British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Locker Room (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/)
-   -   The 2020-21 Football Thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/2020-21-football-thread-934438/)

Garbatellamike Jan 18th 2021 7:31 pm

Re: The 2020-21 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer (Post 12960618)
I wouldn't say we've had 62 shots in the last 4 games to be honest, they've got to be including random swipes at the ball that go nowhere near the goal. We just haven't created enough viable chances. Yesterday Firmino was terrible, his passing was way off the mark which is strange as he was just coming in to form when this poor run started. With the front 3 out of form it's time to give Minamino a chance for a few games in a row and see if he was a waste of money or not.

In other news I saw that City may be after Lukaku? That can't be true can it?

Spot on with Firmino - I wrote shots whereas I should have said goal attempts however inept!

I really hope it's just Lukakukukuku's agent trying to up his pay by linking him to Citeh - he gives the ball away more often the TAA so isn't Pep's type of player

Garbatellamike Jan 18th 2021 7:43 pm

Re: The 2020-21 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer (Post 12960737)
I'm guessing absolutely nothing? His contract is expiring and they're asking him to take a 50% pay cut, if he leaves on a free he can probably keep his current salary at his new club.

yeah I think you are right but he may want to head back to Argentina as he'll be 33 by the time his contract runs out. Citeh need a replacement for sure but may wait to the summer as there are rumours of a 200 mil summer kitty for a left back and to replace Aguero...

Whatever happens one will never forget that 93.20 Augerooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

DaveLovesDee Jan 18th 2021 8:59 pm

Re: The 2020-21 Football Thread
 
In other news, we're still shit, but beating Newcastle took us up to 11th.

SpoogleDrummer Jan 18th 2021 9:18 pm

Re: The 2020-21 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12960782)
In other news, we're still shit, but beating Newcastle took us up to 11th.

I was going to say 10th but as Villa are 1 point behind with 4 games in hand I guess you're correct.

Garbatellamike Jan 18th 2021 9:26 pm

Re: The 2020-21 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12960782)
In other news, we're still shit, but beating Newcastle took us up to 11th.

you were shit for 45 minutes but much better after the break to be fair

KJMW Jan 19th 2021 6:21 am

Re: The 2020-21 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12960797)
you were shit for 45 minutes but much better after the break to be fair

A win is a win. I'm quite content with a steady improvement. I wonder why people are so willing to slate their team with negative comment? Constructive criticism can help, abusive comment ,if read by someone within a set up can have disastrous results. The time for support is when they are down.

Gooner

Garbatellamike Jan 19th 2021 5:16 pm

Re: The 2020-21 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by KJMW (Post 12960906)
A win is a win. I'm quite content with a steady improvement. I wonder why people are so willing to slate their team with negative comment? Constructive criticism can help, abusive comment ,if read by someone within a set up can have disastrous results. The time for support is when they are down.

yeah you are right there

I wonder whether part of the issue is some of your fans still think the Big 4 should always finish in the top 4 like 15-20 years ago and are frustrated when you are in mid table and small clubs like Spurs, Foxes and Citeh are in the top 4 or even winning titles - stuck in the past maybe?

DaveLovesDee Jan 19th 2021 5:38 pm

Re: The 2020-21 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12961257)
yeah you are right there

I wonder whether part of the issue is some of your fans still think the Big 4 should always finish in the top 4 like 15-20 years ago and are frustrated when you are in mid table and small clubs like Spurs, Foxes and Citeh are in the top 4 or even winning titles - stuck in the past maybe?

City are not a small club...

Garbatellamike Jan 19th 2021 6:56 pm

Re: The 2020-21 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12961271)
City are not a small club...

well you say that but according to FL Citeh play on a pitch owned by the Council in front of no fans so must be a small club :p


Garbatellamike Jan 19th 2021 8:00 pm

Re: The 2020-21 Football Thread
 
well great athleticism by Pulisic there - fouled outside the box and managed to land beyond the penalty spot 7 yards in the box.......

SpoogleDrummer Jan 19th 2021 8:40 pm

Re: The 2020-21 Football Thread
 
Chelsea need to stop spending money on strikers, they just ruin their careers. Stick to goal scoring midfielders and wingers and they'll save themselves a fortune.

DaveLovesDee Jan 19th 2021 8:50 pm

Re: The 2020-21 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12961309)
well you say that but according to FL Citeh play on a pitch owned by the Council in front of no fans so must be a small club :p

Other than on Canadian immigration law and Man Utd, I'm not sure FL can be considered any more of an expert than I am, especially on Man City...

You've got mega-rich owners, a massive fan base, a 50,000+ -seater stadium and recent trophies. That's a big club in my opinion.

Garbatellamike Jan 19th 2021 9:11 pm

Re: The 2020-21 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer (Post 12961385)
Chelsea need to stop spending money on strikers, they just ruin their careers. Stick to goal scoring midfielders and wingers and they'll save themselves a fortune.

what like Salah and KdB?

Garbatellamike Jan 19th 2021 9:15 pm

Re: The 2020-21 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12961392)
Other than on Canadian immigration law and Man Utd, I'm not sure FL can be considered any more of an expert than I am, especially on Man City...

You've got mega-rich owners, a massive fan base, a 50,000+ -seater stadium and recent trophies. That's a big club in my opinion.

good points I'll be interested in FL's comeback....

PS Pommy and Jimbo are probably going to give me a kicking for calling Spurs a small club too........

DaveLovesDee Jan 19th 2021 9:26 pm

Re: The 2020-21 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12961400)
good points I'll be interested in FL's comeback....

PS Pommy and Jimbo are probably going to give me a kicking for calling Spurs a small club too........

I did specify recent trophies....


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:28 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.