British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Locker Room (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/)
-   -   The 2020-21 Football Thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/2020-21-football-thread-934438/)

DaveLovesDee May 9th 2021 2:17 pm

Re: The 2020-21 Football Thread

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 13004192)
I thought after 7 days he would be Walking Away or suffering from Insomnia. Fans could also nick one of Spurs songs seeing Spurs nicked on of theirs. Of course being PC I cant say which one but it involves an Army.

There's so much fun away fans could have at St Mary's if Craig David sponsored their shirts...

Former Lancastrian May 9th 2021 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 13004210)
There's so much fun away fans could have at St Mary's if Craig David sponsored their shirts...

Throw in Scamp buying a couple of pints and a curry then tick that off the Bucket List.

DaveLovesDee May 9th 2021 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 13004234)
Throw in Scamp buying a couple of pints and a curry then tick that off the Bucket List.

Well you'd never catch a Utd supporter buying anyone else a drink, so there's one thing in favour of Scamp :p

Former Lancastrian May 9th 2021 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 13004241)
Well you'd never catch a Utd supporter buying anyone else a drink, so there's one thing in favour of Scamp :p

Hard to buy drinks for people who are shit scared to travel north of the M25 and Northern bars aren't great at making girly drinks or cocktails or anything that doesn't come in a pint glass.

Mr Weeze May 9th 2021 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 13004245)
Hard to buy drinks for people who are shit scared to travel north of the M25 and Northern bars aren't great at making girly drinks or cocktails or anything that doesn't come in a pint glass.

They are called pubs up north. Bar? Get a grip man.

DaveLovesDee May 9th 2021 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 13004245)

So how come 30,000 Utd supporters managed it for home games before Covid? :p

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze (Post 13004250)
They are called pubs up north. Bar? Get a grip man.

FL's been gone so long, he been Americanised :p Just like his club.

Scamp May 10th 2021 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 13004234)

I'd buy you some beers and a cuzza. Or we just bin that off and get hospitality for Saints v United one year?

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 13004241)

Just remind me mate, apart from being the pint-buying legend of this thread, did we all agree $1,000 each as the bet for the fantasy league?

DaveLovesDee May 10th 2021 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 13004436)
Just remind me mate, apart from being the pint-buying legend of this thread, did we all agree $1,000 each as the bet for the fantasy league?

Winner pays out $1,000 to each of the other players :p

Sounds fair to me.

SpoogleDrummer May 10th 2021 9:38 pm

And Southampton are officially safe for another season.

Former Lancastrian May 11th 2021 3:59 pm

So how many changes for tonight? 9, 10 or 11?
Is OSG doing the maths and thinking 3 points for Lesta tonight might be enough to stop the Dippers playing in the CL next season?
He cant be seriously thinking Citeh will lose their remaining games and we are still in with a chance?
Surely Donny Van Der Bench Warmer gets a start tonight?

SpoogleDrummer May 11th 2021 6:42 pm

Robbie Fowler is apparently in talks about becoming Swindon manager so I went to see what his managerial record is like to see why he's not getting mentioned as a potential Liverpool manager one day. Holy shit he's terrible. Currently has a 15% win percentage at his current club, what on Earth are Swindon thinking?

Former Lancastrian May 11th 2021 7:03 pm

Stockport town centre absolutely buzzing at the moment. Chippy's extending their hours until midnight.

Scamp May 12th 2021 6:06 am

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer (Post 13004771)
And Southampton are officially safe for another season.

Saved by three teams being shitter than us.

The Southampton Way.

Former Lancastrian May 12th 2021 7:40 pm

Does this rule make sense or not.

Deliberate back pass by a defender results in the ball being handled by the keeper on the goal line. Rule says ball must be spotted on the 6 yard line so how do the defenders line up as they would be less than 10 yards from the ball if forming a wall in front of goal. Just happened in the Chavs game but luckily Arsenal scored before the whistle was blown for the free kick had they not scored.

Former Lancastrian May 12th 2021 9:36 pm

I don't know who has committed a bigger crime me for reading this article or the Chief Sports Writer for the Daily Star and person responsible for fact checking stories before being published.

Initially I was going to comment that if drinking Champagne then one should know that Pizza is not a refined choice to compliment Champagne unless of course it isn't real Champagne but Prosecco. Then I saw this written in the article
A previous Premier League trophy was unlocked from the bulging trophy cabinet and passed round the squad, before landing in the hands of Pep Guardiola.

Bit harsh on the carpenters/ cabinet maker's workmanship.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...pizza-24096662