Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The 2020-21 Football Thread

The 2020-21 Football Thread

Old Oct 3rd 2020, 12:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 2020-21 Football Thread

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
But didn't you know that an EU directive is forcing Dundalk to play the 'home' game in the North?
No I did not so thanks for the update. Did the EU directive stipulate if Tommy Flanagan the Dundalk head groundskeeper could paint the white lines or would he have to handover that job to Paddy O'Reilly or whoever is the head groundskeeper at the stadium they will play the game at?

Hey Dave couldn't they have played the game in Wales? Dundalk to Holyhead on the Ferry and then coach to Wrexham and you might have got a job as a steward/security. Arsenal being a big team would just take a private charter plane to Wrexham rather than faff about getting to god knows where in Northern Ireland for the game to be played at. Nearest ground would be Newry City FC at the Showgrounds.
Old Oct 3rd 2020, 1:58 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
Mane is the latest player to have a positive COVID test, bloody good job we signed Jota when we did.
That's two now then. Ominous
Old Oct 3rd 2020, 2:00 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
No I did not so thanks for the update. Did the EU directive stipulate if Tommy Flanagan the Dundalk head groundskeeper could paint the white lines or would he have to handover that job to Paddy O'Reilly or whoever is the head groundskeeper at the stadium they will play the game at?
I believe that with the border being in the sea, they will actually be playing water polo so no lines needed.
Old Oct 3rd 2020, 2:01 am
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
Hey Dave couldn't they have played the game in Wales? Dundalk to Holyhead on the Ferry and then coach to Wrexham and you might have got a job as a steward/security. Arsenal being a big team would just take a private charter plane to Wrexham rather than faff about getting to god knows where in Northern Ireland for the game to be played at. Nearest ground would be Newry City FC at the Showgrounds.
Arsenal are likely to fly into Dublin (or possibly one of Belfast's) airport, stay overnight in Dublin / Belfast, and be driven up the afternoon of the game if the game is played at Dundalk's ground. If the game is played at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin, it'll be easier.

Until the fans are back, the grounds I work at only need 10 stewards each matchday instead of 120+. We're not expecting that to change before December under current guidelines.

Old Oct 3rd 2020, 7:08 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

10 minutes to go, but the Leeds v City game has been great entertainment.
Best game of the season do far.

Last edited by kimilseung; Oct 3rd 2020 at 7:20 pm.
Old Oct 3rd 2020, 10:41 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
10 minutes to go, but the Leeds v City game has been great entertainment.
Best game of the season do far.
Yep. During the Liverpool-Leeds match they were saying how good it was but I didn't think so. Excellent game today.

Good to see Mike Dean got rid of the beard.
Old Oct 4th 2020, 8:27 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
Where is Scamp, I need to gloat? Son and Kane were fantastic, not sure we really need Gareth now, but I guess we'll be able to squeeze in him into our first 11 somewhere. Oh and someone needs to sort that handball rule, whilst the human body still has arms these 'handballs' are going to occur in nearly every match.

Looks like COVID is ramping up again and the plans to allow the partial opening of stadiums to fans has been put on hold, God I miss going to football....
Foolishly hadn't looked for a new football thread since the season restarted.

Gloat away my lovely, we deserve it for persisting with a high line against a fast attack. Quite what we were thinking was beyond me, let alone to persevere with it. Still, we march on and the win against Burnley was a bloody great result for us and much needed.

Anyway, West Brom today, they should be ripe for a dicking but no doubt we'll lose by a goal having dominated possession along our back-four.

Could be worse though, could support Leeds who are now admired by most of the football community, not just hipsters. They must be struggling to support a club that isn't universally hated, I'm entirely certain the average Leeds fan doesn't have the mental capacity to cope with such a swing and change. The sooner Bielsa goes the quicker they can revert to being hated and the world will be back in balance.
Old Oct 4th 2020, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

Chelsea.First half very poor frankie must have thrown the tea pot out the window at half time.Did we see the real chelsea second half i hope so.can everton be the dark horse? i hope so,everton -liverpool ho.ho in two weeks .Leeds-city great game leeds another dark horse? oh yes.And saints 4th game and already a must win,we will see where our season is going today,i think another struggle come on you saintsI hope after another few more games we might see 8-10 teams who have a chance of europe some good games this afternoon,i can see a great season coming let's hope the crowds are back very soon
Old Oct 4th 2020, 11:19 am
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
let's hope the crowds are back very soon
From what we're being told by the clubs we steward at is that they don't expect to see crowds back for at least 4-6 weeks, as those clubs, though they play in the Championship, are still subject to Welsh government rules.
Old Oct 4th 2020, 5:02 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else enjoying the Man U shambles?
Old Oct 4th 2020, 5:04 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Old Oct 4th 2020, 5:06 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
👍 It’s only Spurs, lads.....
Old Oct 4th 2020, 5:14 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

There was me thinking my shadenfreude levels had been depleted, after this week's lead news, but I have discovered some reserve storage.
Old Oct 4th 2020, 5:20 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

You’ve got the ability to go look at a pitch side monitor - why not go use it for such a decision in a crowd?
Old Oct 4th 2020, 5:21 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

But yes, I am enjoying it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.