Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Arsenal v Celtic

Arsenal v Celtic

Old Aug 19th 2009, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arsenal v Celtic

Originally Posted by CaptainHook View Post
I have more confidence in our defence now that Toure's gone. I'm reasonably impressed with pre-season and the last two games. I still think we need to replace Sylvestre and find someone other than Diaby to fill the Gilberto Silva / Flamini DM position.
I do agree about the defence though with one or two injuries we would struggle.Diaby is a big disappointment but there does not seem to be any players linked with us.Maybe Arsene will surprise us with a couple of good signings.Sue.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

hopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petensue View Post
I do agree about the defence though with one or two injuries we would struggle.Diaby is a big disappointment but there does not seem to be any players linked with us.Maybe Arsene will surprise us with a couple of good signings.Sue.
What signings do we need? We have cover at CB with Senderos, silvestre and Song if need be, Djourou is only out for a few weeks, I don't see any available defenders that will do any better than what we have. Diaby is not a defensive Midfielder, we have Song and Denilson to do that job. Going forward we look incredibly strong. We have yet to see Eduardo and Rosicky start. I honestly don't think we need to sign anyone. The future is bright, the future is Arsenal.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hopeful_Mark View Post
What signings do we need? We have cover at CB with Senderos, silvestre and Song if need be, Djourou is only out for a few weeks, I don't see any available defenders that will do any better than what we have. Diaby is not a defensive Midfielder, we have Song and Denilson to do that job. Going forward we look incredibly strong. We have yet to see Eduardo and Rosicky start. I honestly don't think we need to sign anyone. The future is bright, the future is Arsenal.
For me that is the problem Senderos,Silvestre and Song!I am really looking forward to seeing more of Eduardo this year.I have my doubts about Rosicky playing much,really hope I am wrong but he managed a couple of pre season games before getting injured again!Sue.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 4:26 pm
Jigsaw

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petensue View Post
For me that is the problem Senderos,Silvestre and Song!I am really looking forward to seeing more of Eduardo this year.I have my doubts about Rosicky playing much,really hope I am wrong but he managed a couple of pre season games before getting injured again!Sue.
I don't have any major issues with Senderos but don't see Sylvestre and Song as good enough to sit on Arsenal's bench. Diaby isn't good enough to be a first choice DM and Denilson is more of a CM in my opinion.

I'd be looking at a regular 4-1-3-2 line-up, consisting of the following;

Almunia
Sagna - Gallas - Vermaelen - Clichy
------------ DM
-- Nasri - Fabregas - Arshavin
----- Walcott - Eduardo

Subs (1st/2nd choice). Djourou/ Senderos, Gibbs/Eboue, Ramsey/Wilshere, Bendtner/Vela

The above can easily be changed to suit the game to either a 4-4-2, 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 system just by changing a player or two.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

hopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaptainHook View Post
I don't have any major issues with Senderos but don't see Sylvestre and Song as good enough to sit on Arsenal's bench. Diaby isn't good enough to be a first choice DM and Denilson is more of a CM in my opinion.

I'd be looking at a regular 4-1-3-2 line-up, consisting of the following;

Almunia
Sagna - Gallas - Vermaelen - Clichy
------------ DM
-- Nasri - Fabregas - Arshavin
----- Walcott - Eduardo

Subs (1st/2nd choice). Djourou/ Senderos, Gibbs/Eboue, Ramsey/Wilshere, Bendtner/Vela

The above can easily be changed to suit the game to either a 4-4-2, 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 system just by changing a player or two.
Agreed with Almunia, Sagna, Vermaelen. I really don't see the point of building a partnership around Gallas, he is in his last year of his contract and I would think he will be heading to pastures new next season. Once Djourou is fit I hope he will be first choice along with Vermaelen. Not sure why you don't think Song is fit to sit on the bench, he has been one of our better players over the last season, you must watch a different team to me, so for me Song is more than good enough to sit in as a defensive midfielder. As I said in my earlier post Diaby is not a defensive midfielder, I do agree with you that Denilson is a central mid, but we have one of the best ones of those in the world in Fabregas, Denilson will have to settle for a role as defensive mid. Nice attacking 5 but who is going to win the ball? And I see you have chosen to ignore Van Persie, strange i would put him top of the list when he is fit with Bendtner a close second. All in all it has to be said, its a good job Wenger picks the team because it is so rare that 2 Arsenal fans would pick the same starting 11.

Sue, Rosick has a tweaked hamstring, according to Wenger it is to be expected after such a long layoff. Eduardo is fit for selection for Saturdays game, I doubt he will start though I think he will be eased in with a few sub appearances first.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 6:22 pm
Jigsaw

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed with Almunia, Sagna, Vermaelen. I really don't see the point of building a partnership around Gallas, he is in his last year of his contract and I would think he will be heading to pastures new next season. Once Djourou is fit I hope he will be first choice along with Vermaelen. Not sure why you don't think Song is fit to sit on the bench, he has been one of our better players over the last season, you must watch a different team to me, so for me Song is more than good enough to sit in as a defensive midfielder. As I said in my earlier post Diaby is not a defensive midfielder, I do agree with you that Denilson is a central mid, but we have one of the best ones of those in the world in Fabregas, Denilson will have to settle for a role as defensive mid. Nice attacking 5 but who is going to win the ball? And I see you have chosen to ignore Van Persie, strange i would put him top of the list when he is fit with Bendtner a close second. All in all it has to be said, its a good job Wenger picks the team because it is so rare that 2 Arsenal fans would pick the same starting 11.

Sue, Rosick has a tweaked hamstring, according to Wenger it is to be expected after such a long layoff. Eduardo is fit for selection for Saturdays game, I doubt he will start though I think he will be eased in with a few sub appearances first.
Oh damn. Why do I keep getting Diaby and Song mixed up? I like Van Persie, but I'd like to see him have a season free of major injuries this year or sell him next year. We need players who can stay fit.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

There were a lot of rumours going around last season that Rosicky had more of a problem than was let on,something to do with drugs I think?I was pleased to see him back for pre season which seemed to put an end to those rumours.I am glad it is something minor.

I just wish Song would keep the ball not loose it half the time.Like your team Captain Hook apart from not having Van Persie around.Lets hope Van Persie and the rest of the team can keep injury free.

Looking forward to seeing more of Jack Wilshere and Carlos Vela.Sue,
Old Aug 26th 2009, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=LoneRanger;7855997]Gharry 'The Khaiser' Caldwell maintaining his euro scoring record and another year goes by without an away win in the CL! PS. Qualifiers dinny coont or so the Cellikminded tell you when it suits them!

Never mind ye can always beat 'The Sheep' [/QUOTE

FBK Kaunas!
Bit early to be laughing
Old Aug 27th 2009, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Eduardo takes a dive and if ref spots it, hes off which would have made it an interesting scenario. Overall, the better team won over two legs and we can only look forward to the day when its an even playing field financially and we whip yer arses again.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 8:02 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac67 View Post
Eduardo takes a dive and if ref spots it, hes off which would have made it an interesting scenario. Overall, the better team won over two legs and we can only look forward to the day when its an even playing field financially and we whip yer arses again.
Yeah because arsenal have spent loads
Old Aug 27th 2009, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by fraser View Post
Yeah because arsenal have spent loads
Tell me about it

EduardoThough the Gooners were the better side.Sue.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 8:28 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Alas...next time !
Old Aug 27th 2009, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

A definite dive from Eduardo, shame but to be fair I think the result would have been the same. I have to say the Celtic fans were awesome, I sit at the opposite end of the ground from the away fans and they certainly did their team proud, singing and jumping around for the whole game, hats off to them for that. Lets see what we get in the draw later today, some big teams in the second pot we could be grouped with, including Real Madrid, Inter and Juve. But I don't think we need to fear anyone.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 9:17 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

A definite dive from Eduardo, shame but to be fair I think the result would have been the same. I have to say the Celtic fans were awesome, I sit at the opposite end of the ground from the away fans and they certainly did their team proud, singing and jumping around for the whole game, hats off to them for that. Lets see what we get in the draw later today, some big teams in the second pot we could be grouped with, including Real Madrid, Inter and Juve. But I don't think we need to fear anyone.
Aren't most away fans awesome compared to the home crowd at the library.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 9:46 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.