British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Locker Room (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/)
-   -   British football thread 2017-2018 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/british-football-thread-2017-2018-a-896758/)

Former Lancastrian Oct 27th 2017 3:10 pm

Re: British football thread 2017-2018

So Kane not fit for Saturdays borefest at Old Trafford.
Bad for Spurs or good for Utd?
Media doing their usual job to hype up this as a big game. Some predicting a 1 - 1 draw.
Are there enough trains to take all the supporter Oop North for this? Will JamesM get up early enough to watch it or still be hungover from Hooters the night before? Ed will actually be travelling Down Sarf for this one probably without his nipper who is still being treated for PTSD following last weeks performance and having to go to Yorkshire to top it off.

To equal out the loss of Kane Phil Jones says he's fit to play. Mike will be happy Citeh will be playing with a normal ball in their match against West Brom and will score within the 90 minute allotted time for this game.
After last weeks rousing win against Utd Uddersfield will probably get spanked at Analfield unless Klopp picks 11 Lovrens.
Pommy will be upset that the Chavs will be invading her home town.

If you were in Macclesfield yesterday you might have spotted a certain Wayne Rooney painting park benches as a goodwill gesture or was it part of his CSO?
Can his new manager inspire him to score goals or stick to painting park benches.

Arsenal FanTV might even be tolerable as they play Swansea.

**** Scamp and his team for selling us a guy who can't recover from a broken leg. At least they will have sand to play on at a proper seaside town.

Have an enjoyable weekend I have a bottle of rum on standby.

BREAKING NEWS FROM FIFA.
Manchester United have now officially been world club champions twice following a ruling by Fifa on Friday.

The council of the sport's world governing body said it had officially recognised the winners of the Intercontinental Cup, which was staged between 1960 and 2004, as club world champions.
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-a3669871.html

Now we know how many fingers to put up to show the Scousers.

Cainess Oct 27th 2017 4:12 pm

United v Spurs preview.

I'm The Boss: Manchester United vs. Tottenham Hotspur

Former Lancastrian Oct 27th 2017 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Cainess (Post 12369663)

So are you Rodney Mccain and can I claim my five pounds?
Actually a well balanced summary however I don't expect Jose would be taking too many notes from it as he is the boss:lol:

Cainess Oct 27th 2017 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 12369673)
So are you Rodney Mccain and can I claim my five pounds?
Actually a well balanced summary however I don't expect Jose would be taking too many notes from it as he is the boss:lol:

Er, yeah...and what £5??! :blink:

Maste Oct 27th 2017 6:38 pm

Jumping in, albeit a bit late. Watch as many footy games as I can from the US! I follow my local small team, so can never see them play anymore unfortunately.

Former Lancastrian Oct 27th 2017 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by Maste (Post 12369811)
Jumping in, albeit a bit late. Watch as many footy games as I can from the US! I follow my local small team, so can never see them play anymore unfortunately.

So you are a Manchester Utd follower then :rofl: It was the local small team that gave it away.

Maste Oct 27th 2017 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 12369818)
So you are a Manchester Utd follower then :rofl: It was the local small team that gave it away.

Good try! :rofl: Try jumping down about 5 divisions to the Conference North :thumbup:

Former Lancastrian Oct 28th 2017 1:39 pm

This was a game where one chance would win it and Utd took it.
Not a great game but enjoyable to watch and credit to Spurs who played well.
No need to say anything else as only 10 games played.

pommybird Oct 28th 2017 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 12370141)

Fair assessment, we are getting better season on season but now just need to concentrate on holding our nerve and getting the edge in these big games.

Former Lancastrian Oct 28th 2017 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by pommybird (Post 12370173)
but now just need to concentrate on holding our nerve and getting the edge in these big games.

Sounds much nicer than BOTTLING IT :lol:

ededed Oct 28th 2017 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by Maste (Post 12369852)
Good try! :rofl: Try jumping down about 5 divisions to the Conference North :thumbup:

City fan from the 1990s?

JamesM Oct 28th 2017 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 12370141)

Spurs were ok. The defence and midfield were decent enough but the attacking was uninventive.

Alli has been a passenger this season and Poch needs to stop his embarrassing diving and rolling around. I'd go further and drop him from the team for a month as he needs a wake up call. He is in danger of following so many other English youngsters in not hitting his potential because of his petulance.

Son, Eriksson and Sissoko also didn't do enough today.

United were the better side (certainly in the second half) and Spurs never looked like winning the game creating only one decent chance.

Lukaku hit the post before Martial took their second decent chance.

It was a concentration lapse on the goal so perhaps it could be argued as a lost point for Tottenham but United completely stifled the front 4 so are due most of the credit and the points.

The one positive was that it was another assured display from Harry Winks. A poor man's Luca Modric in the making.

I don't want to be too harsh on Spurs as we'd had the decent performances against Madrid and the Pool recently. We really need to go and win at Arsenal now though in a couple of weeks to retain any possibility of chasing down City.

Anyway onto Madrid on Wednesday at Wembley. Hopefully we can recreate the atmosphere shown against Liverpool and give them a scare.

yellowroom Oct 28th 2017 9:09 pm

City are becoming one of those "entertaining" teams this season - we lead the league in number of goals scored, and near the top of number conceded. Solidly lower mid-table overall.

A 19 minute protest of a storm of tennis balls thrown on the pitch was fun, but unfortunately seemed to disturb the team, who had been all over Forest up to that point. We lost 2-3 in the end. The protest achieved the aim of getting national attention, but has also split the fans again, who seem to like arguing amongst ourselves more than protesting about our owners. :(

jam25mack Oct 29th 2017 2:19 pm

Quite enjoyed the United game. Yeah there was only the single goal but for me it was a decent distance from being a snoozefest. Fair do's Dele Alli is a prick tho with massive delusions of gradeur. Petulant is not the word. He spent more time looking at the ref than the ball and he big time shat himself when Lukaku rock up to back up Young.

All in all it was a pretty even affair, although that said I don't think De Gea had much to do the whole game.

Young as MoM for me. Ran his lungs off.

Former Lancastrian Oct 30th 2017 10:32 am

Well well well who would have thunk it Dele Alli is gay.

Actually he isn't but if he was a new player to Football Manager he could be

Now computer footballers can come out as gay | Daily Mail Online

FFS.