scorer (even since leaving Blackburn) the Premiership has ever seen so he must be shite
Old Mar 10th 2006, 10:59 pm

he is the leading goal scorer (even since leaving Blackburn) the Premiership has ever seen so he must be shite
Mate fair enough and credit to him, I still don't believe he's one of the best strikers ever he has no medals at Newcastle not a one.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 11:02 pm
Keeping it fairly real

Mate fair enough and credit to him, I still don't believe he's one of the best strikers ever he has no medals at Newcastle not a one.
and that is down to the fact he's played under dodgy management who in turn have bought crap players, sadly.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 11:03 pm
What's happening dudes?

Medals don't mean a great deal in this discussion. There are plenty of greats who never won a medal and plenty of muppets who have a cupboard full.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.