Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

England Vs (Well, Themselves Really)

England Vs (Well, Themselves Really)

Old Jun 23rd 2010, 7:48 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: England Vs (Well, Themselves Really)

Originally Posted by tony126 View Post
There has to be something physically wrong with Rooney. Three consecutive lack lustre performances are not like him. Comments any one. The team itself played much better but are still not convincing enough for me. Hopefully will improve now that they have got the qualifying rounds out of the way.
Hes a thieving scouser ...I've said before, he just needs to go back to nicking cars!!!

Next best idea...start Crouch for Christs sake!!
Old Jun 24th 2010, 12:12 am
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony126 View Post
There has to be something physically wrong with Rooney. Three consecutive lack lustre performances are not like him. Comments any one. The team itself played much better but are still not convincing enough for me. Hopefully will improve now that they have got the qualifying rounds out of the way.
The more hair he looses the worse he is.
put a wig on him and he will play just fine.
Old Jun 26th 2010, 2:18 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux View Post
He definitely doesn't look well.
Too much COKE.........................MM
Old Jun 28th 2010, 8:26 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex View Post
I don't have high hopes today. Maybe it's a good thing - the Premier League is killing English talent allegedly. Maybe something needs to be done to understand why supposedly great players are actually unbelievably shit when asked to play without their amazing European and African teammates doing all the talented stuff around them.

Although the Italians and French don't have many foreigners in their leagues - didn't seem to make them world-beaters, did it?
Old Jul 1st 2010, 1:04 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
Although the Italians and French don't have many foreigners in their leagues - didn't seem to make them world-beaters, did it?
but I wonder if it's a coincidence that the Champions of Italy (and Europe) last season didn't have a single Italian player in their starting lineup
Old Jul 1st 2010, 3:18 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Apart from the headbutt kid, Matterazzi - of course
Old Jul 1st 2010, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

tillyrose is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex View Post
I don't have high hopes today. Maybe it's a good thing - the Premier League is killing English talent allegedly. Maybe something needs to be done to understand why supposedly great players are actually unbelievably shit when asked to play without their amazing European and African teammates doing all the talented stuff around them.

Still, I have done some investigative work and found some of the coach crib sheets that Fabio Capello has handed out to under performing Wayne Rooney to get him motivated for today.

http://www.b3tards.com/u/037e58b9e05...neytactics.jpg
Perhaps England needs an English coach to guide Englishmen to a cup..this team reminded me of USA's mens basketball olympic team several years ago. Their was no cohesian and a lot of egos. And when they played against talented quality coached teams their arses where handed to them. England footballers need to take it back to the days of mud and blood and forget glitz and glamour
Old Jul 1st 2010, 4:06 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I think more English players need to chance their arm and play abroad.

I'd say the bottom half of the Italian, German and Spanish table could batter the bottom half of the premier league.

Playing Hull City and Wigan week in week out instead of Hertha Berlin, PSG and Lazio is causing detrimental effect.

If you're a top player in England at a top5/6 club, life is too easy. you have 8 hard competitive games against Man U/Chelsea/Arsenal a year.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Manc View Post
I think more English players need to chance their arm and play abroad.

I'd say the bottom half of the Italian, German and Spanish table could batter the bottom half of the premier league.

Playing Hull City and Wigan week in week out instead of Hertha Berlin, PSG and Lazio is causing detrimental effect.

If you're a top player in England at a top5/6 club, life is too easy. you have 8 hard competitive games against Man U/Chelsea/Arsenal a year.
Hey what about Pompey? U mentioned everyone except the darlings of the coast
Old Jul 1st 2010, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

But Manc your point is taken and I concurr. Perhaps the boys are afraid the "wags" abroad are not what they are locally. But they do need to play in other places and also the hungry devouring look obvious on other team faces desperatly seems to be missing on the three lions
Old Jul 1st 2010, 4:24 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

We are seeing an exodus of foreigners out of the English league, well the good players at least....... Alonso, Ronaldo etc etc....... Fabergas and Mascherano maybe going to Barcelona.

Why aren't foreign clubs taking English players? maybe it is because they know English players have been shit for awhile and we've only just seen it first hand.

How is it that Gerard Pique couldn't get a game ahead of Rio Ferdinand at United, yet in 2 years at Barcelona he'll have won it all if Spain win the world cup............
Old Jul 1st 2010, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Manc View Post
We are seeing an exodus of foreigners out of the English league, well the good players at least....... Alonso, Ronaldo etc etc....... Fabergas and Mascherano maybe going to Barcelona.

Why aren't foreign clubs taking English players? maybe it is because they know English players have been shit for awhile and we've only just seen it first hand.

How is it that Gerard Pique couldn't get a game ahead of Rio Ferdinand at United, yet in 2 years at Barcelona he'll have won it all if Spain win the world cup............
Ooooo point taken. But what does that say for the americans that dream of playing in the EPL I went to school with a Blackburn player and he was also a star for New Zeland 's cup team but with that said those stars aren't the stars winning it all. Perhaps they do need to be farmed off then return home to bring the glory of a cup win home. Also perhaps Rooney had a bit of "sampson" uck going into the cup having waxed himself. Maybe he does need the hair.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 4:48 pm
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by tillyrose View Post
Ooooo point taken. But what does that say for the americans that dream of playing in the EPL I went to school with a Blackburn player and he was also a star for New Zeland 's cup team but with that said those stars aren't the stars winning it all. Perhaps they do need to be farmed off then return home to bring the glory of a cup win home. Also perhaps Rooney had a bit of "sampson" uck going into the cup having waxed himself. Maybe he does need the hair.
they don't dream of playing in the EPL.

they dream of playing in Europe, a slight differentiation I grant you. but I think if you were to ask say, Robbie Findley or if he'd rather play at Sporting Lisbon or IFK Gothenburg or Bolton Wanderers, then quite frankly, I don't think he cares, it is miles better than the MLS and has greater exposure to advancement.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

Okay another spot on statement. But I think some of these guys do dream of playing in the premier league. Its where the money is. But yes I am new to your sport and the whole British football culture. It seems to me that the EPL is the NBA of football. Its where the money is. And it seems to be where a lot of the talent is. Maybe its the UN of football. But I believe a lot of the guys that get there are pretty happy with the bank they are getting.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 5:09 pm
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by tillyrose View Post
Okay another spot on statement. But I think some of these guys do dream of playing in the premier league. Its where the money is. But yes I am new to your sport and the whole British football culture. It seems to me that the EPL is the NBA of football. Its where the money is. And it seems to be where a lot of the talent is. Maybe its the UN of football. But I believe a lot of the guys that get there are pretty happy with the bank they are getting.

oooh no doubt, but with the inland revenue taking 50% in taxes....... I think the zeitgeist is changing.

in the 90's it was all Serie A.

2-5 years ago it was Premier League.......

now it is Spanish La Ligua or very close to being the best league.... mainly because the good players all speak spanish and the tax is a lot lot lower. so they don't have to earn as much but have actually more disposable income.

I think the english game has suffered more for being in the spotlight and the influx of money.

It was waaaay better when the likes of Norwich were beating Bayern Munich and Inter Milan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.