Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The 2020 Euros of 2021

The 2020 Euros of 2021

Old Jul 7th 2021, 9:42 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 2020 Euros of 2021

England are likely to be screwed in the final, they just can't dive well enough... even despite Kane
Old Jul 7th 2021, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

yellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond repute

Just a reminder that this was written in the stars from the moment that Hull City won promotion from the third tier, because the last time we won a league was - promotion from the third tier in 1966.
Old Jul 7th 2021, 10:05 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sensational game, with the right scoreline. Get in
Old Jul 7th 2021, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

Well, we made it.

I personally say that was a penalty - yes he made a meal of it but if they don't these days it's never given. If it wasn't a penalty (I could be wrong), then it just evens out the second free kick they got which they scored from as that wasn't a free kick itself, so either way, balanced itself out!

I had a feeling Denmark would score first, and I was worried about how we'd respond. In the past we just implode. Not here! Well, I guess Pickford did almost implode today, was very skittish, but in the end job got done. I genuinely thought Kasper was going to save the rebound, but thankful Kane buried the rebound! Now he's joint top tournament goalscorer for England alongside Shearer on 10 goals - will he take that top spot on Sunday? I also think Southgate did a tactical masterclass to close out the game - when he bought on Trippier and switched to 5 at the back, we controlled that ball amazingly well. It was almost like good old school days when you played year 11 vs. year 8 and the little kids were just chasing all day after the ball!

Italy are the better and stronger side, but it's a final at Wembley. Anything goes!
Old Jul 7th 2021, 10:45 pm
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm wondering if we all get the same camera feeds? Is there just one master feed, and our 'service providers' chop as they see fit?

Last edited by BuckinghamshireBoy; Jul 7th 2021 at 10:55 pm.
Old Jul 8th 2021, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Scamp and all....
Are you all feeling a rush of dopamine

I'm glad England are through but that was definitely not a penalty

Last edited by Boomhauer; Jul 8th 2021 at 1:53 am.
Old Jul 8th 2021, 2:09 am
Somewhere rather noisy .

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

MrBEVS is rather pleased I think. Scouring for vids of the game or at least the final moments and the like rather than pics of the crowd.
Old Jul 8th 2021, 2:19 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
MrBEVS is rather pleased I think. Scouring for vids of the game or at least the final moments and the like rather than pics of the crowd.
This is a hightlights video BEVS, around 9 minutes. Works fine in Oz, hope it's the same in NZ.

Scouse is going to watch the full match later, he's rather pleased as well
Old Jul 8th 2021, 2:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
I'm wondering if we all get the same camera feeds? Is there just one master feed, and our 'service providers' chop as they see fit?
my TV showed a professional footballer playing for a penalty and getting one. We've been on the wrong end of decisions before, so I'm not over burdened with guilt. Come on England, first major final I will have ever seen them in, couldn't be happier
Old Jul 8th 2021, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

Timmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond repute

To be fair to the ref, the penalty decision did go to VAR review so multiple people must have deemed it a pen - rightly or wrongly. Aussie press are reporting a laser being pointed in Schmeichels eyes, saved it anyway!
Old Jul 8th 2021, 2:49 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timmy Chch View Post
To be fair to the ref, the penalty decision did go to VAR review so multiple people must have deemed it a pen - rightly or wrongly. Aussie press are reporting a laser being pointed in Schmeichels eyes, saved it anyway!
Not sure he knew, or that it mattered, although that is besides the point that it is unacceptable
video links shows as unavailable in BE, but works for me if pasted.

Last edited by kimilseung; Jul 8th 2021 at 2:51 am.
Old Jul 8th 2021, 8:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
I imagine for most of us, this England in a final, is uncharted territory.
It's coming home.

Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post
Scamp and all....
Are you all feeling a rush of dopamine

I'm glad England are through but that was definitely not a penalty
I can't even believe there's debate over the penalty. It's about as stonewall as it gets.

I'm more concerned about how terrible the penalty was taken, but that's irrelevant now.

I hope I'm not the only one who got in at 3am, woke the Mrs up by singing 'it's coming home' non stop until she begged for sleep and then had to be in work first thing for a meeting with HR to talk about trusting each other and helping each other whilst stinking of Heineken and fags?

It's going to be a long day.
Old Jul 8th 2021, 10:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
It's coming home.

I can't even believe there's debate over the penalty. It's about as stonewall as it gets.

I'm more concerned about how terrible the penalty was taken, but that's irrelevant now.

I hope I'm not the only one who got in at 3am, woke the Mrs up by singing 'it's coming home' non stop until she begged for sleep and then had to be in work first thing for a meeting with HR to talk about trusting each other and helping each other whilst stinking of Heineken and fags?

It's going to be a long day.
Sir Gareth by Sunday night. BST?
Old Jul 8th 2021, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Oh absolutely correct.
I do not at all underestimate them in a one off game, I just can't get my head around how the heck they've ended up there.

The balance of the draw was a shit show from the very start.

More to the point, what happens if it actually comes home? What do we do?
remiind ourselves its not the World Cup - but we can sing "2 World wars and 2 big cups doodah!"
Old Jul 8th 2021, 10:46 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Even if we lose to Italy, and we may well, this tournament has been an unmitigated success for Southgate and England. It's been refreshing to exorcise some demons, and have a manager that doesn't seem to care about going along with public sentiment or feel the need to put all the shiny things on the field regardless of how they all fit together.

Now if we could only beat the Italians on penalties and get rid of that last demon, perhaps we might finally move forward into the World Cup believing that we can beat anyone on our day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.