Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The 2019-2020 Football Thread

The 2019-2020 Football Thread

Old Dec 10th 2019, 4:57 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 2019-2020 Football Thread

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
Mate, this isn't the first time you've singled him out for criticism. You've referred to him as a "vicious, young thug" before now, and have been having digs at him for at least the last couple of seasons. It does seem personal to me.
no more than Sterling, Sala, Ronaldo, Kolarov or any other serial cheat. Good player who could be very good if he cuts out the violence and diving and plays football to the best of his ability, which I hope he does. I give Jones more stick and even the Yernited posse now agree with me that he is utter horse's doo dah
Old Dec 10th 2019, 5:03 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
no more than Sterling, Sala, Ronaldo, Kolarov or any other serial cheat. Good player who could be very good if he cuts out the violence and diving and plays football to the best of his ability, which I hope he does. I give Jones more stick and even the Yernited posse now agree with me that he is utter horse's doo dah
Salah seems to have cut it out for now, Mane seems to have taken over though.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 5:08 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
Salah seems to have cut it out for now, Mane seems to have taken over though.
yes did see a couple recently from Mane who also dosen't need to do it as he's one of the best in the world

I do bear grudges for quite a while so Salah will need to keep it up for a while yet before I accept his cheating days are behind him. I was hoping VAR would erridicate cheating but have been disappointed so far
Old Dec 10th 2019, 5:20 pm
I'm Not Dead Yet!

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

yes did see a couple recently from Mane who also doesn't need to do it as he's one of the best in the world

I do bear grudges for quite a while so Salah will need to keep it up for a while yet before I accept his cheating days are behind him. I was hoping VAR would eradicate cheating but have been disappointed so far
VAR was supposed to help resolve lots of issues, but has fixed them about as well as the Tories have fixed the NHS......
Old Dec 10th 2019, 5:27 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

It just seems strange be DCL doesn't have a reputation as a diver or cheat. I can only think of a few Reds that talked about him diving for a penalty a couple of years ago, other than that you're the only person I know who talks about him like this. If you were talking about Ricarlison and diving, then fair enough. The criticism of Jones is different as that is about his (lack of) talent.
Old Dec 10th 2019, 5:48 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
It just seems strange be DCL doesn't have a reputation as a diver or cheat. I can only think of a few Reds that talked about him diving for a penalty a couple of years ago, other than that you're the only person I know who talks about him like this. If you were talking about Ricarlison and diving, then fair enough. The criticism of Jones is different as that is about his (lack of) talent.
it may just be against us he cheats then I don't watch your lot that often tbh
Old Dec 10th 2019, 5:49 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
VAR was supposed to help resolve lots of issues, but has fixed them about as well as the Tories have fixed the NHS......
I don't disagree but let's keep this thread on sport and leave the politics elsewhere mate
Old Dec 10th 2019, 5:51 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

anyway talking of sport I'm off to the pub to play darts so will catch up with you lovely people later....
Old Dec 11th 2019, 2:37 am
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder how long Ancelotti will be out of work now Napoli have sacked him. I'd put him above Emery in the pecking order.
Old Dec 11th 2019, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

My thought are diving is now such a part of football it has become a tactic to us to give your team an advantage which every team uses.Part of watching a game now is slowing down the action to see if one player has touched another.var i don't like at present diving and conning the ref i hate ,but that is football and the football is fantastic.saints -west ham saturday another must win for us,come on you saints
Old Dec 11th 2019, 1:22 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
I wonder how long Ancelotti will be out of work now Napoli have sacked him. I'd put him above Emery in the pecking order.
I expect he'll be at Arsenal or Everton by this time next week.
Old Dec 15th 2019, 6:01 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Good game with Wolves. They are a very good team so it was nice to knick the points and pass them in the league.

Still struggling with the Mourinho appointment but he in a short space of time has got some handle on the poor defending that had beset the club in 2019.

It's going to be an interesting Christmas period starting with that massive game with Chelsea next weekend.

I have a sneaky suspicion that Eriksen will be gone very early in the January window and we may see one or two bought in.

Last edited by JamesM; Dec 15th 2019 at 7:43 pm.
Old Dec 16th 2019, 4:14 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
Good game with Wolves. They are a very good team so it was nice to knick the points and pass them in the league.

Still struggling with the Mourinho appointment but he in a short space of time has got some handle on the poor defending that had beset the club in 2019.

It's going to be an interesting Christmas period starting with that massive game with Chelsea next weekend.

I have a sneaky suspicion that Eriksen will be gone very early in the January window and we may see one or two bought in.
Chelsea are a wounded rat at the moment too. Wouldn't want to face them next.

We're all sorts of ****ed.

West Ham are the kind of side who come to the home of football (St Mary's) and are bigger, stronger and quicker than us about everywhere on the park. We took a full 45 minutes to realise we were playing football, thankfully Ralph hoiked that useless lump of vaginal discharge Redmond from the field and we looked immediately better.

How we didn't come away with something is beyond me but we survived a blatant VAR cock up for a penalty in the first half so I don't know if I should be feeling lucky or not give a shit.

Anyway, **** West Ham, horrid club, horrid fans. It's between us, Norwich, Watford, Brighton and Villa I think. Let's hope 3 of them try really hard to be worse than us....again.
Old Dec 16th 2019, 10:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

So CL draw for last 16 done

Real Madrid V Citeh
Atletico Madrid V Red Scouse
Chelsea V Bayern Munich
Spurs V RB Leipzig
Old Dec 16th 2019, 2:15 pm
I'm Not Dead Yet!

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
So CL draw for last 16 done

Real Madrid V Citeh
Atletico Madrid V Red Scouse
Chelsea V Bayern Munich
Spurs V RB Leipzig
City have a tough one, Liverpool should win both legs if they don't lose any players, Chelsea will be lucky to win either leg, and Spurs should go through.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.