British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Locker Room (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/)
-   -   British football thread 2017-2018 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/british-football-thread-2017-2018-a-896758/)

johnwoo Aug 8th 2017 3:14 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018

Good luck if United sign Bale, they can buy the Championship if it makes them happy. we're Number one we spend bigger.
I'm hating the premier league, I think I'll start supporting QPR :cool:

Scamp Aug 8th 2017 5:44 am

Originally Posted by ededed (Post 12311701)
So now we're only the official holders of 2 major trophies? The shame!

United v Wet Spam on Sunday, man it feels good to say that. But then I got an email from MUFC this weekend. 2 hours of security checks before every game, and 3 years of major roadworks on the Manchester ring road. Awesome. With TV meaning all United's games will now be at shit hours, I can't even get trains. What a massive pain in the arse.

Good God you sounds like such a ****ing woman. Just go and wash your fanny and get on with it.

Some of us have real problems....I'm still trying to contact the Tokyo Saints Supporters Club to find out where they congregate to see Yoshida make Saints fans angry.

ededed Aug 8th 2017 10:10 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12311750)
This section should be finished by the end of 2017

You could always watch Rangers v Hearts instead.....

Thanks - fingers crossed. As for the SPL, not even Rangers fans would watch that. It makes the Johnstone Paint trophy look like the World Cup.

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 12311795)
Could win something tomorrow son?

You have a date with Madrid and Gareth Bale!

Bale's going nowhere. More paper talk and Jose being a little tinker as usual. And the Super Cup? The most mis-named trophy since the Scamp award for funny posts.

Originally Posted by johnwoo (Post 12311825)
Good luck if United sign Bale, they can buy the Championship if it makes them happy. we're Number one we spend bigger.
I'm hating the premier league, I think I'll start supporting QPR :cool:

:lol:

It's the Premiership, not the Championship. The championship was what you were in before you got rescued from bankruptcy by a man who needed to funnel illegal funds out of Russia. When he's got all his cash out, he'll be off and away, and you'll be back in division 2. Probably alongside us, as the Glazers are now denying funds to Jose to buy a left back as he's clearly realised Shaw's level of fitness was perfect for a bottom 6 side but not good enough for a 3-time European Cup side of Galacticos like Lingard, Smalling and Jones.

Actually, I agree, I hate football. I'm going to support Clyde.

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12311855)
Good God you sounds like such a ****ing woman. Just go and wash your fanny and get on with it.

Some of us have real problems....I'm still trying to contact the Tokyo Saints Supporters Club to find out where they congregate to see Yoshida make Saints fans angry.

:lol: sorry, didn't realise you were busy googling "where to find men in the Far East". As you were.

Scamp Aug 8th 2017 11:11 am

Originally Posted by ededed (Post 12311982)
Bale's going nowhere. More paper talk and Jose being a little tinker as usual. And the Super Cup? The most mis-named trophy since the Scamp award for funny posts.

:lol: sorry, didn't realise you were busy googling "where to find men in the Far East". As you were.

More whining. More moaning. More drivel. More shit jokes....at least we know you won't win the greatly named award.
You really must try harder this year. Last year the thread attendees pitied you, this year I can see few tolerating such sub-standard chat. I mean, you make JamesM look interesting with posts like this last one.

Garbatellamike Aug 8th 2017 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by ededed (Post 12311701)
So now we're only the official holders of 2 major trophies? The shame!

You have only 2 whilst Man City Woman have 3.....

Garbatellamike Aug 8th 2017 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12312022)
I mean, you make JamesM look interesting with posts like this last one.

Oh come on that's a bit harsh isn't it? :sneaky:;)

ededed Aug 8th 2017 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12312022)
More whining. More moaning. More drivel. More shit jokes....at least we know you won't win the greatly named award.
You really must try harder this year. Last year the thread attendees pitied you, this year I can see few tolerating such sub-standard chat. I mean, you make JamesM look interesting with posts like this last one.

I live to give :wub:

DaveLovesDee Aug 8th 2017 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12312044)
You have only 2 whilst Man City Woman have 3.....

I take it you're including last season?

Because Arsenal have won 2 since the end of the season, but 3 in the last 3-4 months if you include the FA Cup. Man Utd might get another tonight if they win UEFA's version of the Community Shield.

Garbatellamike Aug 8th 2017 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12312073)
I take it you're including last season?

Because Arsenal have won 2 since the end of the season, but 3 in the last 3-4 months if you include the FA Cup. Man Utd might get another tonight if they win UEFA's version of the Community Shield.

I was but not sure about Ed as he has previously referred to the LC and EL as mickey mouse competitions so they can't now be major trophies can they??????

:scarper:

Scamp Aug 8th 2017 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12312086)
I was but not sure about Ed as he has previously referred to the LC and EL as mickey mouse competitions so they can't now be major trophies can they??????

Everything is mickey mouse unless United win it. Then it's practically the world cup the way these ***** bang on about it.

It's cute. They need these things to pretend they're still the biggest club in town. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

DaveLovesDee Aug 8th 2017 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12312091)
Everything is mickey mouse unless United win it. Then it's practically the world cup the way these ***** bang on about it.

It's cute. They need these things to pretend they're still the biggest club in town. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well they sold their biggest player to Everton, though I hear the latter have put him on a diet and given him free membership of the local grab-a-granny nightclub.

ededed Aug 8th 2017 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12312086)

Not major trophies. But I'd rather have them than finish 11th.

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12312091)

I'd rather United beat West Ham on Sunday than have England win the World Cup, so yeah, they're bigger than the World Cup. Much bigger. If you are still sold on the whole Engerlund thing then you clearly need more than hopes of Premiership survival to cling to.

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12312096)
Well they sold their biggest player to Everton, though I hear the latter have put him on a diet and given him free membership of the local grab-a-granny nightclub.

Biggest being the optimal word.

I love your hate ladies, it feeds me. It proves that we're still the club you all care about. We're not arrogant for any other reason than we're just significantly better than you.

Scamp Aug 8th 2017 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12312096)

Proper chuckle at this.

Oh well, first weekend predictions everyone?

Arsenal v Leicester - 2-1
Watford v Coutinhogonerpool - 1-2
Palace v 'Uddersfield - I couldn't give less of a shit. 43-97
Everton v Stoke - 3-1
Saints v Swansea - 2-0
WBA v AFCB - 1-1
B&H v Citeh - 0-5
Newc v Spuds - 5-1 like last time
Man U v West Ham - 0-1 Chicharito winner in Fergie time. Hahahahah wankers.

Garbatellamike Aug 8th 2017 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by ededed (Post 12312100)
Not major trophies. But I'd rather have them than finish 11th.

I spent many years dreaming of finishing as high as 11th :nod:

SpoogleDrummer Aug 8th 2017 4:05 pm

Arsenal v Leicester - 3-1 - Giving them false hope
Watford v Liverpool - 2-2 - Taking our false hope
Palace v 'Uddersfield - 3-0
Everton v Stoke - 1-0
Saints v Swansea - 2-0
WBA v AFCB - 1-2
B&H v Citeh - 0-3
Newc v Spuds - 1-3
Man U v West Ham - 3-1

And an extra bonus fixture : Chelsea v Burnley 4:0

I haven't paid any attention to anyone but Liverpool's pre-season or who they've signed so wouldn't be surprised if every prediction is miles off.