British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Locker Room (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/)
-   -   British football thread 2017-2018 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/british-football-thread-2017-2018-a-896758/)

Cainess Dec 29th 2017 3:19 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 
Southampton preview.

I'm The Boss: Manchester United vs. Southampton (Premier League, 30-12-2017)

ededed Dec 30th 2017 5:12 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 
Exactly...

Jose: "Lots of credit to Man City but Pep arrived. Has England keeper. Doesn’t like. Buys the Barca keeper. Doesn’t like. Buys another one. Has Zabaleta + Kolarov. Replaces them with 3; from Tottenham, Monaco + Real. Can we buy 6/7 players at same time + invest £600m/£700m? No"

zargof Dec 30th 2017 11:26 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by ededed (Post 12407285)
Exactly...

Jose: "Lots of credit to Man City but Pep arrived. Has England keeper. Doesn’t like. Buys the Barca keeper. Doesn’t like. Buys another one. Has Zabaleta + Kolarov. Replaces them with 3; from Tottenham, Monaco + Real. Can we buy 6/7 players at same time + invest £600m/£700m? No"

It must be so hard for little clubs like Man United who never have any money to invest in new players.

No idea what that must be like.

Maste Dec 30th 2017 2:01 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 
Bournemouth vs Everton
Chelsea vs Stoke
Huddersfield vs Burnley
Liverpool vs Leicester
Newcastle vs Brighton
Watford vs Swansea
Man Utd vs Southampton

My predictions are highlighted!

ededed Dec 30th 2017 3:40 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by zargof (Post 12407459)
It must be so hard for little clubs like Man United who never have any money to invest in new players.

No idea what that must be like.

If we had £50m we could buy siggurdson...

zargof Dec 30th 2017 4:04 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by ededed (Post 12407559)
If we had £50m we could buy siggurdson...

Siggy would cost you 100M, for 50M you can have Schneiderlin back.

pommybird Dec 30th 2017 5:01 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by zargof (Post 12407570)
Siggy would cost you 100M, for 50M you can have Schneiderlin back.

Siggy pretty quiet today! Not seen much of Everton recently but they were on the back foot the whole game, big mistake by Cook led to your goal, other than that, zilch. The support from your fans pretty dire too.

Anyway 3 points finally for B'mth, Ake had a great game once again.

Scamp Dec 30th 2017 6:42 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 
I knew we wouldn’t lose against that mid table dross tonight.

Easy points at OT for us nowadays.

Shame we’ll be battered by Palace in a few days.

Garbatellamike Dec 30th 2017 7:04 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by ededed (Post 12407285)
Exactly...

Jose: "Lots of credit to Man City but Pep arrived. Has England keeper. Doesn’t like. Buys the Barca keeper. Doesn’t like. Buys another one. Has Zabaleta + Kolarov. Replaces them with 3; from Tottenham, Monaco + Real. Can we buy 6/7 players at same time + invest £600m/£700m? No"

:rofl::rofl: most expensive team with highest wage bill complaining about other's spending :rofl::rofl:

Jesus 27 mil vs Lukakkkukuku 80 mil and Pogba 90 mil vs Sane 40 mil - you just need a manager who get's value for money and once Maureen goes to PSG I recommend you avoid Klippety for that reason :sneaky:

SpoogleDrummer Dec 30th 2017 7:06 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12407608)
:rofl::rofl: most expensive team with highest wage bill complaining about other's spending :rofl::rofl:

Jesus 27 mil vs Lukakkkukuku 80 mil and Pogba 90 mil vs Sane 40 mil - you just need a manager who get's value for money and once Maureen goes to PSG I recommend you avoid Klippety for that reason :sneaky:

Didn't Pep buy Bravo?

Garbatellamike Dec 30th 2017 7:10 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer (Post 12407610)
Didn't Pep buy Bravo?

yes for 17 mil :nod: not his best move but 35 mil for Ederson who was a bargain

IJ157 Dec 30th 2017 7:28 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12407608)
:rofl::rofl: most expensive team with highest wage bill complaining about other's spending :rofl::rofl:

Jesus 27 mil vs Lukakkkukuku 80 mil and Pogba 90 mil vs Sane 40 mil - you just need a manager who get's value for money and once Maureen goes to PSG I recommend you avoid Klippety for that reason :sneaky:

Even as a United fan, I find it cringe worthy and kind of hilarious.

At this rate, they will be out of the top 4!

Garbatellamike Dec 30th 2017 7:41 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by IJ157 (Post 12407616)
Even as a United fan, I find it cringe worthy and kind of hilarious.

At this rate, they will be out of the top 4!

You have a very strong squad and will defintely be top 4 unless Maureen has a meltdown and loses the dressing room entirely

IJ157 Dec 30th 2017 7:55 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12407623)
You have a very strong squad and will defintely be top 4 unless Maureen has a meltdown and loses the dressing room entirely


Yeah, I still think we finish in the top 4. Just being a bit melodramatic after 3 draws in a row in the league.

FA Cup only realistic chance for a cup this season.

Garbatellamike Dec 30th 2017 7:59 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018
 

Originally Posted by IJ157 (Post 12407628)
Yeah, I still think we finish in the top 4. Just being a bit melodramatic after 3 draws in a row in the league.

FA Cup only realistic chance for a cup this season.

you could do well in the ECL too as 0-0 away are good results over 2 legs.


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:13 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.