Amir Khan

Old May 16th 2010, 2:51 am
Banned

Ozone Park will become famous soon enough
Default Amir Khan

British Commonweath lightweight, WBO Inter-Continental lightweight, WBA International lightweight, and now WBA Jr. Welterweight Champion Amir Khan takes on the white trash talking New Yorker Paul Malignaggi tonight in Madison Square garden. It's Khans first fight outside the U.K...I have him winning by a decision at Even Money...Thats if he can get a honest decision in New York...A bit concerned

It's on HBO Right Now

A lot of bad blood here friends
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgFpd8g2BJw
Old May 16th 2010, 4:41 pm
Banned

Default Re: Amir Khan

Our boy completely outclassed the American. A methodical beating

very satisfied here

The American wasn't talking too much after the fight was he?

lol
Old May 16th 2010, 7:18 pm
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute

Amir had a bit of a reputation for picking "palookas" to knock around at one time, but nobody can question his class any more.

He has proven himself to be a top class boxer, and long may he continue.
Old May 16th 2010, 7:51 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by 1066 View Post
Amir had a bit of a reputation for picking "palookas" to knock around at one time, but nobody can question his class any more.

He has proven himself to be a top class boxer, and long may he continue.
He out boxed a master boxer. "Paw-ley" Malignaggi is a slick boxer and he coudn't touch Amir.
Old May 17th 2010, 8:33 am
Just Joined

nosheen is an unknown quantity at this point

Malignaggi did suprise me at first with actually going throu 11 rounds - i was more thinking 5 but Khan put the pressure on at the right time with his jabs as his left hook wasnt getting in as Malignaggi cud read that they were coming and kept bobbing and weaving....
Khan needs more fights like these to b tested and put the pressure on - I think Roach has seriously done a great job with Khan in terms of confidence and training - respect for the bolton lad to giv us a show in NY - the pressure was on - now lets see who he fights next? Maidana the Argy nutter - now that wud b interesting!
I really wana see Manny Vs Mayweather though - will that ever happen... who knows!
Old May 17th 2010, 11:08 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by nosheen View Post
Malignaggi did suprise me at first with actually going throu 11 rounds - i was more thinking 5 but Khan put the pressure on at the right time with his jabs as his left hook wasnt getting in as Malignaggi cud read that they were coming and kept bobbing and weaving....
Khan needs more fights like these to b tested and put the pressure on - I think Roach has seriously done a great job with Khan in terms of confidence and training - respect for the bolton lad to giv us a show in NY - the pressure was on - now lets see who he fights next? Maidana the Argy nutter - now that wud b interesting!
I really wana see Manny Vs Mayweather though - will that ever happen... who knows!
I bet it to go the distance..In most fights the boxers have a that silent agreement, you know, "I wont hurt you too bad if you don't hurt me too bad"..30 seconds into the contest I knew there was no silent agreement and that somebody was getting knocked out- and a minute into the fight I knew it was going to be Malignaggi.

I know Floyd Mayweather, we travel in the same circles and when I see him next I will mention that I think Khan can beat him..Khan probably walks around at 155-160 between fights so the weight is no problem. He's ready
Old May 17th 2010, 11:43 pm
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

It was an alright fight, Khan did the business...but it was still a bit meh really, was hoping for of a explosive knock out a little earlier in the fight...still, hopefully should pave the way for more good fights in the future.