British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Locker Room (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/)
-   -   British football thread 2017-2018 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/british-football-thread-2017-2018-a-896758/)

Scamp Oct 16th 2017 5:32 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12361434)
Emiratis - they are much nicer than Saudis

Very true in the general / overview of them and their nations. :thumbup:

(Looks around hoping an Emirati billionaire saw me write this because the new Chinese feller at Saints has a sewn up wallet....)

Originally Posted by ededed (Post 12361746)
Jose. Making United hated, adored, but never ignored.

...he said, desperately hoping to stay relevant.

pommybird Oct 16th 2017 6:45 am

Originally Posted by ededed (Post 12361746)
I agree.

Conte, meanwhile, loses against a team who haven’t scored all season. And no one bats an eye.

I batted an eyelid in post #1558, you huge great numpty.

Garbatellamike Oct 16th 2017 8:49 am

Originally Posted by pommybird (Post 12361877)

Ed do keep up ;-)

Let's not fall out over Maureen as he's applied for the PSG job so won't be with you long so it's not worth getting stressed about :scarper: .

Garbatellamike Oct 16th 2017 9:07 am

A statistic to define Jose Mourinho?

In a table of matches between the current ‘big six’ since Jose Mourinho arrived at Old Trafford, Manchester United have scored just seven times in 11 games. The next lowest scorers are Tottenham, with 14, meaning every other ‘big six’ team has scored double United’s goals or more.

:whistle:

DaveLovesDee Oct 16th 2017 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12361924)
A statistic to define Jose Mourinho?

In a table of matches between the current ‘big six’ since Jose Mourinho arrived at Old Trafford, Manchester United have scored just seven times in 11 games. The next lowest scorers are Tottenham, with 14, meaning every other ‘big six’ team has scored double United’s goals or more.

:whistle:

But how many goals has each team conceded?

Garbatellamike Oct 16th 2017 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12361951)
But how many goals has each team conceded?

well Utd next to none as there has been a bus parked on the goal line. City lots and lots as we have ventured out of our half...

Scamp Oct 16th 2017 1:19 pm

It seems the Mourinho parking the bus stuff is a fantastic deflection for the jilted Liverpool fan.

Point and accuse United because you're too scared to face reality that you've employed a clown, he's getting found out and you should have kept that ****tard Brendan.

A Liverpool side with 4+ decent attacking players who've been playing fluidly for a while now, against Phil Jones.
Matip had the best chance and I believe he's a shit defender.
Liverpool pointing the finger and blaming everyone else, there's a ****ing surprise, whining bunch of helmets.

ededed Oct 16th 2017 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12361856)
...he said, desperately hoping to stay relevant.

After this very post, 6 posts about United, none by United fans. Glorious.

ededed Oct 16th 2017 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by pommybird (Post 12361877)

You’re on ignore since the “knickers in the post” debacle.

Scamp Oct 16th 2017 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by ededed (Post 12362086)
After this very post, 6 posts about United, none by United fans. Glorious.

How many times do you post about Liverpool?

Pot. Kettle. Helmet. :thumbup:

jam25mack Oct 16th 2017 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12362077)
It seems the Mourinho parking the bus stuff is a fantastic deflection for the jilted Liverpool fan.

Point and accuse United because you're too scared to face reality that you've employed a clown, he's getting found out and you should have kept that ****tard Brendan.

A Liverpool side with 4+ decent attacking players who've been playing fluidly for a while now, against Phil Jones.
Matip had the best chance and I believe he's a shit defender.
Liverpool pointing the finger and blaming everyone else, there's a ****ing surprise, whining bunch of helmets.

Totally. It's all the Klopp PR machine. United were pish I agree as a few players were 'out of sorts' but we are also currently very thin in midfield and with Klopp packing the midfield Jose had to nullify the threat otherwise risk getting over run. Unfortunately that lead to a boreall draw. It's not exactly like Klopp went for it either. What was it. like 1 shot on target each. I'm still happy about being unbeaten and +18 or 19 goals. Whereas what are Liverpool on, 1 win in 8 and +1 goals. Anfield isn't any easy place to play, especially for United as it's always Liverpool's cup final, so I'll happily take a point thanks.

Was a highly forgettable match tho, although I'll remember it as I watched it sat next to a certain Mikael Silvestre. Thoroughly nice chap.

Scamp Oct 16th 2017 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 12362116)
Totally. It's all the Klopp PR machine. United were pish I agree as a few players were 'out of sorts' but we are also currently very thin in midfield and with Klopp packing the midfield Jose had to nullify the threat otherwise risk getting over run. Unfortunately that lead to a boreall draw. It's not exactly like Klopp went for it either. What was it. like 1 shot on target each. I'm still happy about being unbeaten and +18 or 19 goals. Whereas what are Liverpool on, 1 win in 8 and +1 goals. Anfield isn't any easy place to play, especially for United as it's always Liverpool's cup final, so I'll happily take a point thanks.

Was a highly forgettable match tho, although I'll remember it as I watched it sat next to a certain Mikael Silvestre. Thoroughly nice chap.

Fans who demand other teams to come to their place and play super attacking football and leave themselves exposed are properly thick. They should be banned, or restricted to just supporting West Ham.

zargof Oct 16th 2017 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12361370)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMLcTbGUQAAFcYR.jpg

It would appear both Liverpool and Everton have managers getting found out.

It's a silly stat because Martinez had a great first season and we finished 5th with a record points total. It was after that that it went tits up. ISTR it was a similar situation with Bodgers at the RS, so showing similar comparisons with Klippity don't tell the story.

Having said that, Everton should be doing much, much better. Koeman just doesn't seem to have a plan and we should be doing much better against teams like Brighton. We simply aren't creating any chances and it's just not good enough.

There was talk last week of Koeman having a month to save his job, and so far he aint doing anything to save it.

Cainess Oct 16th 2017 2:16 pm

Those who know what to look for will see Mourinho's reason (given to the press pigs during his post-match conference on Saturday) for not going 'gung ho' against the Dippers was absolutely sound... (clue: Klippity replaced Mane with Can, who plays in.... yep, penny dropping with a few, maybe.....). Matic & Herrera were the hardest-working players on the park for a very good reason.

0-0 at Anfield? Fine, I'll take it at this stage of the season. Wasn't what we had hoped for, but with injuries striking players who all play in the same position, we have been a bit unfortunate that this game fell directly after an International 'break' (I'm beginning to think they call it a "break" for an altogether different reason than most fans think....)

Garbatellamike Oct 16th 2017 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Cainess (Post 12362140)
Those who know what to look for will see Mourinho's reason (given to the press pigs during his post-match conference on Saturday) for not going 'gung ho' against the Dippers was absolutely sound... (clue: Klippity replaced Mane with Can, who plays in.... yep, penny dropping with a few, maybe.....). Matic & Herrera were the hardest-working players on the park for a very good reason.

0-0 at Anfield? Fine, I'll take it at this stage of the season. Wasn't what we had hoped for, but with injuries striking players who all play in the same position, we have been a bit unfortunate that this game fell directly after an International 'break' (I'm beginning to think they call it a "break" for an altogether different reason than most fans think....)

Yep - you got the result you wanted but I for one think you missed an opportunity. They were there for the taking and you didn't really try - to be Australian about it... You took your foot off his throat.

anyway and much more importantly only 20 points needed to stay up