British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Locker Room (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/)
-   -   British football thread 2017-2018 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/british-football-thread-2017-2018-a-896758/)

hopeful_Mark Jul 7th 2017 6:56 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by IJ157 (Post 12289233)
Cool.
How many did you actually win?


When was the last time Spurs won a significant trophy?

It depends on what you call significant, I doubt spurs fans will say the FA Cup so the last time was when black and white TV's were the norm.;)

Garbatellamike Jul 7th 2017 7:43 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by hopeful_Mark (Post 12289259)
It depends on what you call significant, I doubt spurs fans will say the FA Cup so the last time was when black and white TV's were the norm.;)

We've been through this many times on here:nod:

The Mickey Mouse Cup and Thursday night football don't count and therefore the EPL, FA CUP and ECL are significant trophies.

This is because not every team in the first 2 trophies play strong teams and try to win.

zargof Jul 7th 2017 8:03 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12289284)
We've been through this many times on here:nod:

The Mickey Mouse Cup and Thursday night football don't count and therefore the EPL, FA CUP and ECL are significant trophies.

This is because not every team in the first 2 trophies play strong teams and try to win.

True except when Man Utd are in it, then it's important.

pommybird Jul 7th 2017 8:17 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 
Anyone signed Lukaku yet?

JamesM Jul 7th 2017 8:30 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12289258)
1991 and Utd was 2016 both FA cups

Someone needs to learn how to use Google.

Perhaps Ed can teach him when he is looking up trajectory?

zargof Jul 7th 2017 8:37 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by pommybird (Post 12289305)
Anyone signed Lukaku yet?

Yes Everton, about three years ago.

Garbatellamike Jul 7th 2017 8:43 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by zargof (Post 12289291)
True except when Man Utd are in it, then it's important.

:rofl:

ededed Jul 7th 2017 8:51 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by zargof (Post 12289291)
True except when Man Utd are in it, then it's important.

Yet you'd still give your left bollock to have a season like ours last year. Odd, isn't it? Our worst season in 30 years was still better than your best in the same period. Ouch.


Originally Posted by zargof (Post 12289318)
Yes Everton, about three years ago.

And despite all the money and players, you can't convince him to stay? Everton are a no more than a feeder club to the big 6. The only thing that will change is you'll now start attracting mercenaries. Leeds mark II.

johnwoo Jul 7th 2017 9:01 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 
The secret to being a top 4 club is to find a Russian (or other) Billionaire.
The sad state of the present PL

zargof Jul 7th 2017 9:03 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by ededed (Post 12289327)
Yet you'd still give your left bollock to have a season like ours last year. Odd, isn't it? Our worst season in 30 years was still better than your best in the same period. Ouch.

You worst season in 30 years? Bollocks! Have you forgotten the LVG and Moyes years so soon?


Originally Posted by ededed (Post 12289327)
And despite all the money and players, you can't convince him to stay? Everton are a no more than a feeder club to the big 6. The only thing that will change is you'll now start attracting mercenaries. Leeds mark II.

Here's the thing, I know what position Everton are in, and I'm humble enough to acknowledge it. Lukaku was always going to leave regardless of what players came to Everton.

I just don't understand all this vitriol. Are you really gloating that you're a bigger club than Everton? Is that how far you've fallen? Guess what, you're a bigger club than York and Barnet as well. Great job, well done.

ededed Jul 7th 2017 10:10 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by zargof (Post 12289332)
You worst season in 30 years? Bollocks! Have you forgotten the LVG and Moyes years so soon?

Here's the thing, I know what position Everton are in, and I'm humble enough to acknowledge it. Lukaku was always going to leave regardless of what players came to Everton.

I just don't understand all this vitriol. Are you really gloating that you're a bigger club than Everton? Is that how far you've fallen? Guess what, you're a bigger club than York and Barnet as well. Great job, well done.

;)

DaveLovesDee Jul 7th 2017 10:25 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by zargof (Post 12289332)
You worst season in 30 years? Bollocks! Have you forgotten the LVG and Moyes years so soon?

What Moyes and Van Gaal years?:p

ededed Jul 8th 2017 7:32 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12289392)
What Moyes and Van Gaal years?:p

Exactly.

We were just taking time off to let everyone catch up. Odds for PL champions 2017/2018:

City 15/8
United 10/3
Chelsea 7/2
Spurs 9/1
Arsenal 11/1
Liverpool 11/1

I still think Chelsea will pull a Neymar/Bale type worldie before the window closes - and City have been quiet. Too quiet.

Garbatellamike Jul 8th 2017 10:10 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by ededed (Post 12289535)
Exactly.

We were just taking time off to let everyone catch up. Odds for PL champions 2017/2018:

City 15/8
United 10/3
Chelsea 7/2
Spurs 9/1
Arsenal 11/1
Liverpool 11/1

I still think Chelsea will pull a Neymar/Bale type worldie before the window closes - and City have been quiet. Too quiet.

City 15/8 to get relegated?

zargof Jul 8th 2017 12:21 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 
I see Lukaku is already getting used to the Man Utd ethos. He only went and got himself arrested.


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:28 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.