Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Arctic swim

Arctic swim

Old Mar 6th 2020, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Arctic swim

Anyone else here doing the Arctic swim in July? I tried to get an entry for the Sweden-Finland Arctic swim but it was 'sold out' in the first two or three minutes it was put on line. I did manage to get an entry for the Swedish Arctic event, which is held at more or less the same time. It involves swimming across the Arctic circle from Sweden, across the Arctic line and back to Sweden. Just a couple of kilometres and not as cold as it sounds, so they say!!!

The travel arrangements are a bit of a nightmare but fortunately my wife is a Finn and so knows the area, well some of it anyway though she did say she has never been to Lapland in her life!!! I shall take the opportunity to look up Joulupukki as well. (That's the big fat man in a red suit who brings you your presents at Christmas!!)
Old Mar 7th 2020, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Arctic swim

Originally Posted by KJMW View Post
Anyone else here doing the Arctic swim in July? I tried to get an entry for the Sweden-Finland Arctic swim but it was 'sold out' in the first two or three minutes it was put on line. I did manage to get an entry for the Swedish Arctic event, which is held at more or less the same time. It involves swimming across the Arctic circle from Sweden, across the Arctic line and back to Sweden. Just a couple of kilometres and not as cold as it sounds, so they say!!!

The travel arrangements are a bit of a nightmare but fortunately my wife is a Finn and so knows the area, well some of it anyway though she did say she has never been to Lapland in her life!!! I shall take the opportunity to look up Joulupukki as well. (That's the big fat man in a red suit who brings you your presents at Christmas!!)
No i will not the swimming pool is more than adequate thanks You go for it mate ,well impressed looking at the pool now