Euro 2012

Old Jun 7th 2012, 2:29 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Euro 2012

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
Jermaine Defoe now gone back home following the death of his father overnight.
I doubt he'll be gone too long. It doesn't sound as though they were too close if his dad was living off 51 quid a week in benefits.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 6:13 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Great start by the Italians, they exceeded my expectations by far (admittedly my expectations were pretty low).

Di Natale and De Rossi were ace

Forza Azzurri!!
Old Jun 10th 2012, 10:18 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

It will do wonders for Torres' confidence that they decided they'd be better off playing without a striker rather than play him.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 12:04 am
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
It will do wonders for Torres' confidence that they decided they'd be better off playing without a striker rather than play him.
He did show that it was probably the right decision though didn't he
Old Jun 12th 2012, 10:28 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

So - what's the verdict on the France game? I thought we were as average as we could expect. Very few players gave much hope for the rest of the tournament - Oxlade-Chamberlain aside. The ref was awful - really poor.

I did read that after 2004 when Beckham scored, all the kids went out and got Beckham haircuts. I can't see that happening with Lescott.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 10:31 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I was expecting us to get turned over the tune of 3 or 4, so I'm happy to have come away with a point. That said, we won't get past the quarters.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 10:36 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Played well first 30 mins then sat back too much. Looked the exact opposite of previous incarnations in that we were solid and organised.

Agree about the ref, he was shocking

Improve the forward play and we should make the quarters and after that play like chavski in the champions league especially if it's against the 1-4-6-0 Spaniards
Old Jun 12th 2012, 1:07 pm
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
So - what's the verdict on the France game? I thought we were as average as we could expect. Very few players gave much hope for the rest of the tournament - Oxlade-Chamberlain aside. The ref was awful - really poor.
Welbeck wasn't to bad, when he got the ball.

Problem was the quality of passing and getting the ball forward, it was all back peddling in the second half.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 2:54 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

I was originally negative - but I've changed my tune. It was really refreshing to see a team organized and doing what they were told. Two lines of four can be dull but it was very effective. The front two needn't have bothered playing mind. But neither of them are of that Carroll/Rooney mentality where not seeing the ball means getting very angry. I don't even remember Young touching the ball. Still - that French defense would have been a bit more surprised by a big lump kicking them or Shrek screaming about the place.

France are a good team so we did well to hold them off. It was just a bit sad that the passing was terrible at times. Parker and Gerrard gave the ball away an awful lot after the goal. Gerrard had one or two passes early on that were stellar - but then he turned to cack. Kudos that he stayed in the middle though - although congratulating a 31 year old PL captain for staying in position is a bit odd. I actually thought the wingers did a decent job. Lescott impressed me and it's really nice to not even worry about the keeper - Joe Hart really is a damn fine player. Just a real shame that there was really no effort at all to try and win it in the second half. But if they'd thrown caution to the wind and lost they'd likely be out already with two other teams on 3 points.

So yeah - I would snapped your hand off for a point beforehand so I'm mostly happy.

Last edited by Captain Cheesestick; Jun 12th 2012 at 3:08 pm.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 10:05 am
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Here you go Kimilseung - Richard Williams with a signature Guardian editorial stating the headline "Doubts Grow Over Roy Hodgson's Ability To Be A Visionary." It comes complete with the byline, "Evidence suggests that Roy Hodgson's vast experience offers few indications that he is the man to take England forward."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/b...gson-visionary

That is a stunning cluster**** of an article. It's a hatchet job after one competitive game in charge of England.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 12:06 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex View Post
So yeah - I would snapped your hand off for a point beforehand so I'm mostly happy.
OK BE's resident nostradamus....England v Sweden.

1. What is your prediction (just so I know what other results to back with Ladbrokes) and

2. What would you snap my hand off for tonight?

I think it's gonna be an England win...maybe 2 or 3 nil.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 12:40 pm
Yeah that guy.

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
OK BE's resident nostradamus....England v Sweden.

1. What is your prediction (just so I know what other results to back with Ladbrokes) and

2. What would you snap my hand off for tonight?

I think it's gonna be an England win...maybe 2 or 3 nil.
I'm going for goals and 3 - 1 England. Mostly because all I've heard is how great it's been there have been no Nil/Nil games - which this might be.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 12:41 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

2:0, maybe 2:1

England win. But a draw will do as long as France win the other game.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 12:44 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I'm taking a 1-1, I still don't think we've got enough to put teams away.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 12:56 pm
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

We've yet to beat the Swedes aren't we? Just a massive bunch of draws and a couple of loses, so I say we're due a win, but it'll be a close thing.

2-1 and a scary last 25 minutes

Still can't believe I've got to DVR this match, bit annoying, oh well.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.