Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The 2020-21 Football Thread

The 2020-21 Football Thread

Old Apr 7th 2021, 7:58 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 2020-21 Football Thread

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Apparently Madrid used TAA as a cone.
pretty much
Old Apr 7th 2021, 9:42 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure who you're trying to convince that Trent is poor defensively? We already knew that but his attacking play usually makes up for it so long as the center backs are able to cope, unfortunately we know Nat Phillips is slow so he will get outpaced in games so Trent needs to be better than he is defensively and that's not a quick fix so the season was really written off when we didn't sign 2 center backs in January that were on par with Matip and Gomez and ready to go. We've already been linked to another defender or two for the summer so I suspect either Matip and Kabak will be leaving which will be harsh on Kabak as we've seen players learn from VVD and get better and he hasn't had that chance.

As for Trent going to the Euros, I'm not sure what the fuss is about, going to the England squad is what did Gomez in, I'd much rather Trent go nowhere near it and I don't want VVD going off with the Dutch team either.

I wish Gini's future could be cleared up though, he's very much in danger of doing the same as Reina, looking like he's going to Barca, we make plans to go on without them and then Barca don't try to sign him and he ends up ****ed.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 5:59 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
I'm not sure who you're trying to convince that Trent is poor defensively? We already knew that but his attacking play usually makes up for it so long as the center backs are able to cope, unfortunately we know Nat Phillips is slow so he will get outpaced in games so Trent needs to be better than he is defensively and that's not a quick fix so the season was really written off when we didn't sign 2 center backs in January that were on par with Matip and Gomez and ready to go. We've already been linked to another defender or two for the summer so I suspect either Matip and Kabak will be leaving which will be harsh on Kabak as we've seen players learn from VVD and get better and he hasn't had that chance.

As for Trent going to the Euros, I'm not sure what the fuss is about, going to the England squad is what did Gomez in, I'd much rather Trent go nowhere near it and I don't want VVD going off with the Dutch team either.

I wish Gini's future could be cleared up though, he's very much in danger of doing the same as Reina, looking like he's going to Barca, we make plans to go on without them and then Barca don't try to sign him and he ends up ****ed.
To answer your first question - Bristol - who claimed I made up TAA's defensive weakness and then said TAA had Sterling in his pocket all afternoon......

I think you analysis is sound on why he needs to improve given the rest of your defence. I think when VvD and Henderson play you can cover for him being a crap defender and he still brings much to your offensive game.

I think the comments by Klopp, Carragher et al about him being the best right back in the world and he should be in the England squad were wrong and disrespectful to Trippier, James, Walker, Wan Bisaka, Justin et al who are much more deserving of a place in the squad on current form. TAa is a good player but some of the hype around him is ridiculous particularly when he does his impression of a training cone in defence....

So in sum, I'm not having a pop at you red scouse lot on here just the Anti-citeh fan who has suceeded in irritating me with his stupidity....

Hope that clears it up?

Old Apr 8th 2021, 8:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder what the result would have been if we had played the BBC? Should be an interesting back 4 for the return leg.
Old Yesterday, 2:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Stop taking the piss Citeh you know we won't make up 3 points tomorrow.
Old Yesterday, 4:01 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
Stop taking the piss Citeh you know we won't make up 3 points tomorrow.
missed it as was playing golf so can't comment on the game