British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Locker Room (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/)
-   -   The 2021/22 Football Thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/2021-22-football-thread-938994/)

BristolUK Aug 5th 2021 11:43 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 
Anyone care to predict how many days it will be before it all works out and Messi signs a new Barcelona contract?

DaveLovesDee Aug 5th 2021 11:48 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 13037599)
Anyone care to predict how many days it will be before it all works out and Messi signs a new Barcelona contract?

Unless he signs for 1 Euro a week, I doubt La Liga would allow it to happen.

SpoogleDrummer Aug 5th 2021 11:57 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 13037602)
Unless he signs for 1 Euro a week, I doubt La Liga would allow it to happen.

I reckon they'll change their rules for him, he's a big pull so must earn the league a fortune.

BristolUK Aug 6th 2021 12:20 am

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 13037602)
Unless he signs for 1 Euro a week, I doubt La Liga would allow it to happen.


Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer (Post 13037605)
I reckon they'll change their rules for him, he's a big pull so must earn the league a fortune.

:nod:
Pressure from the broadcasters, extraordinary general meeting to suspend the rules or make a change in the formula to reflect 'changing' circumstances, someone else agrees to go after all, some even more creative accounting (I'm sure there's someone who can show them the way), find a mistake in t he original proposals and so on...

BristolUK Aug 6th 2021 12:27 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 
From the Guardian today

La Liga has a salary cap, calculated based on a club’s financial health, which was reduced in November in the wake of the financial pressures caused by the pandemic, and Barcelona have been hit hard.
This was the sot of thing I had in mind. It's an exceptional situation so one could justify an exception.

There's already a proposal that might work so there might yet be a change of mind.

DaveLovesDee Aug 6th 2021 2:15 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 13037847)
From the Guardian today

This was the sot of thing I had in mind. It's an exceptional situation so one could justify an exception.

There's already a proposal that might work so there might yet be a change of mind.

Sell him to Man City and City loan him to Barca for 2 seasons?

BristolUK Aug 6th 2021 8:59 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 13037911)
Sell him to Man City and City loan him to Barca for 2 seasons?

That would imply City were involved in something untoward so that won't work. They're above that sort of thing.

Garbatellamike Aug 6th 2021 10:15 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 13038022)
That would imply City were involved in something untoward so that won't work. They're above that sort of thing.

exactly right it is more likely to be one of the heavily in debt clubs like Yernited or Red Scouse that would be involved in that kind of duplicity.... well them or that notorious bunch of fraudsters at Bristol Rovers :p

DaveLovesDee Aug 6th 2021 10:23 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 13038042)
exactly right it is more likely to be one of the heavily in debt clubs like Yernited or Red Scouse that would be involved in that kind of duplicity.... well them or that notorious bunch of fraudsters at Bristol Rovers :p


Garbatellamike Aug 6th 2021 10:31 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 13038046)

Yeah I guessed PSG or the MLS if he doesn't stay at Barca

BristolUK Aug 7th 2021 1:26 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 
July 14th

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 13029338)
Is it just me or does this sound like his annual wage will keep the club within fair play boundaries but that he'll really be earning five years of pay over two years of playing and it won't be a pay cut when that's factored in?

Latest newspaper report...

Laporta said Messi had agreed in principle first to a two-year deal with payments over five years then to a five-year deal – although the expectation was that he would probably play only two.
Transfer still not happened yet.

Daily Express says ManU made an offer. :lol:

Former Lancastrian Aug 7th 2021 2:45 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 13038158)
July 14th

Latest newspaper report...

Transfer still not happened yet.

Daily Express says ManU made an offer. :lol:

Phil Jones, Jesse Lingard and Brandon Williams for Messi sounds like a fair deal to me.

BristolUK Aug 7th 2021 3:13 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 
Latest bit of nonsense...Daily Mail reports Aguero not happy and asking his lawyers to check for an escape route :blink:

DaveLovesDee Aug 7th 2021 3:51 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 13038176)
Latest bit of nonsense...Daily Mail reports Aguero not happy and asking his lawyers to check for an escape route :blink:

He signed a contract, make him honour it...

BristolUK Aug 7th 2021 7:33 pm

Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 13038182)
He signed a contract, make him honour it...

Part 3, Section D, sub-section iv, paragraph 5(1)(b) says contract is null and void in the event my mate Messi leaves within the first year.

And then there's the Sanity Clause. ;)


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:01 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.