British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Locker Room (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/)
-   -   British football thread 2017-2018 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/british-football-thread-2017-2018-a-896758/)

yellowroom Jun 8th 2017 3:25 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 
Meanwhile, down in the Championship...

It's looking increasingly likely we will be getting Leonid Slutsky as our new manager - again taking a punt on a foreign manager with an established record who wants to break into the English game. Could be interesting. We've already lost Curtis Davies to Derby, so we need to get someone in ASAP before we leak any more of our core team to rivals - we've accepted losing our bigger names to the PL, but we need players like Davies in the Champioinship.

Meanwhile, the Yorkshire Post has reported that we are looking to install a Director of Football, and given they are the only media that the owners talk to, I'm taking it seriously. Rumours are it could be Steve McLaren as there have been persistent hints that he was up to something in the area, and he does have the City connection.

Boro are deciding between Monk and Pearson as their new manager - either could be good for them and bad for us. As always in this league, it will be a tough job fighting our way out, and as well as Boro we need to take on Wednesday, Fulham, Derby, Villa & Reading right from the start.

Garbatellamike Jun 8th 2017 4:10 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by zargof (Post 12268888)
that leaves an opening for the biggest scumbag in the league,

Fellani - simples

yellowroom Jun 8th 2017 4:20 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12268910)
Fellani - simples

I dunno, he's good entertainment value for a neutral. Ross Barkley would get my vote as he doesn't seem to have any redeeming features at all.

DaveLovesDee Jun 8th 2017 4:31 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by zargof (Post 12268888)
So Jose left last year, then Terry went, and now it looks like Costa is leaving the Chavs. Does this mean that the Chavs are going to become more likeable? After all Conte seems like a decent guy. I dunno, I doubt it though.

Speaking of Costa, if he does bugger off to Italy, or China or wherever, that leaves an opening for the biggest scumbag in the league, and there doesn't seem to be an obvious candidate. I mean Barton is done, Cattermole is relegated, does that mean it falls to the likes of Fellaini or Shawcross, or God forbid Jack Wheelchair? Who knows, maybe someone will buy Sergio Ramos...

Costa doesn't want to play with Lukaku.....

pommybird Jun 8th 2017 5:54 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12268696)
So it's official now - we have a new goalie and he has an 81.2% save ratio last season contrasting well with Clownio's Bravo's 0%.

i hear on the grapevine that with the spending on Ederson, Levy reckons Walker is worth at least 60m to City.

SpoogleDrummer Jun 8th 2017 6:40 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by pommybird (Post 12268964)
i hear on the grapevine that with the spending on Ederson, Levy reckons Walker is worth at least 60m to City.

He's off his rocker then. That and hearing Rooney won't take a pay cut makes me wonder about the mental ability of these people even more than ever.

pommybird Jun 8th 2017 7:36 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer (Post 12268987)
He's off his rocker then. That and hearing Rooney won't take a pay cut makes me wonder about the mental ability of these people even more than ever.

Supply and demand, attacking full backs are all the rage!

As for Roo, if money is all he cares about why doesn't he bugger off to the Chinese super league? He needs plenty of cash, every time I flick through one of my highly intellectual celeb mags, there is Coleen and 'the boys' sunning themselves on holiday, on some far flung paradise beach.....literally every month of the year she has some sort of exotic holiday.

DaveLovesDee Jun 9th 2017 3:16 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by pommybird (Post 12269008)
Supply and demand, attacking full backs are all the rage!

As for Roo, if money is all he cares about why doesn't he bugger off to the Chinese super league? He needs plenty of cash, every time I flick through one of my highly intellectual celeb mags, there is Coleen and 'the boys' sunning themselves on holiday, on some far flung paradise beach.....literally every month of the year she has some sort of exotic holiday.

To be fair, if you were married to Rooney, you'd be on permanent holiday............

JamesM Jun 9th 2017 2:53 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by pommybird (Post 12268964)
i hear on the grapevine that with the spending on Ederson, Levy reckons Walker is worth at least 60m to City.

Levy will push City to 45 million plus.

Enough for us to add a couple of players.

Shrewd business as Walker is all pace and his pace will start to wain now he is approaching the wrong end of his 20's.

If City were smarter they'd be after Kyle Walker-Peters but thankfully they are not.

pommybird Jun 9th 2017 5:17 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 12269475)
Levy will push City to 45 million plus.

Enough for us to add a couple of players.

Shrewd business as Walker is all pace and his pace will start to wain now he is approaching the wrong end of his 20's.

If City were smarter they'd be after Kyle Walker-Peters but thankfully they are not.

Let's hope we spend it wisely and not on a load of Capoues and Soldados!

johnwoo Jun 9th 2017 9:00 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12268925)
Costa doesn't want to play with Lukaku.....

Possible swap, Lukaku for Costa?

DaveLovesDee Jun 9th 2017 10:08 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by johnwoo (Post 12269708)
Possible swap, Lukaku for Costa?

Costa won't want to go to a Liverpool club.

johnwoo Jun 9th 2017 10:58 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12269732)
Costa won't want to go to a Liverpool club.

Who does?
He could be with some of his fellow Brazilians.

DaveLovesDee Jun 9th 2017 11:39 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by johnwoo (Post 12269755)
Who does?
He could be with some of his fellow Brazilians.

I don't know what kind of trim Scouse girls get for their wax.....

johnwoo Jun 10th 2017 12:36 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12269783)
I don't know what kind of trim Scouse girls get for their wax.....

What ever it is, I wouldn't want to go there.

Scamp Jun 11th 2017 5:26 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 12269475)
Levy will push City to 45 million plus.

Enough for us to add a couple of players.

Shrewd business as Walker is all pace and his pace will start to wain now he is approaching the wrong end of his 20's.

If City were smarter they'd be after Kyle Walker-Peters but thankfully they are not.

If I could be bothered I'd go back in the old threads and find all the posts where you pucker up, kneel down and deep-throat Kyle Walker until he spaffs with all his ferocity on your face.
Nobody could say anything apart from how great he was. Woe betide the person who pointed out he wasn't that great. You'd circle back quicker than a dolphin on speed and demand an apology, then more of the Kyle Walker special man-mayo moisturiser.

But then..... Kyle wants to leave you and let some Manc chow down. You feel hurt. You're going to be cheated on but you're not certain yet. You're angry. You've lashed out and accepted 45m is good enough for the messiah you once hailed. He's leaving you but if you can find a few more Trippier and Wimmers you'll be alright? Replace such greatness with a few more Championship full backs and laud Levy as a genius, whilst he's openly cementing your status as a feeder club, lucky to be in the top four having bottled it for two years running.

Football fans. Un-****ing-believable.

ededed Jun 11th 2017 9:40 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12270299)
If I could be bothered I'd go back in the old threads and find all the posts where you pucker up, kneel down and deep-throat Kyle Walker until he spaffs with all his ferocity on your face.
Nobody could say anything apart from how great he was. Woe betide the person who pointed out he wasn't that great. You'd circle back quicker than a dolphin on speed and demand an apology, then more of the Kyle Walker special man-mayo moisturiser.

But then..... Kyle wants to leave you and let some Manc chow down. You feel hurt. You're going to be cheated on but you're not certain yet. You're angry. You've lashed out and accepted 45m is good enough for the messiah you once hailed. He's leaving you but if you can find a few more Trippier and Wimmers you'll be alright? Replace such greatness with a few more Championship full backs and laud Levy as a genius, whilst he's openly cementing your status as a feeder club, lucky to be in the top four having bottled it for two years running.

Football fans. Un-****ing-believable.

Sometimes I wish you'd get off the fence.

jam25mack Jun 11th 2017 10:03 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12270299)
If I could be bothered I'd go back in the old threads and find all the posts where you pucker up, kneel down and deep-throat Kyle Walker until he spaffs with all his ferocity on your face.
Nobody could say anything apart from how great he was. Woe betide the person who pointed out he wasn't that great. You'd circle back quicker than a dolphin on speed and demand an apology, then more of the Kyle Walker special man-mayo moisturiser.

But then..... Kyle wants to leave you and let some Manc chow down. You feel hurt. You're going to be cheated on but you're not certain yet. You're angry. You've lashed out and accepted 45m is good enough for the messiah you once hailed. He's leaving you but if you can find a few more Trippier and Wimmers you'll be alright? Replace such greatness with a few more Championship full backs and laud Levy as a genius, whilst he's openly cementing your status as a feeder club, lucky to be in the top four having bottled it for two years running.

Football fans. Un-****ing-believable.

Ha ha ha! Rant tastic! :rofl::rofl:

In other news, 70M for VVD....... someone has got their hands on some seriously good gear! Quite amused by the whole scally tapping up chat. Surely Klippedy should be fined or whatever after the admission of guilt also.

Garbatellamike Jun 11th 2017 10:09 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 
Never mind that - disastrous friendly fire in the Argie-Brazil game - Otamendi, what have you done.........

Scamp Jun 11th 2017 10:18 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 12270408)
Ha ha ha! Rant tastic! :rofl::rofl:

In other news, 70M for VVD....... someone has got their hands on some seriously good gear! Quite amused by the whole scally tapping up chat. Surely Klippedy should be fined or whatever after the admission of guilt also.

It's nice to have made those peasants apologise, but frankly, we knew VVD was off in January.

Let's just get as much as we can for him, buy someone to replace, keep Jack Stephens playing and improving and just generally hope we don't totally fall apart this summer.

I do genuinely believe though he is of a similar if not better level than your Luiz / Stones type players. Well, he's light years ahead of the latter and less of a liability than the former. They were both 50m quid right?

Garbatellamike Jun 11th 2017 10:24 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12270419)
It's nice to have made those peasants apologise, but frankly, we knew VVD was off in January.

Let's just get as much as we can for him, buy someone to replace, keep Jack Stephens playing and improving and just generally hope we don't totally fall apart this summer.

I do genuinely believe though he is of a similar if not better level than your Luiz / Stones type players. Well, he's light years ahead of the latter and less of a liability than the former. They were both 50m quid right?

no where near 50 mil
Spoiler:
it was only 47.5 :o

pommybird Jun 11th 2017 11:21 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12270299)
If I could be bothered I'd go back in the old threads and find all the posts where you pucker up, kneel down and deep-throat Kyle Walker until he spaffs with all his ferocity on your face.
Nobody could say anything apart from how great he was. Woe betide the person who pointed out he wasn't that great. You'd circle back quicker than a dolphin on speed and demand an apology, then more of the Kyle Walker special man-mayo moisturiser.

But then..... Kyle wants to leave you and let some Manc chow down. You feel hurt. You're going to be cheated on but you're not certain yet. You're angry. You've lashed out and accepted 45m is good enough for the messiah you once hailed. He's leaving you but if you can find a few more Trippier and Wimmers you'll be alright? Replace such greatness with a few more Championship full backs and laud Levy as a genius, whilst he's openly cementing your status as a feeder club, lucky to be in the top four having bottled it for two years running.

Football fans. Un-****ing-believable.

I think you'll find it was me who rated Kyle Walker (although I don't recall ever 'deep throating him), not James,

Scamp Jun 11th 2017 11:48 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by pommybird (Post 12270441)
I think you'll find it was me who rated Kyle Walker (although I don't recall ever 'deep throating him), not James,

You two are one and the same when it comes to Spurs.

Garbatellamike Jun 11th 2017 11:56 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 
Well done the U20s - World Cup winners :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Managed by a City stalwart in the dark day's of the 1980s

Garbatellamike Jun 11th 2017 2:08 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 
It seems City is redoubling the efforts to sign Sanchez as it appears one of our centre backs may have nearly killed one of our forwards - typical City.

zargof Jun 11th 2017 2:32 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12270463)
Well done the U20s - World Cup winners :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Managed by a City stalwart in the dark day's of the 1980s

Yes, good to see the next generation doing so well.

But let's be clear, it was Everton that won it. ;)

ededed Jun 11th 2017 5:45 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by zargof (Post 12270594)
Yes, good to see the next generation doing so well.

But let's be clear, it was Everton that won it. ;)

Yup, fair play. Obviously a decent youth set up there. Saves us from investing in one when we can just hoover up yours.

zargof Jun 11th 2017 5:54 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by ededed (Post 12270679)
Yup, fair play. Obviously a decent youth set up there. Saves us from investing in one when we can just hoover up yours.

It's sweet how you still think you're a big team.

JamesM Jun 11th 2017 6:59 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12270299)
If I could be bothered I'd go back in the old threads and find all the posts where you pucker up, kneel down and deep-throat Kyle Walker until he spaffs with all his ferocity on your face.


Originally Posted by pommybird (Post 12270441)
I think you'll find it was me who rated Kyle Walker (although I don't recall ever 'deep throating him), not James,

Yes I did regard Kyle Walker as England's best right back last summer and backed his selection over several others.

None the less I don't get sentimental about players and no player is bigger than the club.

Walker can go for the right price and pace reliant players start their decline at his age.

People said we were done when Berbatov left and we improved. Then Bale left and we improved. Both of those had been PFA Players of the year when they left.

I certainly don't think Kyle Walker will rock the boat all that much because Trippier is a good right back and Kyle Walker-Peters has the potential to the best of any right back ever to have played for England. If anything this an opportunity to blood another talented youngster and we don't even need to buy a replacement here.

The "clutch" players at Spurs are Lloris, Alderweireld and Kane because they are the hardest to replace or even cover when injured.

ededed Jun 11th 2017 7:01 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by zargof (Post 12270683)
It's sweet how you still think you're a big team.

8th? 9th? I forget.

JamesM Jun 11th 2017 7:05 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12270463)
Well done the U20s - World Cup winners :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Managed by a City stalwart in the dark day's of the 1980s

Looking forward to watching the re-run of that on Canadian TV later.

Good side with focus and discipline. Fingers crossed we see some improvement in the senior national team now. England were awful yesterday and I quit the game at half time.

zargof Jun 11th 2017 7:06 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by ededed (Post 12270715)
8th? 9th? I forget.

I think Man Utd finished 6th, but you're the fan, so why are you asking me?

ededed Jun 11th 2017 7:11 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by zargof (Post 12270719)
I think Man Utd finished 6th, but you're the fan, so why are you asking me?

Angry tonight? I've been enjoying your rants on FB too. Too much wine?

zargof Jun 11th 2017 8:14 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by ededed (Post 12270725)
Angry tonight? I've been enjoying your rants on FB too. Too much wine?

I'm not angry. I don't know why you think that.

I just hope it doesn't take Utd fans as long as it's taken Liverpool fans to realize they're no longer relevant.

pommybird Jun 11th 2017 8:31 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by zargof (Post 12270760)
I'm not angry. I don't know why you think that.

I just hope it doesn't take Utd fans as long as it's taken Liverpool fans to realize they're no longer relevant.

Just don't, you'll only get him banging on about the Community shield again.

ededed Jun 11th 2017 8:58 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by zargof (Post 12270760)
I'm not angry. I don't know why you think that.

I just hope it doesn't take Utd fans as long as it's taken Liverpool fans to realize they're no longer relevant.

Nice try.


Originally Posted by pommybird (Post 12270768)
Just don't, you'll only get him banging on about the Community shield again.

Despite its pathetic, hopeless, almost negligible status as a trophy, it's still shinier than the runners up pot Spurs won :rofl:

We stuck it in the back somewhere with the others we won too.

Spurs and Everton fans. It's still gloomy and dark in the long Stretford shadow.

JamesM Jun 11th 2017 9:16 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by ededed (Post 12270775)
Nice try.



Despite its pathetic, hopeless, almost negligible status as a trophy, it's still shinier than the runners up pot Spurs won :rofl:

Completely negligible.

Spurs play for the important prizes. Maybe you will too soon.

Scamp Jun 12th 2017 4:31 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 12270714)
Yes I did regard Kyle Walker as England's best right back last summer and backed his selection over several others.

ETC

The "clutch" players at Spurs are Lloris, Alderweireld and Kane because they are the hardest to replace or even cover when injured.

Maybe Kyle Walker is a winner and wants to compete for the League?

Who is Kyle Walker-Peters? I assumed that was a joke name?

jam25mack Jun 12th 2017 5:55 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 12270781)

Spurs bottle the important prizes. Maybe you will too soon.

FTFY

It is amusing how you seem to think nearly winning something is a result.

ededed Jun 12th 2017 6:31 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 12270781)
Completely negligible.

Spurs play for the important prizes. Maybe you will too soon.

You are certifiably insane. :rofl:

Finishing 2nd, winning nothing in 10 years and then not getting out of the group stages of the CL every year is not "playing for important prizes". On a trophy by trophy measure, you're Burnley.

Winning 2 cup competitions (out of the 4 available) in a highly transitional season trumps your choking excuse for a year by a factor of about 20.

You actually believe some of the stuff you write, don't you? I used to think you were fishing, but now I think you've turned into a parody of yourself.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:26 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.