Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The 2019-2020 Football Thread

The 2019-2020 Football Thread

Old Dec 5th 2019, 4:21 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 2019-2020 Football Thread

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
I'm sure that Silva will be gone any time now. But if replacement really is Moyes then sack the fcking board as well. We've been varying degrees of shite ever since Moshiri took over and it isn't though a lack of new players. The problems go much deeper than the manager. Marcel Brands is touted as a genius at what he does, and in bringing in players he's done well, but his role is much more than that, and now it's time for him to prove it.
I said the same about our setup when Rogers got sacked, turns out it was just Rogers that was the problem as Klopp embraced the setup and it's worked well. Maybe you need a manager with more experience abroad who is used to that sort of arrangement.

I can understand why you wouldn't want Moyes back but would you say any of your managers actually made any progress since he left? I thought the fans have made it clear they don't want Moyes back though so it would be a doomed move if they did hire him much like us getting Woy when Dalglish had already said he wanted the job, the fans never gave him a chance.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 5:10 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
I said the same about our setup when Rogers got sacked, turns out it was just Rogers that was the problem as Klopp embraced the setup and it's worked well. Maybe you need a manager with more experience abroad who is used to that sort of arrangement.

I can understand why you wouldn't want Moyes back but would you say any of your managers actually made any progress since he left? I thought the fans have made it clear they don't want Moyes back though so it would be a doomed move if they did hire him much like us getting Woy when Dalglish had already said he wanted the job, the fans never gave him a chance.
Well we had Koeman who was supposed to be the guy with the experience with that sort of setup, but the DoF at that time was Walsh, who didn't have a clue what the job was all about. He's a decent scout, but nothing better than that. Maybe if Brands had been in place at the time it could have worked out better. But no, none of the managers have worked out any better since Moyes left. Martinez looked like he might at first as he got lucky in bringing in Lukaku and the team not forgetting everything about defending that Moyes had taught, but then it soon went tits up. There still hasn't been a real replacement for Lukaku and that's on the club. If a team doesn't have a striker that can consistently put the ball in the back of the net, then it doesn't matter how much you spend on the rest of the team, you're never going to compete with the top teams.

Moyes would just be a massive backward step. The only reason it was relatively successful when he was there before is because Kenwright gave him complete control over the team and buying and selling. That's clearly changed. But you could also see towards the end of his time that we were never going to get any better than best of the rest, and Moyes hasn't done anything since he left to show that that has changed. Rather it's been a string of failures. So no I don't think the fans would ever give him a chance, he would probably be treated like BFS, which is a shame because it would tarnish his legacy as he did a good job at stabilizing the club when we didn't have a pot to piss in.

I don't know who the next manager should be, there aren't many names out there that I can think of. Someone like Poch would fit the bill, but I don't know if that's realistic. But then again I'm not the guy paid a lot of money to figure that out. That guy is Brands, and he better not fck it up.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 6:23 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing official, but the word is Silva has gone. No surprise there. Who replaces him will be a sign of what the ambition of the club really is.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 6:25 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing official, but the word is Silva has gone. No surprise there. Who replaces him will be a sign of what the ambition of the club really is.
https://www.skysports.com/football/n...verpool-defeat
Old Dec 5th 2019, 6:45 pm
I love my brick!

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
Yeah, it's official now. I know it's a bit leftfield, but thinking about it I reckon Rafa would do a good job for us. I know the connection with the Kopites would put some fans off, but he did a good job at Newcastle and has great experience. Doubt it would happen though.

Big Dunc in temporary charge. I wonder if he fancies a game himself. Would probably be better than the other strikers we have.

Last edited by zargof; Dec 5th 2019 at 6:47 pm.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 7:27 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know who the next manager should be, there aren't many names out there that I can think of. Someone like Poch would fit the bill, but I don't know if that's realistic. But then again I'm not the guy paid a lot of money to figure that out. That guy is Brands, and he better not fck it up.
Apparently as part of Poch's 12 million quid severance he is not allowed to take a job at another Premier league club this season.

I'm not sure if that is true but I've read it a few times and sounds like the sort of clause Levy would insert.

My guess is once Spurs have played Bayern next week that Poch will be unearthed as their new gaffer.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 7:36 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, it's official now. I know it's a bit leftfield, but thinking about it I reckon Rafa would do a good job for us. I know the connection with the Kopites would put some fans off, but he did a good job at Newcastle and has great experience. Doubt it would happen though.

Big Dunc in temporary charge. I wonder if he fancies a game himself. Would probably be better than the other strikers we have.
Duncandisorderly in management who'd have thought that....

like Arse... keep your hands off Arteta
Old Dec 5th 2019, 8:56 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

did my eyes decieve me or did Luiz just get beaten to a header by someone 4' 10"???
Old Dec 5th 2019, 9:27 pm
I'm Not Dead Yet!

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Everton want Vitor Pereira as Marco Silva's replacement

Curruntly managing Shangai SIPG, and was considered to replace Moyes in 2013 before Martinez got the job. Apparently, he's also one of the highest paid coaches in the world.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 10:04 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Apparently, he's also one of the highest paid coaches in the world.
That doesn't mean he's good, just that he works in China.

Old Dec 6th 2019, 12:54 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Wayne Rooney to take over at Everton after his stint at Derby.
Old Dec 6th 2019, 2:31 am
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

11th?!? Something is very wrong
Old Dec 6th 2019, 3:03 am
You aint seen me, right?

I just read that Pardew is interested in the Everton job, surely he has no chance?
Old Dec 6th 2019, 6:39 am
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Everton want Vitor Pereira as Marco Silva's replacement

Curruntly managing Shangai SIPG, and was considered to replace Moyes in 2013 before Martinez got the job. Apparently, he's also one of the highest paid coaches in the world.
Força Portugal!
Old Dec 7th 2019, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

My sky super 6 predictions
Bournemouth 0-2 Liverpool
Spurs 3-1 Burnley
Watford 1-2 Crystal palace
Cardiff 2-0 Barnsley
Fulham 2-0 Bristol city
Sheff Wednesday 1-1 Brentford
As a side note i think Watford and Everton have made good decisions,Nigel is a better manager than people give him credit,big Dunc everton through and through hard and uncompromising.I am now a little worried that both will put a run together,maybe temporary but could be an inspired choices.Come on you saints

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.