Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Arsenal v Celtic

Arsenal v Celtic

Old Sep 2nd 2009, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arsenal v Celtic

Originally Posted by hopeful_Mark View Post
I have a huge problem with this ban, if Eduardo was cautioned during the match he would have got a yellow card, not a straight red, therefore no ban. UEFA have always stated they will not use video evidence to look at specific incidents, the referee still claims the penalty decision was right.
By opening up the flood gates I mean every manager of every team will drag every incident to UEFA.
I remember Fletcher being wrongly sent off at the Emirates last year in the semi final, he missed the final because of this, video evidence would have shown a bad referee decision.
I see what you mean.Though things that get missed by the ref always get a harsher punishment after the event.Though as you say the ref is still saying it is a penalty then it was not a dive according to him!

Maybe it will be worth making a fuss as you can get your rivals banned.Sue
Old Sep 4th 2009, 12:10 am
Open the pod bay doors...

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Where are FIFA and everyone else who criticised Eduardo for diving, now it's been alleged that Rooney dived to win his penalty against us last weekend?
Old Sep 4th 2009, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaptainHook View Post
Where are FIFA and everyone else who criticised Eduardo for diving, now it's been alleged that Rooney dived to win his penalty against us last weekend?
Lifes not fair and everybodys out to get us.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 11:35 pm

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac67 View Post
Lifes not fair and everybodys out to get us.
BS. It's about treating everyone who tries to con a referee with equality.

I guess the difference is because Rooney plays for Man Utd, as Cristiano Ronaldo never got the treatment Eduardo did. Or is it because Rooney is England's golden boy?
Old Sep 4th 2009, 11:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

BS. It's about treating everyone who tries to con a referee with equality.

I guess the difference is because Rooney plays for Man Utd, as Cristiano Ronaldo never got the treatment Eduardo did. Or is it because Rooney is England's golden boy?
So by that you mean we ban every player who has dived to con the ref.

Refs are human and get it wrong so stop your paranoia and calling them cheats. So like a big boy, take your punishment and accept he got off lightly.
Old Sep 5th 2009, 12:14 am

So by that you mean we ban every player who has dived to con the ref.
If that's what it takes to get rid of diving in football. Yes. Otherwise you're punishing one player for doing what many players do.

Refs are human and get it wrong so stop your paranoia and calling them cheats. So like a big boy, take your punishment and accept he got off lightly.
I didn't call the referee a cheat, and yes they are human. It's hilarious how the only times in recent history FIFA have done anything is after incidents involving Celtic or the Scottish national squad.

I fully accept a two-match ban for what happened, as long as it's also applied equally to other players when they're found to have conned the referee too.
Old Sep 5th 2009, 12:43 am
BE Forum Addict

If that's what it takes to get rid of diving in football. Yes. Otherwise you're punishing one player for doing what many players do.

I didn't call the referee a cheat, and yes they are human. It's hilarious how the only times in recent history FIFA have done anything is after incidents involving Celtic or the Scottish national squad.

I fully accept a two-match ban for what happened, as long as it's also applied equally to other players when they're found to have conned the referee too.
Ban them all and its not just Celtic and Scotland. Thats your paranoia again.
Old Sep 5th 2009, 1:00 am

Ban them all and its not just Celtic and Scotland. Thats your paranoia again.
Eduardo was banned for two matches for 'intent to decieve the referee' Any other player proven to do the same in the future should be given the same punishment as well. How is that paranoia?

I look forward to Cristiano Ronaldo missing at least a third of Real Madrid's season
Old Sep 5th 2009, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Eduardo was banned for two matches for 'intent to decieve the referee' Any other player proven to do the same in the future should be given the same punishment as well. How is that paranoia?

I look forward to Cristiano Ronaldo missing at least a third of Real Madrid's season
In Glasgow, you have the masonic and orange orders riddled through society and on a couple of occasions it has been shown that there was instances of bias towards one half of the old firm so we've got good reason to be paranoid.
Old Sep 5th 2009, 3:37 am

In Glasgow, you have the masonic and orange orders riddled through society and on a couple of occasions it has been shown that there was instances of bias towards one half of the old firm so we've got good reason to be paranoid.
Fair enough. Would you agree or disagree that if a Celtic player were to have done what Eduardo did, that he'd deserve a two-match ban as well?

I seem to recall Nakamura falling down a lot when he was there, and his name is even in the Urban Dictionary.
Old Sep 5th 2009, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Fair enough. Would you agree or disagree that if a Celtic player were to have done what Eduardo did, that he'd deserve a two-match ban as well?

I seem to recall Nakamura falling down a lot when he was there, and his name is even in the Urban Dictionary.

Totally I distinctly remember many calling for a Celtic player to be sold because he went to ground easily. I'll get back to you on that one. Theres been a hell of a lot worse than Naka at simulating
Old Sep 5th 2009, 5:41 am

Totally I distinctly remember many calling for a Celtic player to be sold because he went to ground easily. I'll get back to you on that one. Theres been a hell of a lot worse than Naka at simulating
I'm not going to call for Eduardo to go, I think the Celtic incident is the only time I know that he has done this. Eboue on the other hand used to do it regularly, and I wouldn't be sorry to see him gone.
Old Sep 5th 2009, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm not going to call for Eduardo to go, I think the Celtic incident is the only time I know that he has done this. Eboue on the other hand used to do it regularly, and I wouldn't be sorry to see him gone.
Used to watch the Arsenal when ah lived at Highbury corner in the days of Merson and Parlour. Mates were all diehards but I went coz it was local and a game of football. Once your a Celtic man, then everything else is quite shite.

Used to have Frank McGarvey who fell over a blade of grass but that was to do with his running style as opposed to diving.
Old Sep 5th 2009, 8:46 pm

Today's 'intent to decieve the referee' instalment of The Rooney Show from today's England match.

Old Sep 6th 2009, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

It is funny but on another forum they are saying that because Rooney did not dive it is not cheating!I would have thought to sit on your fat ar*e in the penalty area with your arms raised in the air claiming a penalty was but there you go!

Rooney and Gerrald had a good laugh after the penalty was awarded.I am sure they would do the same if it was the other way aroundSue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.