The Ashes

Old Aug 27th 2005, 2:49 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Ashes

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
So what happens if close comes and they haven't bowled 90 overs? They have to finish the next day anyway?

I hate this too.
they can be carried over to the next day, weather permitting of course.

hey, have you heard of the Fremantle Doctor?
Old Aug 27th 2005, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

John has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond reputeJohn has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Lion in Winter]So what happens if close comes and they haven't bowled 90 overs? They have to finish the next day anyway?

OK, deep breath In Test match cricket, the weather is generally the deciding factor in how many overs are played during any given day. For instance, if the weather is fine all day from the morning session to the closing overs (and enough overs have been played) then play will finish at around 6:30pm. This time has already been decided on before the match starts. If however, play is interrupted during the day, then half an hour will usually be added on to make up for lost time until the umpire calls it a day (because of bad light). That's how I understand it to be anyhow, though I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong... wooo 129-2
Old Aug 27th 2005, 2:50 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walla1

hey, have you heard of the Fremantle Doctor?
No, is that a fielding position?
Old Aug 27th 2005, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Play will end today at 6-30pm or the completion of 42 overs as I type.
Old Aug 27th 2005, 2:53 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=JAllen]
So what happens if close comes and they haven't bowled 90 overs? They have to finish the next day anyway?

OK, deep breath In Test match cricket, the weather is generally the deciding factor in how many overs are played during any given day. For instance, if the weather is fine all day from the morning session to the closing overs (and enough overs have been played) then play will finish at around 6:30pm. This time has already been decided on before the match starts. If however, play is interrupted during the day, then half an hour will usually be added on to make up for lost time until the umpire calls it a day (because of bad light). That's how I understand it to be anyhow, though I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong... wooo 129-2

OK, I can live with that.

Then there's the whole business of whether a team has won by runs or wickets?
Old Aug 27th 2005, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by tony126
Play will end today at 6-30pm or the completion of 42 overs as I type.
Eh? Why 42
Old Aug 27th 2005, 2:56 pm
Brit'n'TX

Eh? Why 42
because, as you should know, 42 is the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything ...

Old Aug 27th 2005, 2:58 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

No, is that a fielding position?
no the Doctor is a wind that sweeps from the Indian Ocean in Perth about 3pm every summer day, it cools people down, and cricketers ,and helps the bowlers at the WACA.
Old Aug 27th 2005, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Now that is a googlie, could have got my middle stump but I think it comes under the 90 over/day rule.
Old Aug 27th 2005, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by tony126
Now that is a googlie, could have got my middle stump but I think it comes under the 90 over/day rule.
Old Aug 27th 2005, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Brit'n'TX
because, as you should know, 42 is the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything ...

I'm going back to football. Kick a ball around, score goals.
Old Aug 27th 2005, 3:09 pm
Brit'n'TX

I'm going back to football. Kick a ball around, score goals.
but did you ever understand the offside rule?

Old Aug 27th 2005, 3:12 pm

but did you ever understand the offside rule?
I never even tried. It's all this trying to get to the bottom of stuff that leads to trouble. Sit on the sidelines, drink beer, and yell insults - that's enough really.
Old Aug 27th 2005, 3:17 pm
Brit'n'TX

I never even tried. It's all this trying to get to the bottom of stuff that leads to trouble. Sit on the sidelines, drink beer, and yell insults - that's enough really.
are you from anywhere near millwall?

Old Aug 27th 2005, 3:20 pm

are you from anywhere near millwall?
No I learned it at the young ladies school I was sent to for three years.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.