Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

Any AHL Hockey Fans?

Any AHL Hockey Fans?

Old Oct 17th 2004, 2:41 pm
Old-Fart

Bangers&Mash is on a distinguished road
Default Any AHL Hockey Fans?

Season Started, No NHL but lots of good hockey in Hartford.
Old Oct 18th 2004, 5:32 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any AHL Hockey Fans?

Originally Posted by Bangers&Mash
Season Started, No NHL but lots of good hockey in Hartford.
I watch Muskegon Fury in the UHL.

I have no sympathy for the NHL players of League. Both a big bunch of primadonna twats.
Old Oct 19th 2004, 4:58 am
Old-Fart

Originally Posted by Manc
I watch Muskegon Fury in the UHL.

I have no sympathy for the NHL players of League. Both a big bunch of primadonna twats.
I agree Manc. Both the owners and players are to blame.

Didn't Muskegon get Mike Busnik from Hartford as a caoch a couple of seasons back?
Old Oct 19th 2004, 1:52 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bangers&Mash
I agree Manc. Both the owners and players are to blame.

Didn't Muskegon get Mike Busnik from Hartford as a caoch a couple of seasons back?
no idea!
not followed them that long. I started watching them that year, and the won the UHL.

glory hunter regards
Old Oct 27th 2004, 12:19 pm
Deep in the red C.

Iginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond repute

Watching the Calgary Hitmen here in the WHL and keeping a particular eye on Dion Phaneuf (remember the name) of Red Deer Rebels.

Agreed about the NHLPA. Wish they would wise up.

Maybe you boys can keep me updated on how the Flames prospects in Lowell Lock are getting on.

I see Matt Lombardi on their roster but no word of him having recovered from concussion from the elbow by Hatcher in the Detroit series and Kobashew is there as well.

Not to mention Robin Regehr's younger brother Richie plays there as well.

Last edited by Iginla; Oct 27th 2004 at 12:23 pm.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 12:30 pm
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Iginla]QUOTE]

Hey, are you Jerome??!

I've been a Detroit Redwings fan since about 1990 when I first started following the North American ice hockey. I did see a Las Vegas Thunder (IHL) game when I was in the US about 7 years ago but I think they no longer have a team. I sort of have a soft spot for the Peterborough Petes (Ontario League I think) but that's only becuase it's Steve Y';s old team.!
Old Oct 27th 2004, 12:35 pm
Deep in the red C.

Iginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, I'm jArome!

How's Stevie Y's eye? Don't take this the wrong way but it was a blessing in disguise for Calgary when he got hit in the face.

It was one of those injuries that you never want to see but if you're a fan of the opposite team in a series you suddenly realise that "shit, this could be a stroke of very good fortune".

Your username suggests New Jersey though?
Old Oct 28th 2004, 2:59 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Iginla
Nope, I'm jArome!

How's Stevie Y's eye? Don't take this the wrong way but it was a blessing in disguise for Calgary when he got hit in the face.

It was one of those injuries that you never want to see but if you're a fan of the opposite team in a series you suddenly realise that "shit, this could be a stroke of very good fortune".

Your username suggests New Jersey though?
I've been a bit slack at following the NHL since I moved to oz a couple of years ago so I'm not as much of an avid fan as i used to be, but I hear the NHL is locked out again at the mo. anyway..

My username is my initials, nothing to do with NJ Devils!!

Nick
Old Oct 28th 2004, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to all

[QUOTE=Iginla]Watching the Calgary Hitmen here in the WHL QUOTE]

Was out in Calgary in Oct and only get to see a few games on the box really wanted to see a live game
also out in Toronto during the Stanley cup BTW I'm a NHL Flames fan those poor leaf fans
Old Oct 28th 2004, 11:22 am
Deep in the red C.

Yep, it's funny here how the Leafs are despised although for me its the Nucks.

I was lucky enough to get to about 10 regular season games and 7 of Calgary's post-season games last year including 2 Western Conference Finals and 2 Stanley Cup Final games. I thought I was going to see it being raised in game 6

(My wife couldn't complain as I had a sweet wager on them form December to win the Western conference at 50/1 with William Hill) True story!
This place went mad last April-June. There were even flags hanging out of ambulances.

Anyway going to the hitmen on Sunday to see them take on the Swift Current Broncos.

$19.95 for a lower bowl seat plus Sunday Brunch!

Hawkeye your location is the exact same as mine!
Old Oct 29th 2004, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Just when the Coyotes looked like they could field a winning team, the NHL finds a way to make their sport another minor league attraction in 95% of the country.

My wife use to follow the Phoenix Roadrunners before the Coyotes came to town. The team is now in Toronto with the same cactus logo, but now with snow on it. lol
Old Oct 29th 2004, 3:55 am
Old-Fart

The NHLPA has a meeting scheduled this coming Tuesday Nov 2nd.

Some players are starting to get fed up with the lock out & some have even stated they would accept a salary cap. Others have gone to Europe.

Iginla: I'm going to Lowell on Sunday to watch the Wolfpack play them.

I wanted to go to Portland Maine on Saturday but my other half has put her foot down on that one. We are getting married on Saturday morning & I suggested Maine as a short Honeymoon & she agreed until she saw the Wolfpack schedule, DAMN~~ I almost got away with it
Old Oct 30th 2004, 1:02 am
Deep in the red C.

Hey, congrats with wedding!

I'll have a or a on Sunday to toast it.

The one thing that has been confusing me about the NHL players going to Europe is how the hell do they get a work visa so quick. Reason being that a lot of football players seem to have troble getting work visas for the UK unless they have played so many times for their country.

I wish it would return but am not holding by breath. I had a lovely Canadian game pack all bought which would have included Montreal on New Years Eve.

Bangers, what's your team? Are you a canes fan now? One of the few.

Pimpbot, I hear your point about the Coyotes. Them and Atlanta seem to have accumulated handy teams.

Last edited by Iginla; Oct 30th 2004 at 1:08 am.