Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

British football thread 2017-2018

British football thread 2017-2018

Closed Thread

Old Jan 3rd 2018, 1:52 pm
Late In May In 1999...

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British football thread 2017-2018

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
So Coutinho has picked up a "thigh injury". I imagine it's the sort of injury that will clear up once he's breathing that fresh Spanish air in Barcelona.

Apparently his 'people' are pushing to get the deal done this week, as Phil is fearful that something might change (presumably in terms of Barca actually wanting him) in the next 5 months if it doesn't get done during this window....

And there was all the media telling us how 'happy' he looked to still be at Anfield...

Don't know why he's panicking...if a Spurs reject like Paulinho can fit in at Camp Nou, a genuinely class player like him should have no bother....

Just wondering if the £75m paid out for van Dijk was actually some of the money they are about to receive for Coutinho.... might make FSG look a whole lot less appealing to the scousers, if true....
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 2:48 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

well the good new is KdB played against Watford despite the 2 attempts to injure him and the Karma is both the Palace thugs are out for the season with cruciate injuries sustained in the process of kicking KdB - so appropriate.
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 2:56 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cainess View Post
Just wondering if the £75m paid out for van Dijk was actually some of the money they are about to receive for Coutinho.... might make FSG look a whole lot less appealing to the scousers, if true....
It's bound to be, I'm guessing we kept hold of him until we could get someone to cover with Lallana being injured at the time, but Salah worked out better than anyone expected especially when Coutinho was "injured" whilst the last transfer window was still open so they've probably decided we can do ok without him, especially if we fix our defence.

I've still got no problem with FSG, Gillett and Hicks and we'd probably have been relegated by now if Moores was still the owner because Littlewoods are hardly a thriving business. The only other option would be to hope for another oil baron to turn up and forever be worried they might get bored one day and leave. Not sure I want that.
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 8:51 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Well some good full backs on show tonight but the centre backs were dreadful at both ends
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

That game finished unexpectedly! I kind of saw Chelsea coming back to win, I didn't expect to gooners to score a late goal to tie it up.
Old Jan 4th 2018, 1:32 pm
Late In May In 1999...

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
It's bound to be, I'm guessing we kept hold of him until we could get someone to cover with Lallana being injured at the time, but Salah worked out better than anyone expected especially when Coutinho was "injured" whilst the last transfer window was still open so they've probably decided we can do ok without him, especially if we fix our defence.

I've still got no problem with FSG, Gillett and Hicks and we'd probably have been relegated by now if Moores was still the owner because Littlewoods are hardly a thriving business. The only other option would be to hope for another oil baron to turn up and forever be worried they might get bored one day and leave. Not sure I want that.
Yeah, that's fair enough. I see Phil has picked up a "thigh injury" which will keep him out of the Everton FA Cup game.... what a shocker....

I'd imagine Barca & the player's people are putting Liverpool under pressure to accept a deal getting done in the next few weeks; makes no sense for LFC to do it, but they might be better served not to have an unhappy camper around the place for the rest of the season, and use the money to start building for next season (since citeh are out of sight this year... )
Old Jan 4th 2018, 1:53 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cainess View Post
Yeah, that's fair enough. I see Phil has picked up a "thigh injury" which will keep him out of the Everton FA Cup game.... what a shocker....

I'd imagine Barca & the player's people are putting Liverpool under pressure to accept a deal getting done in the next few weeks; makes no sense for LFC to do it, but they might be better served not to have an unhappy camper around the place for the rest of the season, and use the money to start building for next season (since citeh are out of sight this year... )
Liverpool should just get rid, especially if Barca are prepared to pay 100M+ for him. It's not like when Suarez left, Liverpool actually have some other players who are good, and I would argue are better than Coutinho.
Old Jan 4th 2018, 6:35 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

'Arry Kane starting tonight, phew
Old Jan 4th 2018, 11:25 pm
Remainer

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
'Arry Kane starting tonight, phew
Son was my only Spurs player this week, and my FF Captain!
Old Jan 5th 2018, 12:14 am
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

The Nike Coutinho shirt release, makes me think every one involved already knows what is coming.
Old Jan 5th 2018, 10:04 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
Liverpool should just get rid, especially if Barca are prepared to pay 100M+ for him. It's not like when Suarez left, Liverpool actually have some other players who are good, and I would argue are better than Coutinho.
Exactly. Should be at the Nou Camp already. Why would you keep a player who doesn’t want to stay and who you’d get a fat wad of cash for? £100m could buy you 1.1 Pogbas or 75 Jordan Hendersons. Or 200 Henrik Mhikitaryians. Or 100 million Sissokos.

In in the USA right now. Anyone know which channel (if any) will be showing the FA cup matches tonight? (The big one in Salford, not the Scouser chav-fest).
Old Jan 5th 2018, 10:25 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Son was my only Spurs player this week, and my FF Captain!
I had Son, Kane and Ericsson with latter Captain
Old Jan 5th 2018, 10:29 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by ededed View Post

In in the USA right now. Anyone know which channel (if any) will be showing the FA cup matches tonight? (The big one in Salford, not the Scouser chav-fest).
Utd not on sky or BT sport but should be on Fox sports over there.
Old Jan 5th 2018, 10:56 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
Utd not on sky or BT sport but should be on Fox sports over there.
Yep, Fox Sports 2.
Old Jan 5th 2018, 11:28 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
Exactly. Should be at the Nou Camp already. Why would you keep a player who doesn’t want to stay and who you’d get a fat wad of cash for? £100m could buy you 1.1 Pogbas or 75 Jordan Hendersons. Or 200 Henrik Mhikitaryians. Or 100 million Sissokos.

Happy New Year Everybody!.

I've been in the Limpopo the last 3 weeks. Baking, swimming and taking in the amazing wildlife ecosystem.

The wifi and internet in most places has been a bit naff so I was properly able to "unplug" as they say. I now have a 7 hour wait in Joburg airport before flying to Heathrow and on to Toronto.

Ed- if you get stuck use Ronaldo7 on the internet.

Type in Ronaldo7 plus the two teams playing in Google search. It will give you a link.

You then get srved 3 links that won't work- but don't worry if you scroll down below the fold you'll get 15 to 20 links with the game.

This is my go to when ever there is a Spurs game I need to see and don't have TV access. It always works!

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement