The Ashes

Old Jul 22nd 2005, 6:37 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Ashes

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I can only assume that I am the other "traitor" referred to.... I've posted my support for the Aussie cricket team on several previous occasions, and never made any secret of it. As for only popping up when the wickets started falling - I was offline most of the evening, only getting online at the point the Aussies started bowling. Prior to that I was listening on the radio, but couldn't work out how to start a thread on ABC Brisbane...........
I thought it was a thoroughly good night's cricket actually, whoever you supported, there was plenty of action.

P S Who are Chelsea?
As charged, come on now guys you can't expect to come on a forum for Brits being british slag off the national team say you couldn't care less if the country sinks and not expect to take stick, traitor is what you are
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 8:12 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

I can only assume that I am the other "traitor" referred to.... I've posted my support for the Aussie cricket team on several previous occasions, and never made any secret of it. As for only popping up when the wickets started falling - I was offline most of the evening, only getting online at the point the Aussies started bowling. Prior to that I was listening on the radio, but couldn't work out how to start a thread on ABC Brisbane...........
I thought it was a thoroughly good night's cricket actually, whoever you supported, there was plenty of action.

P S Who are Chelsea?
chelsea are the new dominant force in soccer over here.
hence their fanbase has increased 300 percent
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 8:19 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wengerboy
chelsea are the new dominant force in soccer over here.
hence their fanbase has increased 300 percent
They make me laugh mate they come on to a British forum, they're British they slag of our cricket team and then post angry faces when people pull their leg about it
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 8:32 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

getting back to topic!! i suggested to my oz friend working here that while we are capable of bowling australia out twice inside 5 days i doubt very much that we`ll be able to score enough runs mcgraths` display was typical mcgrath line and length !you would have thought the left hander`s would know what to do by now
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 8:35 am

getting back to topic!! i suggested to my oz friend working here that while we are capable of bowling australia out twice inside 5 days i doubt very much that we`ll be able to score enough runs mcgraths` display was typical mcgrath line and length !you would have thought the left hander`s would know what to do by now
We've dug ourselves out of a few holes in the last year with the tail wagging well let's see if we can do it again against these if we can we really have arrived, although I doubt it
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 8:37 am
Up The Arse!!

Originally Posted by fraser
We've dug ourselves out of a few holes in the last year with the tail wagging well let's see if we can do it again against these if we can we really have arrived, although I doubt it
took today off to watch hope our saffa(i mean pom)can get us up to 150 160
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 8:40 am

took today off to watch hope our saffa(i mean pom)can get us up to 150 160
Hoggard can dig in and has done in the past, I believe that'll be the key.
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 10:30 am
Alone again, naturally

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

They make me laugh mate they come on to a British forum, they're British they slag of our cricket team and then post angry faces when people pull their leg about it
erm, get your facts right. I have not slagged off the team, in fact I said it was a good nights cricket all round. I didn't post any angry faces, I thought this was just friendly banter, similar to the exchange I was having by email with my mates in the UK.
Congrats Fraser, you probably just picked the wrong day to do that post, but you may well have driven me off the forum. I was looking forward to the same patter tonight, and all in fun, but obviously I have said something slagging off the English.
I'm quitting anyway, but if you could point out the offending phrase I'll gladly apologise before I go.
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 10:34 am

erm, get your facts right. I have not slagged off the team, in fact I said it was a good nights cricket all round. I didn't post any angry faces, I thought this was just friendly banter, similar to the exchange I was having by email with my mates in the UK.
Congrats Fraser, you probably just picked the wrong day to do that post, but you may well have driven me off the forum. I was looking forward to the same patter tonight, and all in fun, but obviously I have said something slagging off the English.
I'm quitting anyway, but if you could point out the offending phrase I'll gladly apologise before I go.
I wasn't talking about you Polly but about FB's comment about he couldn't care less if England sunk into the north sea, which I found a bit insensitive as we were being bombed again in London.

Anyway as strange as I found it, my traitor comments were only banter and I hope you wont feel the need to desist from future treacherous comments on my account
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 10:40 am
Alone again, naturally

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you should've said 'he' not 'they' in that case.

I grew up aware of a constant threat from the IRA and other such organisations. I am currnetly watching Sky News, and my heart froze last night when listening to the cricket and hearing the ABC break in with news of the latest explosions. Whoever I support, I have British roots, and I could never abandon them (apart from on the cricket pitch).
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 10:44 am

Maybe you should've said 'he' not 'they' in that case.

I grew up aware of a constant threat from the IRA and other such organisations. I am currnetly watching Sky News, and my heart froze last night when listening to the cricket and hearing the ABC break in with news of the latest explosions. Whoever I support, I have British roots, and I could never abandon them (apart from on the cricket pitch).
Get over it Polly I called you a traitor for supporting the Aussies against us, I stand by that. I was referring to you gloating about your own countryman losing
wickets and FB is worse as he's only been there five minutes at least you're married to a native so have a very small excuse.

Bloody convicts
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 11:37 am
Up The Arse!!

FWIW i`m only here for the banter
plenty of that with jones and harmy twatting warne and mcgrath about!! great fun

Last edited by wengerboy; Jul 22nd 2005 at 11:38 am. Reason: exclamation mark
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 12:34 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Dont worry lads - There is a few England Players (Strauss, Bell, Flintoff, Pieterson, G Jones) who are making their Ashes debut and were bound to be nervous in their 1st Innings - They will get stronger as the series goes on and will get the runs!!!!
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 2:03 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to behold

Get over it Polly I called you a traitor for supporting the Aussies against us, I stand by that. I was referring to you gloating about your own countryman losing
wickets and FB is worse as he's only been there five minutes at least you're married to a native so have a very small excuse.

Bloody convicts

Some have got the Aussie "chip on the shoulder" down to a tee!

Don't think this 1st test is going to last the 5 days somehow.. The groundsmen at Lords seem to have been doing some dubious work with preparing the wicket.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 2:06 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NJJ
Some have got the Aussie "chip on the shoulder" down to a tee!

Don't think this 1st test is going to last the 5 days somehow.. The groundsmen at Lords seem to have been doing some dubious work with preparing the wicket.

this test will be over today after our traditional top order collapse.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.