British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Locker Room (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/)
-   -   British football thread 2017-2018 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/british-football-thread-2017-2018-a-896758/)

ededed Nov 2nd 2017 9:49 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12373136)
I'm playing in a two-ball with a lunatic Spurs fan on Saturday. Will probably cancel today, he's going to be unbearable.

It was a decent result and a good performance, but wins them 3 points and no trophies. If beating Madrid at home is the “greatest result in our history” as some fans on Twitter are claiming then that shows the level of ambition and achievement.

Maybe they can release a DVD of the match - and then spend the next 20 years reminiscing about it while silently seething they never actually won any trophies.

Garbatellamike Nov 2nd 2017 9:56 am

Originally Posted by ededed (Post 12373226)
It was a decent result and a good performance, but wins them 3 points and no trophies. If beating Madrid at home is the “greatest result in our history” as some fans on Twitter are claiming then that shows the level of ambition and achievement.

Maybe they can release a DVD of the match - and then spend the next 20 years reminiscing about it while silently seething they never actually won any trophies.

I understand their point - the trouble with you Clubs with all your history is you have far too much success to chose from. Spurs lost their best player to Madrid and were powerless to stop him going to a big club and they now beat the big club (probably the biggest in the world) and are pretty happy about it.

I think we should be indulgent and understanding of the Spurs euphoria

Scamp Nov 2nd 2017 10:35 am

For my golfing partner and other idiot Spurs fans, this is my attitude.

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12373234)
I understand their point - the trouble with you Clubs with all your history is you have far too much success to chose from. Spurs lost their best player to Madrid and were powerless to stop him going to a big club and they now beat the big club (probably the biggest in the world) and are pretty happy about it.

I think we should be indulgent and understanding of the Spurs euphoria

For the other, more sensible fans, this is my attitude.

Garbatellamike Nov 2nd 2017 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12373253)
For my golfing partner and other idiot Spurs fans, this is my attitude.

For the other, more sensible fans, this is my attitude.

fair enough

JamesM Nov 2nd 2017 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12373136)
I'm playing in a two-ball with a lunatic Spurs fan on Saturday. Will probably cancel today, he's going to be unbearable.

Tottenham have redefined the parameters of the way the game should be played. Again.

You should go as you'll learn something.

Scamp Nov 2nd 2017 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 12373315)
Tottenham have redefined the parameters of the way the game should be played. Again.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Proper chuckle at that. You sound just like him.....

zargof Nov 2nd 2017 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 12373315)

Watch it all go tits up against Palace.

JamesM Nov 2nd 2017 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12373344)
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Proper chuckle at that. You sound just like him.....

Darn it. :p

Thought I was going to fish you big there! :lol:

JamesM Nov 2nd 2017 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by zargof (Post 12373352)
Watch it all go tits up against Palace.

Could happen as I think both Lloris and Alderweireld are both injured now.

We need to get past that banana skin and heal up over the international break.

Garbatellamike Nov 2nd 2017 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 12373421)
Could happen as I think both Lloris and Alderweireld are both injured now.

We need to get past that banana skin and heal up over the international break.

As long as Harry Kane plays you'll be fine ;)

ededed Nov 2nd 2017 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12373446)
As long as Harry Kane plays you'll be fine ;)

On his own....

pommybird Nov 2nd 2017 3:38 pm

This is the first time I've looked on this thread today but I just KNEW there would be a post on here from you, of this ilk, ie, if Spurs fans think this is their greatest achievement blah, blah blah blah boring borin.....the only surprise is that you didn't bang on about the hated adored stuff, or about winning the stupid ****ing League Cup.

JamesM Nov 2nd 2017 4:47 pm

People don't buy DVD's anymore.

Showing your age son!

Here is some highlights of the finest result by a British club in the Champions League group stages of all time:

Garbatellamike Nov 2nd 2017 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 12373539)

Showing your age son!

Here is some highlights of the finest result by a British club in the Champions League group stages of all time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U8Y1tHc36U

polite cough:

Man City 3 - 1 Barcelona - Match Report & Highlights

pommybird Nov 2nd 2017 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 12373539)

Showing your age son!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U8Y1tHc36U

Nearly as good as the dismantling of Inter in 2010.

P.S Ed is still on Beta max (James and other young 'uns - Google it)