Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

This is for all Irish Scotts and Welsh, NO ENGLISH, Please.

View Poll Results: Englands excuse for not winning Euro 2004
Becks was under pressure
9.52%
The formation was wrong
0%
Heskys Fault
14.29%
Exhausted from to much training
0%
The fans Fault
0%
Just bloody useless!!!
76.19%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

This is for all Irish Scotts and Welsh, NO ENGLISH, Please.

Old Jun 24th 2004, 11:27 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This is for all Irish Scotts and Welsh, NO ENGLISH, Please.

Originally posted by ducatiandy
well we hate you lot as much if not more than you hate them.
Don't speak for the whole of Scotland mate, cos you're just one man.........
Old Jun 24th 2004, 11:59 am
Banned

Kendonakasaki is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by manc1976
Why do they constantly whinge about the English, how the sweaty's are the poor relation etc etc, they have their own government now, let them ***** off and get on with it on their own, get off the coat tails off the English you sad scots gets
Old Jun 24th 2004, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

ducatiandy is an unknown quantity at this point

SORAY! Only speak for the majority and you speak for?
Old Jun 24th 2004, 12:03 pm
Banned

SORAY! Only speak for the majority and you speak for?
The majority who choose to leave their glorious country and then bleat on about how hard done by they are, so patriotic that they can't wait to get out of the sh*thole.
Old Jun 24th 2004, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Kendonakasaki
Why do they constantly whinge about the English, how the sweaty's are the poor relation etc etc, they have their own government now, let them ***** off and get on with it on their own, get off the coat tails off the English you sad scots gets

Now that is a lovely gesture if we you lot would let us I am sure we would. Oh and thanks for paying for our new whopping parliment building only 300 no 400 no 500million it looks great.

Also have a look and see who owns all the rigs in the north sea and who exports all the whiskey etc, go on your own mate, we would love it.

Please ask Mr Blair for us we have on numerous occasions and he is to scared to be alone, but maybe now we are all becoming europeans this will change great eh!

Are you a member of the peoples front of Judia?
Old Jun 24th 2004, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

The majority who choose to leave their glorious country and then bleat on about how hard done by they are, so patriotic that they can't wait to get out of the sh*thole.

POT AND KETTLE!
Old Jun 24th 2004, 12:24 pm
Banned

Now that is a lovely gesture if we you lot would let us I am sure we would. Oh and thanks for paying for our new whopping parliment building only 300 no 400 no 500million it looks great.

Also have a look and see who owns all the rigs in the north sea and who exports all the whiskey etc, go on your own mate, we would love it.

Please ask Mr Blair for us we have on numerous occasions and he is to scared to be alone, but maybe now we are all becoming europeans this will change great eh!

Are you a member of the peoples front of Judia?
Who owns the oil though!! Yeah whiskey, that's a real money-spinner, I can see your point of view now, what would we do without you .................CELEBRATE!!!!!!, that's what
Old Jun 24th 2004, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Who owns the oil though!! Yeah whiskey, that's a real money-spinner, I can see your point of view now, what would we do without you .................CELEBRATE!!!!!!, that's what

with our bloody whiskey
Old Jun 24th 2004, 12:34 pm
Banned

POT AND KETTLE!
I'm in England you divvy
Old Jun 24th 2004, 12:39 pm
Banned

with our bloody whiskey
Nah, I prefer Jamesons Whisky
Old Jun 24th 2004, 12:59 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

with our bloody whiskey
This nonsensical and asinine rant from Andy against all that is English is a shame, unfortunately there will always be people like this, and they will never get past the Battle of Culloden.

Ducatiandy, I know for a fact that not all English hate all Scottish, and I’m pretty damn sure that not all Scottish people hate the English, so lets stop making imbecilic generalizations and try to be more mature shall we? The sooner we all realize that we are one nation – The United Kingdom (and that’s the way it’s going to stay whether you and your SNP chums like it or not) the sooner we will all be happier.

Your argument about the Scottish oil and gas reserves doesn’t hold any water, and your argument about exporting of Whisky is laughable, please Andy, if you are going to argue for Scottish independence, then at least try to read up on simple economics, and don’t rely on what you hear some guy say while you’re down the pub (he’s probably had a few too many of those Whiskies, which incidentally, I think are excellent).

I am sorry and embarrassed about the experiences you had at Wembley and I will not even try to defend the idiots that behaved this way, but don’t try to tell us that ALL English fans behave this way or that ALL Scottish fans are the epitome of politeness and courtesy.
Old Jun 24th 2004, 1:08 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Getting back to football for a minute...........

In 1967 Scotland apparently became self proclaimed 'World champions' by beating England at Wembley 3-2.

I took a look at results since Scotland became "World Champions" and, by employing the same logic as
the Jockney, ie, whoever beats the current World Champions (no matter how important or un-important the fixture may be) becomes the World Champions, here is a list of the "World Champions" that there have been since the 1966 finals - I've only managed to get as far as 1976 as yet but the results, so far, make for interesting reading:

30 Jul 1966 - England (Won 2 and drew 1 before losing at home to Scotland 2 : 3)
15 Apr 1967 - Scotland (Won 0 and drew 0 before losing at home to USSR 0 : 2)
10 May 1967 - USSR (Won 9 and drew 1 before losing away to Austria 1 : 0) 15 Oct 1967 - Austria (Won 1 and drew 2 before losing away to USSR 3 : 1) 16 Jun 1968 - USSR (Won 1 and drew 2 before losing at home to Sweden 0 : 1) 06 Aug 1969 - Sweden (Won 4 and drew 0 before losing away to France 3 : 0) 01 Nov 1969 - France (Won 2 and drew 1 before losing away to Switzerland 2 : 1)
03 May 1970 - Switzerland (Won 0 and drew 0 before having to give up the title of "World Champions" to World Cup '70 winners Brazil.
21 Jun 1970 - Brazil (Won 11 and drew 6 before losing away to Italy 2 : 0) 09 Jun 1973 - Italy (Won 4 and drew 2 before having to give up the title
of "World Champions" to World Cup '74 winners West Germany.
07 Jun 1974 - Germany (Won 2 and drew 1 before losing away to England!!!
2 : 0)
12 Mar 1975 - England (Won 4 and drew 2 before losing away to
Czechoslovakia 2 : 1)
30 Oct 1975 - Czechoslovakia (Won 5 and drew 5 before losing away to
West Germany 2 : 0)

That's as far as I got before getting bored - but it was worth it to
discover that Scotland were unofficially World Champions just the once
and for just 25 days, and that if we use Scottish logic, England would have been World Champions twice! :-))
Old Jun 24th 2004, 1:30 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

Getting back to football for a minute...........

In 1967 Scotland apparently became self proclaimed 'World champions' by beating England at Wembley 3-2.

I took a look at results since Scotland became "World Champions" and, by employing the same logic as
the Jockney, ie, whoever beats the current World Champions (no matter how important or un-important the fixture may be) becomes the World Champions, here is a list of the "World Champions" that there have been since the 1966 finals - I've only managed to get as far as 1976 as yet but the results, so far, make for interesting reading:

30 Jul 1966 - England (Won 2 and drew 1 before losing at home to Scotland 2 : 3)
15 Apr 1967 - Scotland (Won 0 and drew 0 before losing at home to USSR 0 : 2)
10 May 1967 - USSR (Won 9 and drew 1 before losing away to Austria 1 : 0) 15 Oct 1967 - Austria (Won 1 and drew 2 before losing away to USSR 3 : 1) 16 Jun 1968 - USSR (Won 1 and drew 2 before losing at home to Sweden 0 : 1) 06 Aug 1969 - Sweden (Won 4 and drew 0 before losing away to France 3 : 0) 01 Nov 1969 - France (Won 2 and drew 1 before losing away to Switzerland 2 : 1)
03 May 1970 - Switzerland (Won 0 and drew 0 before having to give up the title of "World Champions" to World Cup '70 winners Brazil.
21 Jun 1970 - Brazil (Won 11 and drew 6 before losing away to Italy 2 : 0) 09 Jun 1973 - Italy (Won 4 and drew 2 before having to give up the title
of "World Champions" to World Cup '74 winners West Germany.
07 Jun 1974 - Germany (Won 2 and drew 1 before losing away to England!!!
2 : 0)
12 Mar 1975 - England (Won 4 and drew 2 before losing away to
Czechoslovakia 2 : 1)
30 Oct 1975 - Czechoslovakia (Won 5 and drew 5 before losing away to
West Germany 2 : 0)

That's as far as I got before getting bored - but it was worth it to
discover that Scotland were unofficially World Champions just the once
and for just 25 days, and that if we use Scottish logic, England would have been World Champions twice! :-))

an excellent piece of investigative journalism Manc.

Scotland - Crap (but not as bad as Leeds)

Actually, I should be more proud of my heritage, I am one of very few English people that can claim a true right to wear a kilt, and even better, a Black Watch Kilt (which many Scottish people would love to be allowed to wear) my right stems from the generational inheritance condition which I'm sure DucatiAndy can explain better than me.
Old Jun 24th 2004, 1:46 pm
@matthewb76

You have the right to wear anything you want to as far as I am concerned.
Old Jun 24th 2004, 1:54 pm
Banned

You have the right to wear anything you want to as far as I am concerned.
why wear a tatty skirt though?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.