British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Locker Room (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/)
-   -   British football thread 2017-2018 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/british-football-thread-2017-2018-a-896758/)

Scamp May 21st 2017 5:47 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by Cainess (Post 12255619)
Diego Costa was 'perhaps' moving to China.... now, after this ruling, he's DEFINITELY going... :sneaky:

It's to be welcomed, but as with anything the authorities come up with, it is more about whether it will be implemented properly & fairly, or just have a few like Dean & Jon Moss (spit) implement for a few months before it 'dies a death'....

Oh dear.


Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12255952)
Good job you don't still have Ronaldo as he'd only play 3 or 4 games a season if they bring that in.

In fairness, I have to add that we will have to sell Sterling!

Sterling...good grief he'll have a tough time adjusting.

I can't wait for some of the first ones to come in, the emptying of arseholes onto forums and facebook from the typical 'big' clubs for being found guilty of having players fall over will be an utter joy to watch.

Ashley Young may as well retire and eat more bird shit.

ededed May 21st 2017 6:35 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12256911)
Ashley Young may as well retire and eat more bird shit.

Topical ;)

zargof May 23rd 2017 4:48 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 
Looks like Siggurdson is going to be an Everton player. I assume as a replacement for Barkley.

Personally, I think we'll get the better end of that deal.

pommybird May 23rd 2017 4:55 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by zargof (Post 12258767)
Looks like Siggurdson is going to be an Everton player. I assume as a replacement for Barkley.

Personally, I think we'll get the better end of that deal.

I think so too.

Said at the time, don't know why we ever sold Siggy, although I think we got Davies in exchange and he's been a half decent cover while Rose has been injured.

P.S Defoe to Bournemouth on a 3 year deal, well chuffed with that!

yellowroom May 23rd 2017 5:33 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 
Crystal Palace to join the Manager merry-go-round. Was not expecting Allardyce to be going.

SpoogleDrummer May 23rd 2017 6:24 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by yellowroom (Post 12258809)
Crystal Palace to join the Manager merry-go-round. Was not expecting Allardyce to be going.

That probably means Zaha is off and Allardyce isn't getting a cut of the sale.

Scamp May 24th 2017 6:57 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by zargof (Post 12258767)
Looks like Siggurdson is going to be an Everton player. I assume as a replacement for Barkley.

Personally, I think we'll get the better end of that deal.

I'd have an unfit, banned and distracted by Twitter Joey Barton over Ross Barkley.

Garbatellamike May 26th 2017 3:44 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 
All change in Manchester!

Navas, Big Willy, Zaba, Clichy and Sagna all out with Bernardo Silva in from Monaco...

ededed May 26th 2017 10:45 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12260984)
All change in Manchester!

Navas, Big Willy, Zaba, Clichy and Sagna all out with Bernardo Silva in from Monaco...

Transfer window opens on July 1st. Not sure how City have managed to get around that?

#crooks #bribery #empty #notrophies #fraudiola #trajectory

DaveLovesDee May 26th 2017 11:44 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by ededed (Post 12261150)
Transfer window opens on July 1st. Not sure how City have managed to get around that?

#crooks #bribery #empty #notrophies #fraudiola #trajectory

Apparently, clubs can sign players now, but they won't be registered until July 1st

Garbatellamike May 27th 2017 11:33 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by ededed (Post 12261150)
Transfer window opens on July 1st. Not sure how City have managed to get around that?

#crooks #bribery #empty #notrophies #fraudiola #trajectory

I told you we were copying Utd's commercial policies :nod: should not have come as a surprise.....

Garbatellamike May 27th 2017 11:36 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 
I also note Maureen has already got his excuses in - I have given Woodward my List, he's to blame if we don't buy anyone decent......

pommybird May 27th 2017 12:56 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12261328)
I also note Maureen has already got his excuses in - I have given Woodward my List, he's to blame if we don't buy anyone decent......

Is Ederson on your list...for a world record fee? Apparently on the cards?

And, oh dear, Benny......Porn sex career tempts Benoit Assou-Ekotto amid transfer | Daily Mail Online

zargof May 27th 2017 2:00 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by pommybird (Post 12261360)

The guy played for Spurs, being a porn star is nowhere near the most embarrassing thing he has done for money.

Garbatellamike May 27th 2017 5:25 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by pommybird (Post 12261360)
Is Ederson on your list...for a world record fee? Apparently on the cards?

Seems so - him and Walker and possibly Mendy


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:20 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.