Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Champions League, make your predictions...

Champions League, make your predictions...

Old Mar 10th 2011, 9:03 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Champions League, make your predictions...

So do we think it's going to be a predicted whitewash with Barca outclassing all, or will there be an upset?

All I know as a Tottenham born girl I was so proud of Spurs last night, we showed we can play defensively when we have to. Not sure how much further we'll get, but the players and Harry have done a sterling job so far.

So who do you reckon will be in the final and what will the final score be?
Old Mar 10th 2011, 11:15 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Champions League, make your predictions...

It's definitely Liverpool's year.

...no wait, that's not right is it. Lets try Barca instead 2-0 vs United
Old Mar 11th 2011, 1:35 am
Is

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Spurs will win it

Hey Pommybird, I grew up just down the road from you in downtown Walthamstow, heh heh. Also had a spell in a rental flat in Edmonton... so Spurs it's gotta be
Old Mar 11th 2011, 1:30 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean View Post
Spurs will win it

Hey Pommybird, I grew up just down the road from you in downtown Walthamstow, heh heh. Also had a spell in a rental flat in Edmonton... so Spurs it's gotta be
Ah I know Walthamstow well - my grandad lived there for years.

As for Spurs, who knows, they may suprise us all yet, maybe Harry can be the first English manager to win the Champions League
Old Mar 11th 2011, 1:35 pm
Grace and gratitude

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus View Post
It's definitely Liverpool's year.

...no wait, that's not right is it. Lets try Barca instead 2-0 vs United
You maybe right about the final and the score, but don't bring your petty male bickering from another thread into here sonny.

Blimey can't you blokes discuss football without resorting to insults and telling people to 'knob off'
Old Mar 11th 2011, 6:56 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
You maybe right about the final and the score, but don't bring your petty male bickering from another thread into here sonny.

Blimey can't you blokes discuss football without resorting to insults and telling people to 'knob off'
With 99.9% of clubs that would be a yes. With Liverpool.. well that would be.... no.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

Jimmy-UK is just really niceJimmy-UK is just really niceJimmy-UK is just really niceJimmy-UK is just really niceJimmy-UK is just really niceJimmy-UK is just really niceJimmy-UK is just really niceJimmy-UK is just really nice

BARCELONA ALL THE WAYYYYY ! =D
Old Mar 11th 2011, 11:28 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone but THEM! (you all know who I mean)
Old Mar 12th 2011, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

Very difficult to see anyone stopping Barcalona. Another year for Manure to wait to try and catch the Mighty Liverpool's tally of European Honours.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 8:37 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BenandPam View Post
Very difficult to see anyone stopping Barcalona. Another year for Manure to wait to try and catch the Mighty Liverpool's tally of European Honours.
German Reunification
Margaret Thatcher Resigns
Iraq invades Kuwait
Hurricane hits UK
Stephen Hendry, becomes the youngest ever world snooker champion.
German food superstore chain Aldi opens its first British store
British Sky Broadcasting founded.
Manchester United equal the record total for FA Cup wins by winning the final replay 1-0 against Crystal Palace
England's chances of winning the World Cup are ended by a penalty shoot-out defeat at the hand of West Germany in the semi-finals. Gazza cried.

Now then, lets all see if we can remember what other significant event happened that year in the football world.......

Doesn't the time just fly by.
Old Mar 13th 2011, 7:02 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and go City, in the Cup, no not Stoke.

Edit:
The full impact of the Arsenal loss to Birmingham has just hit me (in terms of Europa places)
I withdraw any interest in the FA Cup, as even if it goes to Manchester, Bolton or Stoke, still get the Europa place.
I now pledge my full support to a Spurs European Cup campaign, a hard tough campaign that goes all the way to the final, such a strong fight may they put up in Europe that it will inevitably have an imapact on their league form, maybe a few rested players here and there, a few more injuries, put all Spurs efforts to Europe sacrifice the league.

Last edited by kimilseung; Mar 13th 2011 at 7:31 pm.
Old Mar 13th 2011, 8:17 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
Oh, and go City, in the Cup, no not Stoke.

Edit:
The full impact of the Arsenal loss to Birmingham has just hit me (in terms of Europa places)
I withdraw any interest in the FA Cup, as even if it goes to Manchester, Bolton or Stoke, still get the Europa place.
I now pledge my full support to a Spurs European Cup campaign, a hard tough campaign that goes all the way to the final, such a strong fight may they put up in Europe that it will inevitably have an imapact on their league form, maybe a few rested players here and there, a few more injuries, put all Spurs efforts to Europe sacrifice the league.
You won't catch Spurs. Liverpool to get nothing... how good would that be.

Last edited by iamthecreaturefromuranus; Mar 13th 2011 at 10:07 pm.
Old Mar 13th 2011, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Maria_747 will become famous soon enoughMaria_747 will become famous soon enough

I have a feeling its going to be maybe a Chelsea or ManU V Barcelona final but I would not rule out the Shakhtar Donetsk, they were impressive against Roma.

Barcelona are in a class of their own, they are amazing, it looks like its their year for Champions League.
Old Mar 13th 2011, 10:11 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maria_747 View Post
I have a feeling its going to be maybe a Chelsea or ManU V Barcelona final but I would not rule out the Shakhtar Donetsk, they were impressive against Roma.

Barcelona are in a class of their own, they are amazing, it looks like its their year for Champions League.
good draw tonight against Seville.

I think their defence is suspect....
Old Mar 13th 2011, 10:20 pm
Fair and balanced

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus View Post
You won't catch Spurs. Liverpool to get nothing... how good would that be.
Whats this got to do with Liverpool? you bring Liverpool in to everything, you're obsessed.
This is all about Tottenham and a hard fought, tiring, injury causing, glorious European campaign.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.