Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Cricket 2021

Cricket 2021

Old Jan 19th 2021, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cricket 2021

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cr...st-series.html
An amazing series in Australia, with the Indian team showing fantastic self-discipline in the last two tests. This Daily Mail report does them justice!
Old Jan 19th 2021, 8:59 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cricket 2021

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cr...st-series.html
An amazing series in Australia, with the Indian team showing fantastic self-discipline in the last two tests. This Daily Mail report does them justice!
great win and after the aussie skipper's obnoxious sledging poetic justice - listened to the last hour on the radio - great result
Old Jan 19th 2021, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
great win and after the aussie skipper's obnoxious sledging poetic justice...
Sledging is cheating, because it's intention is to distract the batsman. Only very rarely does a batsman's response meet the challenge. I read once of an incident when Australia was playing Zimbabwe and bowler Glen McGrath came off second best. Reportedly, he greeted a rotund Eddo Brandes at the crease with "God you're fat! How can you bat looking like a pudding? You won't last long. Anyway, why are you so bloody fat, Eddo?" The story goes that Eddo calmly took his guard, looked around the field, and shouted back down the pitch, "Because every time I tup your wife she gives me a biscuit." The keeper and slips fielders went into hysterics, to McGrath's fury.

Well, that's the story; I do hope it's a true one.
Old Jan 19th 2021, 10:21 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow View Post
Sledging is cheating, because it's intention is to distract the batsman. Only very rarely does a batsman's response meet the challenge. I read once of an incident when Australia was playing Zimbabwe and bowler Glen McGrath came off second best. Reportedly, he greeted a rotund Eddo Brandes at the crease with "God you're fat! How can you bat looking like a pudding? You won't last long. Anyway, why are you so bloody fat, Eddo?" The story goes that Eddo calmly took his guard, looked around the field, and shouted back down the pitch, "Because every time I tup your wife she gives me a biscuit." The keeper and slips fielders went into hysterics, to McGrath's fury.

Well, that's the story; I do hope it's a true one.
Eddo Brandes the chicken farmer - remember him well

There was another good one where Robin Smith was sledged by Merv Hughes and told he was the worst batsman in the world Smith belts him for 6 then smiles and say the worst batsman in the world and the worst bowler playing in the same match what are the odds....
Old Jan 19th 2021, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
There was another good one where Robin Smith was sledged by Merv Hughes and told he was the worst batsman in the world Smith belts him for 6 then smiles and says the worst batsman in the world and the worst bowler playing in the same match what are the odds....
Hahaha. That's very funny! In this latest match, Ashwin certainly go the last laugh with Plonker Paine.I wonder who Australia will go to for their next captain.