Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Arsenal giving others a chance

Arsenal giving others a chance

Old Aug 22nd 2004, 7:59 pm
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough
Default Arsenal giving others a chance

Obviously beating everyone is becoming a little tedious these days so Arsenal gave Middlesborough a 3-1 advantage in the 2nd half just to make it a bit more of a test. Only managed to make it 5-3 though.

Perhaps there should be a little trophy for 2nd place.........

I love being a smug Gooner.

Old Aug 22nd 2004, 8:41 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Arsenal giving others a chance

Arse team spirit looked good, too. Worth taking psychology into consideration?

Reyes still a goal-nicker a la Lineker.

Entertaining match today, but conversely that Portuguese muchacho at Chelsea looks like he's going for the 'boring' epithet?
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 9:53 pm
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kentish Man
Perhaps there should be a little trophy for 2nd place.........
Yes, it would look delightful in the Arsenal locker room.

Don't forget Chelsea are the only other unbeaten team so far this season.
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 10:05 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tinaflorida
You mean 'the only other team to win both games' surely?

It was good to watch today (and I nearly banged my head on the ceiling when we went 3-1 up) but yes they strolled it in the end. Difficult to see past them again this year, despite Chelski's spending. I honestly can't see Man U being champs at the end of the season either.
I only hope that our goalscoring today (admit it: all three were real crackers) will outshine our woeful defending over the course of the season.
I'd like to see Arsenal take the record (now they've got past us ) because they deserve it. Unquestionably they are the best team in England and I think better than recent Man U teams, better than 80's Liverpool...
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 11:12 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tinaflorida
Yes, it would look delightful in the Arsenal locker room.

Chelsea 2 games unbeaten

Arsenal 43 games unbeaten
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 1:08 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=wmoore]
I only hope that our goalscoring today (admit it: all three were real crackers) will outshine our woeful defending over the course of the season.
[QUOTE]

I know what you mean, I get a cold shiver up my spine when Gary Neville's playing, then they announce a sub and it's Phil Neville!

When are they going to learn THEY'RE USELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!