Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The 2021/22 Football Thread

The 2021/22 Football Thread

Old Jun 8th 2021, 11:40 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute
Default The 2021/22 Football Thread

Well that's the Covid season done and hopefully gone for ever.

Citeh won the league and League cup whilst the Foxes won the FA Cup for the first time (well done them). Chelski brought the CL trophy home (Boo!).

Pep was rightly manager of the year, Dias indisputably was voted player of the year and the Stockport Iniesta got player (I'd have given the latter to Mount btw).

Yernited, Chelski and Red Scouse join the Champions in the CL.

Foxes and Wet Spam get Europa league with spurs in the new 3rd tier competition alongside the champions of Gibraltar, Moldova etc etc....

Oh and Bristol Rovers finished stone last in league one with a goal difference of minus 30 despite their dodgy financial dealings.....

Transfer speculation now going mad....

Looking forward to next year...

who is your club going to sign?
Old Jun 8th 2021, 11:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 2021/22 Football Thread

I'm confused because doesn't Euro 2020 start on Friday?

I hope the Gimp's know Amazon Prime Day is on 21/22 June and order a few cases of Flex Seal to fix the roof. Apparently they are spending 11 million on installing new floodlights at OT and Carrington. Who knew LED bulbs were that expensive.
I expect us to be linked to signing 256 new players and spending anywhere between 5 quid and 2 billion. I expect the bookies to be offering odds on how many minutes Phil Jones will play as opposed to games.
Old Jun 8th 2021, 5:47 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

We tend to do our business early and so far we've signed Konate and let Gini go. I expect Origi and Shaqiri to leave too. With all our injured players due to return as well as Harvey Elliot and Minamino I'm not sure we really need to buy anyone else. That said I'd keep an eye on Chelsea, if they buy Haaland they may need to ditch Werner at a cut price fee so he might be worth a punt considering we wanted him initially.
Old Jun 9th 2021, 4:47 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

We tend to do our business at 10 minutes before deadline and take whatever is in the bargain bucket.

We need the manager thing sorted pronto, can't see Poch coming back to be honest.
Old Jun 9th 2021, 5:40 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I stopped by out neighbour here in Seattle, who displays a Brentford bees flag, to congratulate them on Premiership status next year, to my surprise they are not Larnderners, but locals.
The US support of overseas soccer has expanded to include the Championship. He's followed them for a few years now, he had the flag up last year, I noticed it at the time of the 2020 play-offs
Old Jun 9th 2021, 6:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
I stopped by out neighbour here in Seattle, who displays a Brentford bees flag, to congratulate them on Premiership status next year, to my surprise they are not Larnderners, but locals.
The US support of overseas soccer has expanded to include the Championship. He's followed them for a few years now, he had the flag up last year, I noticed it at the time of the 2020 play-offs
Well seeing as the West Coast has an abundance of eco friendly people they obviously thought of the bees pollinating flowers and good for the environment so this looks like a good team to follow. Apparently Yernited are very well followed by people in Detroit as they have the largest number of Satanic Temple members in the US.
Old Jun 9th 2021, 9:22 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
We tend to do our business at 10 minutes before deadline and take whatever is in the bargain bucket.

We need the manager thing sorted pronto, can't see Poch coming back to be honest.
Fonseca now in the frame
Old Jun 9th 2021, 9:45 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Glory Hunters.
Old Jun 10th 2021, 4:26 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

I love this.
When in Japan I watched Saints play (highlights) against West Ham. Found a pub, sat down with the mrs and started watching.
Realised there were several signed Saints shirts and that of course, Yoshida, was a club legend. Made a few friends with broken English and a few pictures of me at St Mary's.

Football is bloody brilliant,
Old Jun 15th 2021, 7:38 pm
Overkill is underrated

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

2021-2022 Scottish Premier League fixtures released

Premier League fixtures released at 9am tomorrow. The EFL fixtures will be released on the 24th June.

Last edited by DaveLovesDee; Jun 15th 2021 at 7:44 pm.
Old Jun 15th 2021, 7:41 pm
Overkill is underrated

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

European Super League: Juventus, Barcelona, Real Madrid admitted to Champions League despite involvement in breakaway project

Old Jun 16th 2021, 1:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

For those interested here are the fixtures as a whole or you can do it by club well at least on Sky Sports website.

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...pening-weekend
Old Jun 16th 2021, 3:59 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Typical for Man Utd. Apparently Woodward and OGS have just discovered that Trippier is a decent player now that he's 30 and want to spend upwards of $25m to bring him to Manchester.

That makes sense.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...tletico-madrid
Old Jun 16th 2021, 5:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by civilservant View Post
Typical for Man Utd. Apparently Woodward and OGS have just discovered that Trippier is a decent player now that he's 30 and want to spend upwards of $25m to bring him to Manchester.

That makes sense.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...tletico-madrid
Well it's not like we have ever overpaid for a player before. Trippier is a decent player but is he likely to replace Shaw or AWB at full back. Dalot is in the Portugal squad at the Euro's.
Old Jun 16th 2021, 5:43 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Trippier is a decent player but is he likely to replace Shaw or AWB at full back.
Good competition for places though, after all who is pushing AWB at RB? Williams needs to out on loan and get some game time, Dalot will probably leave, so we need someone who can play 20-ish matches in a season. Don't know if Trippier will want to do that though approached the final years of his career. Lord knows how much wags we'll have to throw at him, added to the 350k a week we've already 'agreed' for Sancho as reported in the media.

Who said transfers would calm down in the current era?

Dalot is in the Portugal squad at the Euro's.
Only because someone else got COVID. He was originally left out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.