British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Locker Room (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/)
-   -   The 2020-21 Football Thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/2020-21-football-thread-934438/)

BristolUK Jan 6th 2021 12:13 pm

Re: The 2020-21 Football Thread

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12954283)
RiP Nijinsky the finest player Citeh ever had. My boyhood hero died today.

Some photos for you
https://www.theguardian.com/football...fe-in-pictures

Garbatellamike Jan 6th 2021 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12954546)

cheers dude - much appreciated

Former Lancastrian Jan 6th 2021 7:37 pm

WTF 45 mins gone and we haven't been given a penalty:sneaky: Better 1st half than the previous EPL derby game. Nice to see both teams fielding their reserve teams for a meaningless cup semi.

Garbatellamike Jan 6th 2021 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 12954771)
WTF 45 mins gone and we haven't been given a penalty:sneaky: Better 1st half than the previous EPL derby game. Nice to see both teams fielding their reserve teams for a meaningless cup semi.

yeah much better than last game, which is probably due to both sides trying to win this time round.

Yernited front 4 working very hard on the press.

Shame Sterling dived instead of cutting it back to KdB.

Former Lancastrian Jan 6th 2021 8:42 pm

Oh well Citeh wanted it more. 4 x consecutive finals in this trophy and I think 6 out of the last 8. I was a bit pissed they didn't reschedule this for later as they announced the final would be in April before the semis were played.

Garbatellamike Jan 6th 2021 8:43 pm

Good game that for a derby. The difference was probably the quality of the defenders and Citeh keeping Fernandes quiet.

Henderson is an excellent keeper and made some great saves.

Not sure how Fatboy Shaw lasted 91 minutes before getting a card.

Martial and Sterling should both have been booked for cheating - pathetic

Garbatellamike Jan 6th 2021 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 12954814)
Oh well Citeh wanted it more. 4 x consecutive finals in this trophy and I think 6 out of the last 8. I was a bit pissed they didn't reschedule this for later as they announced the final would be in April before the semis were played.

Yeah we've won 20 of last 21 games in this comp - only loss was our youth team against Yernited first team under Jose (1-0).

Good game and great effort by Yernited players exempt Pogba who is an idle git

Garbatellamike Jan 6th 2021 9:04 pm

credit to OGS an honest man during his interview - well done sir

BristolUK Jan 6th 2021 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 12954814)

Some hope that they might be able to let people in wasn't it? At the rate the UK's going right now there may not be many left to go. :eek:

Former Lancastrian Jan 8th 2021 12:01 pm

I think our noisy neighbours over at the Emptyhad need to hire a better team of experts that deal with insecurities and self esteem problems as they have now resorted to buying the FA Cup. Even though they have put in excellent performances and soundly beaten several clubs over the last few weeks they don't seem to have the belief that they can win the FA Cup so in typical Citeh style they have resorted to buying it.

Manchester City owner Sheik Mansour secretly bought the oldest surviving FA Cupfor £760,000, Sportsmail can reveal.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...0-auction.html

Now we know or expect comments from the red half in the borough of
Stretford which really isn't in Manchester but apparently lots of comments from supporters of Victims FC (Liverpool) at the other end of the East Lancs Rd are chiming in as well

Man City buying trophies what's new hahahaha we don't need to buy real cups we have a real European Cup in our cabinet after winning it the 5th time which was the 1 before the sixth dream on mancs dream on hahahahaha

Well it is FA Cup weekend and I have my eye on one tie in particular Chorley V Derby County. Probably the most watched will be the Marine V Spurs match. On paper the Villa V Dippers game looked to be the big game but Villa have decided to give the Dippers a helping hand by announcing they will be playing only their under 23's and 18 team players. Surely we wanted to see Grealish torment TAA.

Garbatellamike Jan 8th 2021 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 12955757)
I think our noisy neighbours over at the Emptyhad need to hire a better team of experts that deal with insecurities and self esteem problems as they have now resorted to buying the FA Cup. Even though they have put in excellent performances and soundly beaten several clubs over the last few weeks they don't seem to have the belief that they can win the FA Cup so in typical Citeh style they have resorted to buying it.

Manchester City owner Sheik Mansour secretly bought the oldest surviving FA Cupfor £760,000, Sportsmail can reveal.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...0-auction.html

Now we know or expect comments from the red half in the borough of
Stretford which really isn't in Manchester but apparently lots of comments from supporters of Victims FC (Liverpool) at the other end of the East Lancs Rd are chiming in as well

Man City buying trophies what's new hahahaha we don't need to buy real cups we have a real European Cup in our cabinet after winning it the 5th time which was the 1 before the sixth dream on mancs dream on hahahahaha

Well it is FA Cup weekend and I have my eye on one tie in particular Chorley V Derby County. Probably the most watched will be the Marine V Spurs match. On paper the Villa V Dippers game looked to be the big game but Villa have decided to give the Dippers a helping hand by announcing they will be playing only their under 23's and 18 team players. Surely we wanted to see Grealish torment TAA.

:rofl:Good post and very well put together. However, you miss (deliberatly and with malice aforethought methinks ;)) the fact that theTrophy has been loaned to a Museum. Only the bitterest of people could criticise such an act of philanthropy but then one can't image ther Glazer conmen or the Fenway organized crime syndicate doing any good work that cost money :sneaky:.

Have you been waiting for an article you could spin to be critical of Citeh since the final whistle in the semi final?

Lots of interesting games this weekend - as you say will be interesting to see of Red Scouse continue to disrespect the FA cup now they've finally won the PL....

This will be a very interesting Season. Yernited in pole position in the League, Spurs looking to win their first trophy in a while having made a final and the FA cup starting for real now - loving it.

Garbatellamike Jan 8th 2021 1:17 pm

The club have purchased the oldest FA Challenge Cup known to exist, with club owner Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed making the winning bid at auction to secure the trophy. In a club statement, the blues announced that the trophy will be loaned to the National Football Museum in Manchester.

It was feared the trophy would be bought privately and taken out of the country, but Sheikh Mansour acted in order to keep the trophy in England. “Sheikh Mansour’s view is that a trophy of such cultural significance must be shared with the people of Manchester, the English football family, and all of those who love the English game. The National Football Museum is in a unique position to do that,” chairman Khaldoon al Mubarak said.

“This Cup is a visible reminder of the rich and long history of English football to which Manchester City is inextricably entwined,” he continued. “Winning this actual trophy in 1904 was a turning point for the Club and for the city of Manchester in that it firmly cemented football in the heart of its community.” it is worth noting that this switch from rugby to football later spread outside Manchester including to the borough of Trafford... :sneaky:

Former Lancastrian Jan 8th 2021 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12955772)
:rofl:Good post and very well put together. However, you miss (deliberatly and with malice aforethought methinks ;)) the fact that theTrophy has been loaned to a Museum. Only the bitterest of people could criticise such an act of philanthropy but then one can't image ther Glazer conmen or the Fenway organized crime syndicate doing any good work that cost money :sneaky:.

Have you been waiting for an article you could spin to be critical of Citeh since the final whistle in the semi final?

Lots of interesting games this weekend - as you say will be interesting to see of Red Scouse continue to disrespect the FA cup now they've finally won the PL....

This will be a very interesting Season. Yernited in pole position in the League, Spurs looking to win their first trophy in a while having made a final and the FA cup starting for real now - loving it.

:lol: What moi missing out on a critical piece of info that seems to put the Sheikhs into a good light or that they have genuinely invested in the club rather than using them as a toy or just a means to launder money? I don't know about pole position but we are definitely on the starting grid at the moment.

Garbatellamike Jan 8th 2021 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 12955843)
:lol: What moi missing out on a critical piece of info that seems to put the Sheikhs into a good light or that they have genuinely invested in the club rather than using them as a toy or just a means to launder money? I don't know about pole position but we are definitely on the starting grid at the moment.

1 Red Scouse 33 points from 17 games
2. Yernited 33 points from 16 win game in hand 36
3. Foxes 32 from 17
4 Spurs 29 from 16 win game in hand 32
5 Citeh 29 from 15 win both games in hand 35
6 Saints 29 from 17
7 Blue Scouse 29 from 16 win game in hand 32

To extend the F1 metaphor - Yernited on pole with Citeh or Red Scouse along side them Foxes/Spurs\Blue Scouse making up 2nd/3rd row, Saints top of the midfield battle and Arsenal impersonating Vettel in a Ferrari

BristolUK Jan 9th 2021 10:32 pm

Today I watched Everton vs Rotherham. Fell asleep after about 20 minutes. Didn't bother to rejoin match for the 2nd half.
Next up, QPR vs Fulham. Ditch water. Turned over, watched a bit of Stoke vs Leicester. Not much better.
Arsenal vs Newcastle started better but fell asleep again.
ManU vs Watford. Great start. Watford looking capable (or ManU falling away). Fell asleep.

The FA Cup used to be exciting didn't it?