British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Locker Room (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/)
-   -   The 2020-21 Football Thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/2020-21-football-thread-934438/)

Garbatellamike Jan 3rd 2021 4:25 pm

Re: The 2020-21 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 12953099)
Yup fancy him not giving Chelski that what looked like a penalty with that challenge from Rodri. Seen them given this season.

Yeah you are right - very unusual - he doesn't normally let the fact of Rodri playing the ball stop him giving it against Citeh.

The irony of a Yernited fan defending a referee who is a Yernited fan didn't escape me either :p.

Happy New Year btw

Former Lancastrian Jan 3rd 2021 4:40 pm

Re: The 2020-21 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12953100)
Yeah you are right - very unusual - he doesn't normally let the fact of Rodri playing the ball stop him giving it against Citeh.

The irony of a Yernited fan defending a referee who is a Yernited fan didn't escape me either :p.

Happy New Year btw

Thanks. A happy New Year for me would be 21 in 21 but that might be pie in the sky thinking, however 92 days ago we got spanked 6 - 1 at home and in November we were 9 points behind the Dippers. Just hope your lot are knackered on Wednesday night.

BristolUK Jan 3rd 2021 8:05 pm

Re: The 2020-21 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 12953099)
Yup fancy him not giving Chelski that what looked like a penalty with that challenge from Rodri. Seen them given this season.

Not to mention the lack of yellow cards for City for the same offences that immediately resulted in one for Kante. :nod:

DaveLovesDee Jan 3rd 2021 8:20 pm

Re: The 2020-21 Football Thread
 
In other footballing news, it's a game of two halves.... An apparent Farage-supporting Allardyce now unhappy at some of the Brexit rules....


Garbatellamike Jan 3rd 2021 8:31 pm

Re: The 2020-21 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12953226)
Not to mention the lack of yellow cards for City for the same offences that immediately resulted in one for Kante. :nod:

Whilst one is tempted to disagree one thinks in your defence you hate Citeh more than the cheat does..

Happy new year bud.

DaveLovesDee Jan 3rd 2021 8:51 pm

Re: The 2020-21 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12953082)
Citeh heading for a defeat this afternoon - playing against Anthony the cheat Taylor again

Well I guess that makes you wrong then, City won..... :p

You can appeal if you want to, though!

Garbatellamike Jan 3rd 2021 9:07 pm

Re: The 2020-21 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12953245)
Well I guess that makes you wrong then, City won..... :p

You can appeal if you want to, though!

:lol: thanks but I decline your offer to appeal. However, you are 100% right that I was wrong.

Celebrating a rare win against that Ref who, in fairness, refereed both sides to the same standard much to my surprise. He once managed an 11 game streak against us so definitely amazed at his new found apparent neutrality.

HNY Hooky

BristolUK Jan 3rd 2021 10:05 pm

Re: The 2020-21 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12953235)
Whilst one is tempted to disagree one thinks in your defence you hate Citeh more than the cheat does..

Happy new year bud.

Not sure what you mean by 'the cheat' but no matter. I just don't like the inconsistency. It was as if it was "right, that's enough, next foul gets yellow" - you know like in rugby, but then it's a player on the offending team (a team yellow card) rather than literally the next one. It makes as much sense as "next goal wins" when the score is 5-1 or something. :lol:

Happy new year to you too...but not that happy ;)


Garbatellamike Jan 3rd 2021 10:30 pm

Re: The 2020-21 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12953271)
Not sure what you mean by 'the cheat' but no matter. I just don't like the inconsistency. It was as if it was "right, that's enough, next foul gets yellow" - you know like in rugby, but then it's a player on the offending team (a team yellow card) rather than literally the next one. It makes as much sense as "next goal wins" when the score is 5-1 or something. :lol:

Happy new year to you too...but not that happy ;)

the cheat is Citeh fans fond way of describing that particular referee... if I type the other terms we use for him the moderators will ban me ...

BristolUK Jan 3rd 2021 11:03 pm

Re: The 2020-21 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12953279)
the cheat is Citeh fans fond way of describing that particular referee... if I type the other terms we use for him the moderators will ban me ...

Ah, right. Although I'm certain if the question was asked of many football fans and the answer was a referee, there would be at least 6 different names mentioned.

I forgot to mention...what a gorgeous finish from Foden.

Garbatellamike Jan 4th 2021 3:33 pm

Re: The 2020-21 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12953289)
Ah, right. Although I'm certain if the question was asked of many football fans and the answer was a referee, there would be at least 6 different names mentioned.

I forgot to mention...what a gorgeous finish from Foden.

Agree with you on the Foden finish that was impressive - if Sterling could finish like that he'd get 200 goals a year instead of 20


SpoogleDrummer Jan 4th 2021 7:11 pm

Re: The 2020-21 Football Thread
 
Christ on a bike Danny Murphy has been banging on about playing Henderson in defence rather than one of our "young" defenders for a while and now we're doing it and losing in the 2nd minute. Granted both the defenders have had issues trying to play people offside in previous games but they have to be better than playing 2 midfielders in defence. The fact that we probably won't sign a defender in January is worrying.

Garbatellamike Jan 4th 2021 8:07 pm

Re: The 2020-21 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer (Post 12953733)
Christ on a bike Danny Murphy has been banging on about playing Henderson in defence rather than one of our "young" defenders for a while and now we're doing it and losing in the 2nd minute. Granted both the defenders have had issues trying to play people offside in previous games but they have to be better than playing 2 midfielders in defence. The fact that we probably won't sign a defender in January is worrying.

Yeah thought that too. Henderson played them onside and they went in behind TAA knowing his defensive positioning is usual at Micah Richards standard.

I think Saints will regret not getting another 1 or 2 by the end though...

SpoogleDrummer Jan 4th 2021 8:33 pm

Re: The 2020-21 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12953754)
Yeah thought that too. Henderson played them onside and they went in behind TAA knowing his defensive positioning is usual at Micah Richards standard.

I think Saints will regret not getting another 1 or 2 by the end though...

I'm not sure about that, for the last few games we've been crossing blindly in to the box where we have had either no attackers or the box has been packed with defenders. We need to start shooting from outside the box to change things up a bit but it seems the only player we have capable of doing that is Ox and he's gone off already so I'd be surprised if we score at all.

Garbatellamike Jan 4th 2021 8:51 pm

Re: The 2020-21 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer (Post 12953769)
I'm not sure about that, for the last few games we've been crossing blindly in to the box where we have had either no attackers or the box has been packed with defenders. We need to start shooting from outside the box to change things up a bit but it seems the only player we have capable of doing that is Ox and he's gone off already so I'd be surprised if we score at all.

You may be right 89 minutes gone and only 1 effort on target


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:07 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.