British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Locker Room (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/)
-   -   The 2021/22 Football Thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/2021-22-football-thread-938994/)

DaveLovesDee Jul 18th 2021 10:38 am

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 13030578)
Counties FIFY eg Surrey, Essex etc.

:argue:

SpoogleDrummer Jul 20th 2021 2:00 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 
Which of you lot is missing a 31 year old player in the Greater Manchester area then?

civilservant Jul 20th 2021 2:05 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 
This is a strange one. He was arrested by GMP, but then Everton put out a statement saying he was one of their 1st team players. I assume the individual must play for Everton (geographically covered by Merseyside Police) but live in GMPs area.

BristolUK Jul 20th 2021 2:05 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer (Post 13031270)
Which of you lot is missing a 31 year old player in the Greater Manchester area then?


https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...075dd57762.jpg

Former Lancastrian Jul 20th 2021 2:47 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by civilservant (Post 13031272)
This is a strange one. He was arrested by GMP, but then Everton put out a statement saying he was one of their 1st team players. I assume the individual must play for Everton (geographically covered by Merseyside Police) but live in GMPs area.

Would you live in Merseyside :lol: Cant be that good of a player or well known as most seem to live in Cheshire. I am sure his name will be released soon.

SpoogleDrummer Jul 20th 2021 3:20 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 13031299)
Would you live in Merseyside :lol: Cant be that good of a player or well known as most seem to live in Cheshire. I am sure his name will be released soon.

Well Bristol's hint was enough for me.

civilservant Jul 20th 2021 3:41 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 
Indeed. The name is reported outside of the UK anyway, it's not a secret.

Former Lancastrian Jul 20th 2021 4:14 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer (Post 13031313)
Well Bristol's hint was enough for me.

Thought he was hinting at that he would sooner live in Iceland than Merseyside. Just needs clarifying if it's the country or shop:lol:

DaveLovesDee Jul 20th 2021 5:52 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer (Post 13031313)
Well Bristol's hint was enough for me.

The name was all over Twitter yesterday.

SpoogleDrummer Jul 20th 2021 5:59 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 13031376)
The name was all over Twitter yesterday.

That explains why it took me a while to find out then. I only ever use Twitter to find out if there's an ISP outage etc as people seem to complain on there before the support staff even know there's an issue.

Former Lancastrian Jul 20th 2021 6:40 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 
So I guess we can name him. Gylfi Sigurdsson.

DaveLovesDee Jul 20th 2021 8:23 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 13031392)
So I guess we can name him

I guess you could, but as I understand it, no UK media publication has made the name public yet. I suspect the accused's solicitor will be watching very closely for anything that prejudices their client's right to a fair trial. The Irish Mirror says he was arrested Friday.

And arrested isn't guilty yet. It just makes it easier to take statements. Has he been charged?

kimilseung Jul 20th 2021 8:31 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 13031416)
I guess you could, but as I understand it, no UK media publication has made the name public yet. I suspect the accused's solicitor will be watching very closely for anything that prejudices their client's right to a fair trial. The Irish Mirror says he was arrested Friday.

And arrested isn't guilty yet. It just makes it easier to take statements. Has he been charged?

Interesting one, the name is easy to find, because British law isn't International law, but should we respect this British law, because, as you say it attempts to protects people who have not been charged, never mind found guilty of a terrible crime.

DaveLovesDee Jul 20th 2021 9:08 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by kimilseung (Post 13031419)
Interesting one, the name is easy to find, because British law isn't International law, but should we respect this British law, because, as you say it attempts to protects people who have not been charged, never mind found guilty of a terrible crime.

For me, it's a matter of personal choice. If people want the name, they'll find it.

It's unlikely any of us would ever see any consequences of naming the guy, but as a UK resident, I personally am holding off naming the player until the Police or UK media name him.

Former Lancastrian Jul 20th 2021 9:15 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 13031416)
I guess you could, but as I understand it, no UK media publication has made the name public yet. I suspect the accused's solicitor will be watching very closely for anything that prejudices their client's right to a fair trial. The Irish Mirror says he was arrested Friday.

And arrested isn't guilty yet. It just makes it easier to take statements. Has he been charged?

According to one report I read he has been arrested but released on bail pending investigation. Normally the media won't release a name until charges laid as then it is a public record unless the court issues a media ban. As for naming him on a website such as this then I don't see a problem as this is not a media outlet.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:47 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.