British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Locker Room (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/)
-   -   British football thread 2017-2018 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/british-football-thread-2017-2018-a-896758/)

yellowroom Jun 8th 2017 3:25 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 
Meanwhile, down in the Championship...

It's looking increasingly likely we will be getting Leonid Slutsky as our new manager - again taking a punt on a foreign manager with an established record who wants to break into the English game. Could be interesting. We've already lost Curtis Davies to Derby, so we need to get someone in ASAP before we leak any more of our core team to rivals - we've accepted losing our bigger names to the PL, but we need players like Davies in the Champioinship.

Meanwhile, the Yorkshire Post has reported that we are looking to install a Director of Football, and given they are the only media that the owners talk to, I'm taking it seriously. Rumours are it could be Steve McLaren as there have been persistent hints that he was up to something in the area, and he does have the City connection.

Boro are deciding between Monk and Pearson as their new manager - either could be good for them and bad for us. As always in this league, it will be a tough job fighting our way out, and as well as Boro we need to take on Wednesday, Fulham, Derby, Villa & Reading right from the start.

Garbatellamike Jun 8th 2017 4:10 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by zargof (Post 12268888)
that leaves an opening for the biggest scumbag in the league,

Fellani - simples

yellowroom Jun 8th 2017 4:20 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12268910)
Fellani - simples

I dunno, he's good entertainment value for a neutral. Ross Barkley would get my vote as he doesn't seem to have any redeeming features at all.

DaveLovesDee Jun 8th 2017 4:31 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by zargof (Post 12268888)
So Jose left last year, then Terry went, and now it looks like Costa is leaving the Chavs. Does this mean that the Chavs are going to become more likeable? After all Conte seems like a decent guy. I dunno, I doubt it though.

Speaking of Costa, if he does bugger off to Italy, or China or wherever, that leaves an opening for the biggest scumbag in the league, and there doesn't seem to be an obvious candidate. I mean Barton is done, Cattermole is relegated, does that mean it falls to the likes of Fellaini or Shawcross, or God forbid Jack Wheelchair? Who knows, maybe someone will buy Sergio Ramos...

Costa doesn't want to play with Lukaku.....

pommybird Jun 8th 2017 5:54 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12268696)
So it's official now - we have a new goalie and he has an 81.2% save ratio last season contrasting well with Clownio's Bravo's 0%.

i hear on the grapevine that with the spending on Ederson, Levy reckons Walker is worth at least 60m to City.

SpoogleDrummer Jun 8th 2017 6:40 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by pommybird (Post 12268964)
i hear on the grapevine that with the spending on Ederson, Levy reckons Walker is worth at least 60m to City.

He's off his rocker then. That and hearing Rooney won't take a pay cut makes me wonder about the mental ability of these people even more than ever.

pommybird Jun 8th 2017 7:36 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer (Post 12268987)
He's off his rocker then. That and hearing Rooney won't take a pay cut makes me wonder about the mental ability of these people even more than ever.

Supply and demand, attacking full backs are all the rage!

As for Roo, if money is all he cares about why doesn't he bugger off to the Chinese super league? He needs plenty of cash, every time I flick through one of my highly intellectual celeb mags, there is Coleen and 'the boys' sunning themselves on holiday, on some far flung paradise beach.....literally every month of the year she has some sort of exotic holiday.

DaveLovesDee Jun 9th 2017 3:16 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by pommybird (Post 12269008)
Supply and demand, attacking full backs are all the rage!

As for Roo, if money is all he cares about why doesn't he bugger off to the Chinese super league? He needs plenty of cash, every time I flick through one of my highly intellectual celeb mags, there is Coleen and 'the boys' sunning themselves on holiday, on some far flung paradise beach.....literally every month of the year she has some sort of exotic holiday.

To be fair, if you were married to Rooney, you'd be on permanent holiday............

JamesM Jun 9th 2017 2:53 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by pommybird (Post 12268964)
i hear on the grapevine that with the spending on Ederson, Levy reckons Walker is worth at least 60m to City.

Levy will push City to 45 million plus.

Enough for us to add a couple of players.

Shrewd business as Walker is all pace and his pace will start to wain now he is approaching the wrong end of his 20's.

If City were smarter they'd be after Kyle Walker-Peters but thankfully they are not.

pommybird Jun 9th 2017 5:17 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 12269475)
Levy will push City to 45 million plus.

Enough for us to add a couple of players.

Shrewd business as Walker is all pace and his pace will start to wain now he is approaching the wrong end of his 20's.

If City were smarter they'd be after Kyle Walker-Peters but thankfully they are not.

Let's hope we spend it wisely and not on a load of Capoues and Soldados!

johnwoo Jun 9th 2017 9:00 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12268925)
Costa doesn't want to play with Lukaku.....

Possible swap, Lukaku for Costa?

DaveLovesDee Jun 9th 2017 10:08 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by johnwoo (Post 12269708)
Possible swap, Lukaku for Costa?

Costa won't want to go to a Liverpool club.

johnwoo Jun 9th 2017 10:58 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12269732)
Costa won't want to go to a Liverpool club.

Who does?
He could be with some of his fellow Brazilians.

DaveLovesDee Jun 9th 2017 11:39 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by johnwoo (Post 12269755)
Who does?
He could be with some of his fellow Brazilians.

I don't know what kind of trim Scouse girls get for their wax.....

johnwoo Jun 10th 2017 12:36 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12269783)
I don't know what kind of trim Scouse girls get for their wax.....

What ever it is, I wouldn't want to go there.


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:04 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.