Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The 2019-2020 Football Thread

The 2019-2020 Football Thread

Old Dec 17th 2019, 10:58 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 2019-2020 Football Thread

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
How did Bournemouth manage that? I assume they had the groundskeeper playing with their current injury list.
Good question, injury list is insane. The return of Josh King made a big difference, that and a team who are finally showing some belief.

Anyway peeps, what we all up to for Christmas? For the first time in years, we're at home just the 4 of us. Down the beach with the dog in the morning, followed by lunch (the old man is threatening to cook). The daughter will probably pop off in the evening to see the boyfriend, the son will probably be glued to his phone, so I'll settle down to Corrie and Gavin and Stacey with a brandy or two. See the Cherries smash Arse-nil Boxing Day, then round to friends. Tree and decs will be down on 27th and I will be looking forward to spring and summer hols in some sunshine!

Anyone doing anything exciting?
Old Dec 17th 2019, 12:08 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Genuine lol.

Genuine what the mighty ****. I saw this scrolling this morning. They honestly wonder why they have a problem and get a shit load of abuse for being a nation of racists. It's utterly beyond me. Scum.
yep the amount of racism in Italy will shock any Brit going to live there
Old Dec 17th 2019, 2:59 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
Good question, injury list is insane. The return of Josh King made a big difference, that and a team who are finally showing some belief.

Anyway peeps, what we all up to for Christmas? For the first time in years, we're at home just the 4 of us. Down the beach with the dog in the morning, followed by lunch (the old man is threatening to cook). The daughter will probably pop off in the evening to see the boyfriend, the son will probably be glued to his phone, so I'll settle down to Corrie and Gavin and Stacey with a brandy or two. See the Cherries smash Arse-nil Boxing Day, then round to friends. Tree and decs will be down on 27th and I will be looking forward to spring and summer hols in some sunshine!

Stopping here, got the in-laws in so we pop about on day trips. If it’s warm during Christmas week I’ll stick the pool heater on and go for a Christmas swim. I might stick some meat in the smoker for Christmas dinner too.
Old Dec 17th 2019, 3:17 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

off to Scotland for Christmas to visit realitives, then down to Sussex for NY to visit the other lot then in January buggering off to Spain for a couple of weeks warmer weather
Old Dec 17th 2019, 3:23 pm
Open the pod bay doors...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze View Post
I might stick some meat in the smoker for Christmas dinner too.

Spoiler:
I'm trying to be serious
Spoiler:
and I'm failing
Old Dec 17th 2019, 3:37 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post

Spoiler:
I'm trying to be serious
Spoiler:
and I'm failing
We always have beef Wellington, so I might do something different, that’s all.
Old Dec 17th 2019, 4:46 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Not travelling anywhere for the first time in a few years.

I'm off work from the 23rd through to Jan 2nd so mainly just enjoying/enduring the Premier League program. Drinking beer and will try and hit one of the local snowboarding hills a couple of days.

Looking forward to the break.
Old Dec 17th 2019, 8:06 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

I'm doing the same thing we do every year and staying at home, we might have to visit some of the wife's family though as they've had a few health issues so best to see them before they pop their clogs.

I'm currently watching the Liverpool Villa match, it's weird as I can probably only name about 5 people on the entire pitch, and none of them are Villa players. Also how is Herbie Kane only 21? His hairline makes him look mid 40s.
Old Dec 17th 2019, 8:35 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

4-0 at half time, pretty much gone as expected. I doubt we'll ever see more than 1 or 2 of these players anywhere near the first team. It's crazy to think Kelleher has a Champions League winner's medal.
Old Dec 18th 2019, 12:47 am
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

4-0 at half time, pretty much gone as expected. I doubt we'll ever see more than 1 or 2 of these players anywhere near the first team. It's crazy to think Kelleher has a Champions League winner's medal.
Van den Berg was 1 million, rising to 4 million. I still haven't caught up that that isn't a lot of money.
Old Dec 18th 2019, 5:33 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

We're staying in Dubai to enjoy the warm weather and quiet. I will be grateful the entire year for not having to be at Heathrow this week, on the M3, inside a supermarket or anywhere near West Quay. I'm 3,500 miles from Mummy and that's sad, but it's sunny, warm and I'll be golfing and drinking like a true John Daly.

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
yep the amount of racism in Italy will shock any Brit going to live there
****ing mental.

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze View Post
I might stick some meat in the smoker for Christmas dinner too.
'the smoker'....nice, I call my mrs 'the washer'.
Old Dec 18th 2019, 7:49 pm
You aint seen me, right?

I think Klopp was pushing it a bit there, if you only have 3 defenders available why would you decide to only play 2 of them? I know he wants to rest people but if we'd lost that match we'd have still had to play in the 3rd place playoff so I'd rather he put out a stronger side and finish the game off earlier.
Old Dec 18th 2019, 10:24 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Well an interesting game. We started out shite and got worse. Then in the last half an hour actually started to play some decent football and started to fight back. To get two goals back to take it to penalties is not something that would have happened under Silva. Another good game for Big Dunc, and I think all the ball boys need to be getting danger money.

But ultimately we lost on penalties which is not a surprise. Fair play to Lesta, they're a good side and have a good chance of winning the whole thing.
Old Dec 18th 2019, 11:16 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I think Klopp was pushing it a bit there, if you only have 3 defenders available why would you decide to only play 2 of them? I know he wants to rest people but if we'd lost that match we'd have still had to play in the 3rd place playoff so I'd rather he put out a stronger side and finish the game off earlier.
So van Dijk was ill.

Does anyone else think that "ill" seems to be an increasing reason for players missing games this season? Unless it was several players coming down with something I only remember it being used when a transfer out was in the offing and illness (or a "mild strain") was used to explain omission for the player protected from injury and breakdown of transfer.

There must have been at least a dozen instances of layers missing through illness this season.
Old Dec 19th 2019, 7:13 pm
You aint seen me, right?

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
So van Dijk was ill.

Does anyone else think that "ill" seems to be an increasing reason for players missing games this season? Unless it was several players coming down with something I only remember it being used when a transfer out was in the offing and illness (or a "mild strain") was used to explain omission for the player protected from injury and breakdown of transfer.

There must have been at least a dozen instances of layers missing through illness this season.
I've noticed that, as soon as I saw Pogba was sick the other day I assumed he was just trying for a January move. I guess it's possible Van Dijk is upset he hasn't got a new contract yet but if so he's been very quiet and professional about it, he's also played more games than any of our other defenders so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on this one and believing he is actually sick.

In other news I see we've signed Minamino already, it's crazy that we've got him for 7.25M yet United are being linked to Haaland for 75M. How can he possibly be worth that when he hasn't had a platform to prove it?

Last edited by SpoogleDrummer; Dec 19th 2019 at 7:17 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.