Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Arsenal v Celtic

Arsenal v Celtic

Old Sep 6th 2009, 3:32 am
Jigsaw

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arsenal v Celtic

Originally Posted by petensue View Post
It is funny but on another forum they are saying that because Rooney did not dive it is not cheating!I would have thought to sit on your fat ar*e in the penalty area with your arms raised in the air claiming a penalty was but there you go!

Rooney and Gerrald had a good laugh after the penalty was awarded.I am sure they would do the same if it was the other way aroundSue
It looked to me that as soon as Rooney realised he wasn't going to get the ball, he looked to see where the defender was and deliberately aimed for the defender's leg. Rooney should have had the yellow card if it happened the way I see it, and a free-kick given to Slovenia.
Old Sep 6th 2009, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaptainHook View Post
It looked to me that as soon as Rooney realised he wasn't going to get the ball, he looked to see where the defender was and deliberately aimed for the defender's leg. Rooney should have had the yellow card if it happened the way I see it, and a free-kick given to Slovenia.
I agree that it was a free kick to Slovenia and Rooney should have had a yellow card.It will be interesting to see what the papers make of this though I don't know if their campaign covers cheating as it seems only diving is what they are interested in?Sue.
Old Sep 6th 2009, 4:59 am
Jigsaw

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petensue View Post
I agree that it was a free kick to Slovenia and Rooney should have had a yellow card.It will be interesting to see what the papers make of this though I don't know if their campaign covers cheating as it seems only diving is what they are interested in?Sue.
The FIFA ruling on Eduardo said 'intent to deceive the referee'. I'd suggest that would cover any form of cheating in football. Apparently though, FIFA are only going to act if one of the teams involved makes an official complaint, and we all know England won't.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 7:39 pm
Jigsaw

Eduardo's ban has been overturned on appeal. Apparently the referee insists he still thinks it was a penalty.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Eduardo's ban has been overturned on appeal. Apparently the referee insists he still thinks it was a penalty.
And the referees name is Mr McGoo ffs.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 4:23 am
Jigsaw

Originally Posted by framac67 View Post
And the referees name is Mr McGoo ffs.
Rearrange the following.

rose roles
Old Sep 15th 2009, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Rearrange the following.

rose roles
Rearrange the following/

ETACIHGN SADBTAR.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

hopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond repute

So by that you mean we ban every player who has dived to con the ref.

Refs are human and get it wrong so stop your paranoia and calling them cheats. So like a big boy, take your punishment and accept he got off lightly.
Come on Framac, you have stated yourself refs are human and get it wrong, that to me reads Refs make mistakes and we have to live with that. Well the ref still maintains what he saw was a penalty, he may be right, he may be wrong. But if we are saying that we have to live with the refs decision then Eduardo's ban being overturned is the right decision, or am I missing something?
Old Sep 16th 2009, 1:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hopeful_Mark View Post
Come on Framac, you have stated yourself refs are human and get it wrong, that to me reads Refs make mistakes and we have to live with that. Well the ref still maintains what he saw was a penalty, he may be right, he may be wrong. But if we are saying that we have to live with the refs decision then Eduardo's ban being overturned is the right decision, or am I missing something?
That I dont have a problem with but to say he didnt dive is just taking the piss. The ref got it wrong and probably knows it but he made his decision and has to back it up. What I'm saying is, acknowledge he dived and cheated the ref and got away with it. End of.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 2:01 am
Jigsaw

That I dont have a problem with but to say he didnt dive is just taking the piss. The ref got it wrong and probably knows it but he made his decision and has to back it up. What I'm saying is, acknowledge he dived and cheated the ref and got away with it. End of.
The ref still insists he din't make a mistakeand the appeal didn't find any guilt on Eduardo's part. How should we acknowledge Eduardo dived and cheated the ref when there was no dive and no cheating according to the powers-that-be?

It's the same in a court of law. If the court finds someone not guilty, no matter how much we believe they are guilty, they haven't been convicted of that crime.

Good luck against Tel Aviv on Thursday.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

The ref still insists he din't make a mistakeand the appeal didn't find any guilt on Eduardo's part. How should we acknowledge Eduardo dived and cheated the ref when there was no dive and no cheating according to the powers-that-be?

It's the same in a court of law. If the court finds someone not guilty, no matter how much we believe they are guilty, they haven't been convicted of that crime.

Good luck against Tel Aviv on Thursday.
If we play like we did against Dinamo Moscow, hopefully they shouldn't be too hard. Cheers mate.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 5:43 am
Jigsaw

If we play like we did against Dinamo Moscow, hopefully they shouldn't be too hard. Cheers mate.
You're welcome.