Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Azerbaijan vs England

Azerbaijan vs England

Old Oct 13th 2004, 2:33 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold
Default Azerbaijan vs England

-------------------
Famous Azerbaijanis
-------------------

Musa Manarov: Became the first man to spend more
than a year in space on the Mir space station.

Gary Kasparov: The former world chess champion
learned his gambits and Sicilian openings growing
up in Azerbaijan.

Freddie Mercury: Mercury was born Faroukh Bulsara
in Zanzibar but his parents were Azerbaijani Zoroastrians.

Anyone got any predictions, apart from Wales will win?

1-2 for me, Kasparov-like tactics will squeeze a goal
out of the defence that's still bedding in.
Old Oct 13th 2004, 7:05 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Azerbaijan vs England

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
-------------------
Famous Azerbaijanis
-------------------

Musa Manarov: Became the first man to spend more
than a year in space on the Mir space station.

Gary Kasparov: The former world chess champion
learned his gambits and Sicilian openings growing
up in Azerbaijan.

Freddie Mercury: Mercury was born Faroukh Bulsara
in Zanzibar but his parents were Azerbaijani Zoroastrians.

Anyone got any predictions, apart from Wales will win?

1-2 for me, Kasparov-like tactics will squeeze a goal
out of the defence that's still bedding in.
Funny, tonight Radio 5 Live commentary on the match isn't jammed
Old Oct 13th 2004, 7:11 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Don
Funny, tonight Radio 5 Live commentary on the match isn't jammed
Shhhhhh! I was going to drag out me microphone out and do a webcast if all else failed
Old Oct 13th 2004, 7:24 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

1:0 better than a kick in the nuts.

Hasn't Owen got a pretty good record as England Capt?
Old Oct 13th 2004, 7:27 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Don

Can't argue with a win.

Owen's a wierd choice as captain though, seems a bit quiet for my liking ... and playing up front, surely not the best position to do some man-management? Gotta be Rio for the future I'd say.
Old Oct 13th 2004, 8:07 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Can't argue with a win.

Owen's a wierd choice as captain though, seems a bit quiet for my liking ... and playing up front, surely not the best position to do some man-management? Gotta be Rio for the future I'd say.
I'd tend to agree with you but I guess politics wouldn't have allowed it this week. Also, as Don said, Owen seems to thrive on the responsibility, as Beckham did at the start.
Old Oct 13th 2004, 8:13 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by wmoore
I'd tend to agree with you but I guess politics wouldn't have allowed it this week. Also, as Don said, Owen seems to thrive on the responsibility, as Beckham did at the start.
As long as we keep winning, who cares ... is that someone on the 'phone line that you are blocking?
Old Oct 13th 2004, 11:45 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Don

a win's a win and another prediction I got wrong, went for 3-0
Old Oct 14th 2004, 11:04 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by walla1
a win's a win and another prediction I got wrong, went for 3-0
Save it for the return match in Cardiff At half time
Old Oct 14th 2004, 2:25 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Save it for the return match in Cardiff At half time
Why? For another wrong prediction

Walla
Old Oct 14th 2004, 2:27 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by walla1
Why? For another wrong prediction

Walla
Good point, nah, I'm sure the "dragon will roar", etc, etc
Old Oct 14th 2004, 2:39 pm
Keeping it fairly real

Good point, nah, I'm sure the "dragon will roar", etc, etc
this is one prediction I will get right, promise, the "dragon will bore"

Walla