British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Locker Room (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/)
-   -   British football thread 2017-2018 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/british-football-thread-2017-2018-a-896758/)

DaveLovesDee Aug 15th 2017 12:42 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12316033)
It was announced by the Swansea manager during the week that Siggy wasn't going to be in this weekend's team.

It should also be noted that none of the other 4 want-aways (Van Djk, Barkley, Coutinho and whoever the other guy is) played this weekend either.

Costa. That was the other guy....

JamesM Aug 15th 2017 1:05 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by ededed (Post 12316598)

I didn't see Citeh - heard it was a laboured win? And 3 points against the barcodes at St James's is a decent result though, even after Voldemort got sent off for losing his mind against Ali.

Tottenham were pretty laboured. Voldemort let his team mates down with that mad rush of blood. Newcastle were holding their own.

We needed the result. Chelsea at Wembley next Sunday- although they've lost to Arsenal twice on their last two visits so I give us a decent chance.

Garbatellamike Aug 15th 2017 9:14 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 12316760)
so I give us a decent chance.

I think you have a stronger side than them so should have more than a decent chance

ededed Aug 15th 2017 5:52 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 
Happy belated birthday to our resident Gooner for yesterday. He kept that quiet, the old bastard!

Garbatellamike Aug 15th 2017 5:53 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by ededed (Post 12317246)
Happy belated birthday to our resident Gooner for yesterday. He kept that quiet, the old bastard!

Indeed - happy birthday mate

zargof Aug 15th 2017 5:55 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by ededed (Post 12317246)
Happy belated birthday to our resident Gooner for yesterday. He kept that quiet, the old bastard!

Understandable. When you get to that sort of age, you don't like to be reminded.

DaveLovesDee Aug 15th 2017 6:11 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by ededed (Post 12317246)
Happy belated birthday to our resident Gooner for yesterday. He kept that quiet, the old bastard!


Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12317247)
Indeed - happy birthday mate

Thanks both! Yes, I was keeping it quiet.


Originally Posted by zargof (Post 12317250)
Understandable. When you get to that sort of age, you don't like to be reminded.

Yup, I'm one of the 49-er's now........

johnwoo Aug 15th 2017 10:14 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12317257)
Thanks both! Yes, I was keeping it quiet.



Yup, I'm one of the 49-er's now........

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDY4WDUwMA...5.JPG?set_id=2

DaveLovesDee Aug 15th 2017 11:03 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by johnwoo (Post 12317410)

Well done on reaching that age......

JamesM Aug 16th 2017 1:37 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12317257)
Thanks both! Yes, I was keeping it quiet.



Yup, I'm one of the 49-er's now........

Yeah.

Happy Birthday Mate!

yellowroom Aug 16th 2017 9:29 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 
A lovely warm Tuesday evening spoiled by the football. If Wolves keeps up this level of performance they'll be automatically joining you lot next season. Well organised, disciplined with a couple of excellent marquee signings - they took us apart first half. Literally men v boys at points.

And if being beaten wasn't bad enough, our best striker Hernandez went down with a buggered Achilles and was stretchered off. Best hope the rumoured Mesa loan happens soon.

pommybird Aug 16th 2017 1:35 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 
Feliz cumpleanos from Spain, Hooky! 30 degree here today. Missed the footy at the weekend but saw the scores. James, have we bought anyone yet and have we binned off Sissoko?

JamesM Aug 16th 2017 2:37 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by pommybird (Post 12317869)
Feliz cumpleanos from Spain, Hooky! 30 degree here today. Missed the footy at the weekend but saw the scores. James, have we bought anyone yet and have we binned off Sissoko?

Sissoko started on the weekend.

We scored two goals once they hauled him off. I think to make the title race interesting we are going to play him to give the other teams a chance.

We are strongly linked in the media with Colombian centre half Davinson Sanchez. The positive is he was the Ajax Player of the year last season when they had that run to the Europa League final. The negative is that he has only had one season in the dutch top flight so could potentially be the next Janssen.

If he was a product of the Ajax academy like Verthongen I'd not be as concerned.

I think he is inbound along with that Everton guy.

We did make a cheeky attempt to sign Sessegnon from Fulham but they told us where to go. No doubt we will be working behind the scenes to unsettle the player as much as possible.

In short no we haven't bought anyone!

Cainess Aug 16th 2017 3:11 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 12317925)
Sissoko started on the weekend.

We scored two goals once they hauled him off. I think to make the title race interesting we are going to play him to give the other teams a chance.

We are strongly linked in the media with Colombian centre half Davinson Sanchez. The positive is he was the Ajax Player of the year last season when they had that run to the Europa League final. The negative is that he has only had one season in the dutch top flight so could potentially be the next Janssen.

If he was a product of the Ajax academy like Verthongen I'd not be as concerned.

I think he is inbound along with that Everton guy.

We did make a cheeky attempt to sign Sessegnon from Fulham but they told us where to go. No doubt we will be working behind the scenes to unsettle the player as much as possible.

In short no we haven't bought anyone!

You SHOULD be worried...in the Europa League Final, he was a complete liability, constantly caught out of position. Looks very comfortable on the ball, but you already have a couple of those types in Vertonghen & Alderweireld.... :blink:

Not sure why anyone sees any attraction in Barkley- totally over-rated, mostly by himself. Everton have just bought three times the player in Sigurdsson.

Garbatellamike Aug 16th 2017 3:35 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by Cainess (Post 12317944)
Not sure why anyone sees any attraction in Barkley- totally over-rated, mostly by himself. Everton have just bought three times the player in Sigurdsson.

:goodpost: spot on


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:15 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.