British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Locker Room (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/)
-   -   The 2021/22 Football Thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/2021-22-football-thread-938994/)

DaveLovesDee Aug 10th 2021 5:59 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 
I guess Chelsea's next manager might be buying Abraham back for stupid money in a few years time... After all, Utd did the same with Pogba, and now Chelsea appear to have re-signed Lukaku it seems. Wouldn't it be cheaper in the long run to just loan out players to Italian clubs?


Garbatellamike Aug 10th 2021 7:31 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 13039198)
I guess Chelsea's next manager might be buying Abraham back for stupid money in a few years time... After all, Utd did the same with Pogba, and now Chelsea appear to have re-signed Lukaku it seems. Wouldn't it be cheaper in the long run to just loan out players to Italian clubs?

well to be fair - selling Pogba for 1 mil and buying him back for 89 mil was one of Ed Woodward's better transfer deals :p :scarper:

civilservant Aug 11th 2021 11:35 am

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 13039225)
well to be fair - selling Pogba for 1 mil and buying him back for 89 mil was one of Ed Woodward's better transfer deals :p :scarper:

Even better, we'll likely lose him on a free next year too.

You can't make it up.

BristolUK Aug 12th 2021 12:26 am

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 
Unai Emery still looks like Rigsby wearing one of Reggie Perrin's suits.

Garbatellamike Aug 12th 2021 10:09 am

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by civilservant (Post 13039404)
Even better, we'll likely lose him on a free next year too.

You can't make it up.

good point - well presented
I'd forgotten that

Garbatellamike Aug 13th 2021 10:38 am

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 
Season kicks off this evening guys

last chance to amend you FF teams

Arse vs Bees to kick us off

kimilseung Aug 13th 2021 8:56 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 
Brentford, top of the league. Should have been a foul on the goalie for that second goal though.

civilservant Aug 13th 2021 8:58 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 
Barry Glendenning had Brentford nailed on to beat Arsenal. Seems he was right.

DaveLovesDee Aug 13th 2021 11:08 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by kimilseung (Post 13040251)
Brentford, top of the league. Should have been a foul on the goalie for that second goal though.

And no striker started for Arsenal..

Garbatellamike Aug 13th 2021 11:16 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 13040279)
And no striker started for Arsenal..

Isn't Balogun a striker then?

BristolUK Aug 13th 2021 11:57 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by kimilseung (Post 13040251)
Brentford, top of the league. Should have been a foul on the goalie for that second goal though.

Yep.
I was actually quite impressed with Arsenal. Well, Tierney, Smith-Rowe and Saka.

If they could add a couple of experienced players - without baggage - they could do well in the long run.

What about a not so cheeky bid for Bernardo Silva? Guardiola said he wants to leave.

DaveLovesDee Aug 14th 2021 12:05 am

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 13040284)
Isn't Balogun a striker then?

I thought he was a midfielder, but apparently, you're right. He's a youth-team player.

SpoogleDrummer Aug 14th 2021 3:14 am

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 
What in the **** are Southampton doing? They've lost at least 3 of their first team squad from last season and none of them are at Liverpool now. Are they re-investing the money at least or just paying back the loan the owner gave them?

Garbatellamike Aug 14th 2021 10:13 am

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 13040295)
I thought he was a midfielder, but apparently, you're right. He's a youth-team player.

thanks that was what I thought but didn't know for sure

Former Lancastrian Aug 14th 2021 1:39 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 
Bruno 3 goals and not one a penalty. Pogba 4 assists and a full 90 minutes where I didn't swear at Fred. Not a bad opening result.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:21 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.