Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The 2021/22 Football Thread

The 2021/22 Football Thread

Old Nov 1st 2021, 5:55 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
Baffling - Nuno won the manager of the month and all was rosy and then suddenly he's rubbish 2 months later?
It's not that baffling. If the players like doing things a certain way and the manager wants some of those things cut out to improve discipline, players are either going to get with the program or get the manager sacked. They get paid whether they win or not, it's only bonuses that they lose out on.

Any manager is picking the team based on the opposition and how the players perform in training, and every Spurs 1st XI should be capable of beating 50% of the current Premier League, but like I said, the manager picks them. If some of the players aren't able or willing to do their jobs, they should be sold, even if that's what the player is trying to achieve. If Kane wants out, sell him to Rangers or Celtic on the cheap.

And what the hell happened to Son?
Old Nov 1st 2021, 6:40 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
Kane is just upset because never got his move. Suarez may be a total prick but when he was told he wasn't joining Arsenal he had his best season ever at Liverpool and got his dream move to Barca (who then treated him like shit because that's what they do).

I would've thought Spurs would let Nuno get the Christmas, flog Kane (Assuming City are still willing to buy him), and try and re-invest the money in to players that want to be there. Instead they're now trying to find another manager when all the decent ones are gone. It reminds me of when we appointed old Roy Hodgeson when Kenny had already said he wanted the job, that pretty much meant Roy was on a hiding to nothing and was unfairly treated by the fans and club, granted he bought some utter shite players and played terribly but should still have been given more time than he was.

I don't even understand what the issue with Nuno is, you were never going to be challenging for the title this season and top 4 would've been a struggle so what's the rush to hire someone else? Did you invest heavily in players over the summer? Are you going to try and nick another Southampton manager and hope for the best? Conte is about as suitable to Spurs as Jose was, unless he gets to splash the cash on whatever he wants you'll just end up with a moaner.
Worrying to note that Conte was once quoted as saying 'you cannot go to a 100 euro restaurant with just 10 euro in your pocket'.......good luck with that at Spurs matey.
Old Nov 2nd 2021, 4:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
I think Kane hates Nuno rather than hates life, but no doubt the core problem lies firmly with Levy and ENIC............I will spend today gazing wistfully at my screen shot of the PL table when Spurs were top and Arse were bottom
Those heady days eh. It's like the year Spurs threw the league away, when Leicester won it. Natural born bottlers I'm afraid, but at least it's a fun ride.

Kane is just upset because never got his move. Suarez may be a total prick but when he was told he wasn't joining Arsenal he had his best season ever at Liverpool and got his dream move to Barca (who then treated him like shit because that's what they do).

I would've thought Spurs would let Nuno get the Christmas, flog Kane (Assuming City are still willing to buy him), and try and re-invest the money in to players that want to be there. Instead they're now trying to find another manager when all the decent ones are gone. It reminds me of when we appointed old Roy Hodgeson when Kenny had already said he wanted the job, that pretty much meant Roy was on a hiding to nothing and was unfairly treated by the fans and club, granted he bought some utter shite players and played terribly but should still have been given more time than he was.

I don't even understand what the issue with Nuno is, you were never going to be challenging for the title this season and top 4 would've been a struggle so what's the rush to hire someone else? Did you invest heavily in players over the summer? Are you going to try and nick another Southampton manager and hope for the best? Conte is about as suitable to Spurs as Jose was, unless he gets to splash the cash on whatever he wants you'll just end up with a moaner.
Yeah, bang on.
Old Nov 2nd 2021, 9:36 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently, congrats to Spurs...

Spoiler:

Old Nov 2nd 2021, 9:38 pm
Account Closed

Old Nov 3rd 2021, 8:59 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

This ref isn't taking any shit in this game.
Old Nov 3rd 2021, 9:24 pm
Account Closed

This ref isn't taking any shit in this game.
Excellent.... If players don't give the position the respect it should have, then they can leave the field.

I look forward to seeing that here this weekend..
Old Nov 3rd 2021, 9:39 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

They're saying the red was for the tackle but I find it hard to believe the player ignoring the ref's demand to come to him didn't change it from a yellow to a red.
Old Nov 3rd 2021, 10:02 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

They're saying the red was for the tackle but I find it hard to believe the player ignoring the ref's demand to come to him didn't change it from a yellow to a red.
I didn't see it as was watching the other channel where Bruges tried a Scotland 6 4 0 formation and it didn't work that well for them..... Looks like Liverpool and Chelsea through and that late goal from RBL puts Citeh in a strong position too....
Old Nov 3rd 2021, 10:39 pm
Account Closed

Yeah, I thought it should have been 2 yellows, one for the tackle and 1 for dissent.
Old Nov 4th 2021, 2:20 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a record for number of minutes played against 10 men without scoring? Liverpool must be close by now.
Old Nov 4th 2021, 2:33 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I'm seeing a few sources that think the straight red was for dissent (including a gesture to the ref, that I missed) the foul would have been a yellow.
Old Nov 4th 2021, 4:44 am
You aint seen me, right?

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
I'm seeing a few sources that think the straight red was for dissent (including a gesture to the ref, that I missed) the foul would have been a yellow.
UEFA have apparently said it was for the foul because the ball wasn't near Felipe when he hacked Mane down. If that rule were applied in the Premier League I don't think James Milner would last more than a couple of minutes on the pitch as he always seems to pick up a yellow for hacking someone down.
Old Nov 4th 2021, 6:07 pm
Still Glazers Out!

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

How we doing lads & ladies? Just popping my head in on an infrequent visit. Wasn't appearing above the back of the sofa for a few weeks after the "Maguire Show" the other week, but it seems that particular show might be semi-permanent, so no point hiding on that score. Just goes to show you can spend money, but that doesn't make things 'right'.

Salah making life easy for Fantasy Football managers this season... no need to rack your brain wondering who to captain every week. At this point I think he may even be surprising himself with his form. Was hoping the Moysiah could give Klopp's men a test this weekend, but they're getting dicked by some Belgian mob as I type this, so never mind.
Old Nov 4th 2021, 8:52 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Eddie Howe reported to have agreed to take over at Newcastle. Underwhelming much?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.