Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The 2020 Euros of 2021

The 2020 Euros of 2021

Old Jun 7th 2021, 4:34 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default The 2020 Euros of 2021

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...em-footballers
The FA said: “How many footballers do you want to sing on it?” But we were like: “No, we don’t want any of that.” I didn’t want it to be England-istic, or nationalistic. In my mind, the line: “It’s coming home…” – this was the first time England had hosted an international football competition since 1966 – is more about being a football fan, which for 90% of the time, is losing. Most of being a football fan is disappointment.
When we got knocked out [5-6 to Germany on penalties in the semi-finals] I was at Wembley, and I totally shut down emotionally. Back at the hotel, I was lying down on the bed and I heard, [sings]: “Three Lions on a shirt…” and remember thinking: “It’s nice they’re singing it even though we lost.” I looked out of the window and it was all German fans. I had to resist throwing a TV out of the window.

So now that we're all in the mood, are we looking forward to it?
Old Jun 8th 2021, 5:10 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 2020 Euros of 2021

Spain squad isolating after Busquets tests positive for something or other.
So far, so good for them with negative tests. Their final tune-up match was called off.
(although the under 21s will apparently play it instead)

Bizarre prediction - more Spanish players test positive and the Spanish FA is given special dispensation to replace the squad with that from the under 21s, who promptly do a Denmark and win it all.
Old Jun 8th 2021, 11:41 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

It will fill the whole until the new season, and as I will be off work for all but the first few days I will get to see a lot of the games (as long as I remember to switch from Sling Orange to Sling Blue) I think a

team with Marx on their side will win.
Old Jun 9th 2021, 12:09 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
team with Marx on their side will win.

Has Lion seen it?
Old Jun 9th 2021, 2:22 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

It has been drawn to my attention that in Scotland, they hate the English so much, that the biggest selling footy shirt is for one of England group rivals!!!!! (not sure if they know or not? Its Poes law)
Old Jun 9th 2021, 4:18 pm
Oscar nominated

I don't suppose many people are happy with the idea of this one being spread around but looking on the bright side, in the event any hosting country comes down with a severe outbreak, nothing would stop things going ahead unchanged for 20 of the 24 teams and even for the group affected, an alternative venue for three games would solve it.

A little more complicated for St Petersburg, hosting games from two groups...
Old Jun 9th 2021, 4:30 pm
Fair and balanced

England don't want to win the group as they then have to play whoever is second from this lot
Portugal
France
Germany
If they come second its probably (assuming Spain win the group)
Sweden
Poland
Slovakia
England just might be in the position of trying to throw the game against the Czechs,
Old Jun 9th 2021, 9:51 pm
Oscar nominated

England don't want to win the group as they then have to play whoever is second from this lot
Portugal
France
Germany
Sweden
Poland
Slovakia
England just might be in the position of trying to throw the game against the Czechs,
This is one of the reasons why I like best 3rds to go though inn a 24 team tournament. Apart from second chances for teams suffering some bit of bad luck, it throws the draw completely out of whack when one or two teams finish in unexpected qualifying positions.
Old Jun 9th 2021, 9:54 pm
Fair and balanced

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
This is one of the reasons why I like best 3rds to go though inn a 24 team tournament. Apart from second chances for teams suffering some bit of bad luck, it throws the draw completely out of whack when one or two teams finish in unexpected qualifying positions.
Now you've made me sad, I hadn't really thought about England coming third, but it could happen.
Old Jun 10th 2021, 4:29 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Portugal
France
Germany
Sweden
Poland
Slovakia
You've reminded me. I need a wallchart. I wonder if the newsagent downstairs has Match or FourFourTwo on the shelves...
Old Jun 10th 2021, 11:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
You've reminded me. I need a wallchart. I wonder if the newsagent downstairs has Match or FourFourTwo on the shelves...
You could always download it and print one off

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/us/featu...-free-download

https://news.paddypower.com/wp-conte...b-A2-IRLUK.pdf
Old Jun 10th 2021, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

I know France are favorites, but I don't think they'll win it. I can see Belgium doing well (sounding like the 'golden generation' we had with England though with repeated expectations of success).

I am hopeful with England.

Defence is well sketchy, but throw on our best attacking players and I think we can do well.

What do you guys see as Englands best XI for the Croatia game?

For me:

Pickford
James Stones Mings Shaws
Philips Rice
Foden Mount Grealish
Kane

I do prefer a 4-3-3 with the players we have, dropping philips for Bellingham or someone more attack minded. I imagine we will see the 4-2-3-1 because of the midfield threat Croatia possess. I hope Grealish starts - that man has impressed me a lot with his game and he draws in a lot of fouls which we should capitalize on. I hope Rashford doesn't start ahead of him, but I feel he will.
Old Yesterday, 2:56 pm
Oscar nominated

Old Yesterday, 3:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Cant wait for thousands of Scottish fans breaking into Yes Sir I Can Boogie before the kick off.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ir-Boogie.html
Old Yesterday, 7:10 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Thought I would have to stream it all though VPN iPlayer which our crummy 2Mb internet out in the sticks, but just found it's mostly all going to be shown in US ESPN - score!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.