Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Avram Grant

Avram Grant

Old May 24th 2008, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light
Default Avram Grant

Can't say I like the bloke as he has more excuses then Fergie but you have to feel sorry for him considering what he has done for Chelsea this year from the state they were in when he took over - this sacking is ridiculous and it will make potential coaches think very hard before taking over in case they get the sack earlier then 8 months!!!!:curse::curse::curse:
Old May 25th 2008, 8:32 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Avram Grant

Originally Posted by JohnoBronco View Post
Can't say I like the bloke as he has more excuses then Fergie but you have to feel sorry for him considering what he has done for Chelsea this year from the state they were in when he took over - this sacking is ridiculous and it will make potential coaches think very hard before taking over in case they get the sack earlier then 8 months!!!!:curse::curse::curse:
Why would it make them think twice, didn't Grant sign a 4 year deal which he will be paid up for, not a bad result for any coach.
Old May 26th 2008, 12:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Pompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fraser View Post
Why would it make them think twice, didn't Grant sign a 4 year deal which he will be paid up for, not a bad result for any coach.
For once Fraser my dear chap I have to agree with you...
Old May 26th 2008, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by fraser View Post
Dont know about you but when I take a job I expect a fair crack at it and would not expect to be sacked for doing a good job
Old May 26th 2008, 3:43 am
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Dont know about you but when I take a job I expect a fair crack at it and would not expect to be sacked for doing a good job
But a football manager is only considered to have done a good job if they win trophies or produce better results than his bosses expect. I'd imagine with the amount of money he's invested, Mr Abromovich was expecting to win at least something this year.
I realise that they came close to 3 trophies and not getting the last one was by no means his fault, but they still won nothing this season.
Harsh, I know, but I guess that's football.
Just ask Sven.
Old May 26th 2008, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Pompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by koogar View Post
But a football manager is only considered to have done a good job if they win trophies or produce better results than his bosses expect. I'd imagine with the amount of money he's invested, Mr Abromovich was expecting to win at least something this year.
I realise that they came close to 3 trophies and not getting the last one was by no means his fault, but they still won nothing this season.
Just ask Sven.
Maybe he was dipping his wick with Abramovich's missus!
Old May 26th 2008, 4:20 am
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pompeyboy View Post
Maybe he was dipping his wick with Abramovich's missus!
Maybe so.
She was probably impressed by his reputation for never coming first
Old May 26th 2008, 4:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by koogar View Post
Just ask Sven.
lets be honest when he took over Chelsea never looked like even competing for the title

Arsenal won nothing but they wont sack Wenger
Old May 26th 2008, 5:08 am
Whatacomplete Member

lets be honest when he took over Chelsea never looked like even competing for the title

They were on the same points as Man United at that time weren't they?
Anyway, like I said, I agree, it is harsh, but after winning the league twice they probably expect to win it every year and nothing else will do. I think he should have been given more time, at least half of next season, to see what he could do with a fresh start now he had settled in, but the Russian chap is very rich and used to getting whatever he wants now now now, so he probably hasn't got the patience.
Old May 26th 2008, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

Location: UK-OZ-UK -OZ HERE I COME AGAIN ! Back in Melbourne !!
McBaine is just really niceMcBaine is just really niceMcBaine is just really niceMcBaine is just really niceMcBaine is just really niceMcBaine is just really niceMcBaine is just really niceMcBaine is just really niceMcBaine is just really nice

I'd say hard done by !

I feel for the poor bugger who steps into his shoes..
Old May 26th 2008, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

PMSL
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Thought Grant's sacking was bad then Mancini of Inter gets the sack after leading them to 3 consecutive league titles WTF
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 11:37 am
eheheheeeeeeeeeer!

gazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond reputegazz has a reputation beyond repute

Thought Grant's sacking was bad then Mancini of Inter gets the sack after leading them to 3 consecutive league titles WTF
just waiting for any excuse to get Mourinho in there it seems.....
hughes to man city then chelsea...ericksson to chelsea then mexico......alladyce to blackburn..........manager merrygoround.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gazz View Post
just waiting for any excuse to get Mourinho in there it seems.....
hughes to man city then chelsea...ericksson to chelsea then mexico......alladyce to blackburn..........manager merrygoround.
You must bhe psychic, Mourinho just got the job..
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 2:31 pm
Whatacomplete Member

You've got to hand it to jose.
He knew how to keep his players happy.
Attached Thumbnails Avram Grant-jose.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.