British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Locker Room (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/)
-   -   British football thread 2017-2018 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/british-football-thread-2017-2018-a-896758/)

Scamp Jun 11th 2017 5:26 am

Re: British football thread 2017-2018

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 12269475)
Levy will push City to 45 million plus.

Enough for us to add a couple of players.

Shrewd business as Walker is all pace and his pace will start to wain now he is approaching the wrong end of his 20's.

If City were smarter they'd be after Kyle Walker-Peters but thankfully they are not.

If I could be bothered I'd go back in the old threads and find all the posts where you pucker up, kneel down and deep-throat Kyle Walker until he spaffs with all his ferocity on your face.
Nobody could say anything apart from how great he was. Woe betide the person who pointed out he wasn't that great. You'd circle back quicker than a dolphin on speed and demand an apology, then more of the Kyle Walker special man-mayo moisturiser.

But then..... Kyle wants to leave you and let some Manc chow down. You feel hurt. You're going to be cheated on but you're not certain yet. You're angry. You've lashed out and accepted 45m is good enough for the messiah you once hailed. He's leaving you but if you can find a few more Trippier and Wimmers you'll be alright? Replace such greatness with a few more Championship full backs and laud Levy as a genius, whilst he's openly cementing your status as a feeder club, lucky to be in the top four having bottled it for two years running.

Football fans. Un-****ing-believable.

ededed Jun 11th 2017 9:40 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12270299)
If I could be bothered I'd go back in the old threads and find all the posts where you pucker up, kneel down and deep-throat Kyle Walker until he spaffs with all his ferocity on your face.
Nobody could say anything apart from how great he was. Woe betide the person who pointed out he wasn't that great. You'd circle back quicker than a dolphin on speed and demand an apology, then more of the Kyle Walker special man-mayo moisturiser.

But then..... Kyle wants to leave you and let some Manc chow down. You feel hurt. You're going to be cheated on but you're not certain yet. You're angry. You've lashed out and accepted 45m is good enough for the messiah you once hailed. He's leaving you but if you can find a few more Trippier and Wimmers you'll be alright? Replace such greatness with a few more Championship full backs and laud Levy as a genius, whilst he's openly cementing your status as a feeder club, lucky to be in the top four having bottled it for two years running.

Sometimes I wish you'd get off the fence.

jam25mack Jun 11th 2017 10:03 am

Ha ha ha! Rant tastic! :rofl::rofl:

In other news, 70M for VVD....... someone has got their hands on some seriously good gear! Quite amused by the whole scally tapping up chat. Surely Klippedy should be fined or whatever after the admission of guilt also.

Garbatellamike Jun 11th 2017 10:09 am

Never mind that - disastrous friendly fire in the Argie-Brazil game - Otamendi, what have you done.........

Scamp Jun 11th 2017 10:18 am

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 12270408)
Ha ha ha! Rant tastic! :rofl::rofl:

In other news, 70M for VVD....... someone has got their hands on some seriously good gear! Quite amused by the whole scally tapping up chat. Surely Klippedy should be fined or whatever after the admission of guilt also.

It's nice to have made those peasants apologise, but frankly, we knew VVD was off in January.

Let's just get as much as we can for him, buy someone to replace, keep Jack Stephens playing and improving and just generally hope we don't totally fall apart this summer.

I do genuinely believe though he is of a similar if not better level than your Luiz / Stones type players. Well, he's light years ahead of the latter and less of a liability than the former. They were both 50m quid right?

Garbatellamike Jun 11th 2017 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12270419)
It's nice to have made those peasants apologise, but frankly, we knew VVD was off in January.

Let's just get as much as we can for him, buy someone to replace, keep Jack Stephens playing and improving and just generally hope we don't totally fall apart this summer.

I do genuinely believe though he is of a similar if not better level than your Luiz / Stones type players. Well, he's light years ahead of the latter and less of a liability than the former. They were both 50m quid right?

no where near 50 mil
Spoiler:
it was only 47.5 :o

pommybird Jun 11th 2017 11:21 am

I think you'll find it was me who rated Kyle Walker (although I don't recall ever 'deep throating him), not James,

Scamp Jun 11th 2017 11:48 am

Originally Posted by pommybird (Post 12270441)
I think you'll find it was me who rated Kyle Walker (although I don't recall ever 'deep throating him), not James,

You two are one and the same when it comes to Spurs.

Garbatellamike Jun 11th 2017 11:56 am

Well done the U20s - World Cup winners :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Managed by a City stalwart in the dark day's of the 1980s

Garbatellamike Jun 11th 2017 2:08 pm

It seems City is redoubling the efforts to sign Sanchez as it appears one of our centre backs may have nearly killed one of our forwards - typical City.

zargof Jun 11th 2017 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12270463)
Well done the U20s - World Cup winners :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Managed by a City stalwart in the dark day's of the 1980s

Yes, good to see the next generation doing so well.

But let's be clear, it was Everton that won it. ;)

ededed Jun 11th 2017 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by zargof (Post 12270594)
Yes, good to see the next generation doing so well.

But let's be clear, it was Everton that won it. ;)

Yup, fair play. Obviously a decent youth set up there. Saves us from investing in one when we can just hoover up yours.

zargof Jun 11th 2017 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by ededed (Post 12270679)
Yup, fair play. Obviously a decent youth set up there. Saves us from investing in one when we can just hoover up yours.

It's sweet how you still think you're a big team.

JamesM Jun 11th 2017 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by pommybird (Post 12270441)

Yes I did regard Kyle Walker as England's best right back last summer and backed his selection over several others.

None the less I don't get sentimental about players and no player is bigger than the club.

Walker can go for the right price and pace reliant players start their decline at his age.

People said we were done when Berbatov left and we improved. Then Bale left and we improved. Both of those had been PFA Players of the year when they left.

I certainly don't think Kyle Walker will rock the boat all that much because Trippier is a good right back and Kyle Walker-Peters has the potential to the best of any right back ever to have played for England. If anything this an opportunity to blood another talented youngster and we don't even need to buy a replacement here.

The "clutch" players at Spurs are Lloris, Alderweireld and Kane because they are the hardest to replace or even cover when injured.

ededed Jun 11th 2017 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by zargof (Post 12270683)
It's sweet how you still think you're a big team.

8th? 9th? I forget.