Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The 2019-2020 Football Thread

The 2019-2020 Football Thread

Old Nov 30th 2019, 7:48 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 2019-2020 Football Thread

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
Will that mean Scamp and El Collado Kid will be posting about how the title race is now on?
I don't think so but you never know
Old Nov 30th 2019, 11:46 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
None but NY Citeh might get there

yeah you can taste the bitterness and he seems to think Uzbeck oil money is better than Arab oil money or Russian oil money.

I only mentioned the trophy count to illustrate the fact that the days of the Big 4 dominating the league are over with Citeh, Foxes and Spurs to name but 3 playing at that level for the last few years.

I am aware Citeh rent a pitch from the council and have very few fans and are a small club by definition but do get irritable when people portray a sense of entitlement to be considered a big club particularly when they are playing shite..
Leicester, Everton and Wolves all have solid backing now and with the right organization and infrastructure will make things more competitive.

The "Big" club thing is a nonsense. I'd rather have proper fans than plastic ones.

There are seven clubs in Europe I regard as "Super" clubs. Not because they win trophies but because they are able to pay multiple players ridiculous sums of money. In no particular order these clubs are:
United, City, Chelsea, Bayern, Madrid, Barca and Paris.

It does seem that the Chelsea money days are over though and with Ronaldo and Aaron Ramsey getting massive deals at Juve I'd elevate them into the category.

There is of course a correlation between "Super" clubs, high wages and trophies but United are becoming the exception to the rule.

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
I wish I were pretending but the fact is we've been in better positions than this with much less of the season remaining and we've messed them up. If Leceister beat Everton tomorrow then we're still only 8 points ahead of them so nothing will have changed since last week.
If Leicester- and this is a long shot- do keep the pressure up and Liverpool hit a patch it may get interesting. I remember the exceptional goodwill and bias shown to Leicester when Tottenham found themselves in the chase.

I don't see it though as Liverpool have too much quality to fall away. If Robertson and Alexander Arnold get injured at the same time it might be interesting but no one else in the league is playing well enough to make the ground up on Liverpool.

Last edited by JamesM; Nov 30th 2019 at 11:48 pm.
Old Dec 1st 2019, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

What a win.I was shocked at the empty seats never seen it like that before.football was poor all round.But 3 points it was hard to watch and the winning goal wow!now as long as the goonies and leicester do it today it will have been a good week.roll on wednesday come on you saints
Old Dec 1st 2019, 9:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
What a win.I was shocked at the empty seats never seen it like that before.football was poor all round.But 3 points it was hard to watch and the winning goal wow!now as long as the goonies and leicester do it today it will have been a good week.roll on wednesday come on you saints
Obviously you have never been to the Emptyhad then Come on Mike you knew I couldn't leave that alone.
Old Dec 1st 2019, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The 2019-2020 Football Thread

Obviously you have never been to the Emptyhad then Come on Mike you knew I couldn't leave that alone.
Do you mean the great city?they are 11 points behind liverpool yeah i know just above the saints and do not forget the theatre of empty dreams utd as well come on you saints
Old Dec 1st 2019, 4:18 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

it's a low blow but entirely expected banter we like our empty council house
Old Dec 1st 2019, 4:20 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
Do you mean the great city?they are 11 points behind liverpool yeah i know just above the saints and do not forget the theatre of empty dreams utd as well come on you saints
yeah Citeh is struggling this year compared to last 2 years but still doing better than many others....
Old Dec 1st 2019, 5:44 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

It would be very Everton to be utter shite all season and then beat all the top teams and Arsenal in December.
Old Dec 1st 2019, 6:36 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
It would be very Everton to be utter shite all season and then beat all the top teams and Arsenal in December.
it would be very Everton to lose in the 7th of 3 added minutes too....
Old Dec 1st 2019, 6:40 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
You’re safe. You’ll still beat the arse though.
Old Dec 1st 2019, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

namsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
I didn't mention levels at all you plonker reread the thread. I'll leave the arrogance to you as you're better at it
yes, you did. lool.
Old Dec 1st 2019, 8:31 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by namsbabe View Post
yes, you did. lool.
oh no I didn't read the thread as advised earlier... how hard can it be?

Clue for you... it wasn't just you and me posting Rodney
Old Dec 1st 2019, 8:32 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Jose Mourinho was sacked by Manchester United last season after collecting 26 points from his first 17 games.

After today, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has 18 from 14.

just saying
Old Dec 1st 2019, 9:39 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Went to the match at the Lane yesterday. What a cracking stadium. Did our usual of going ahead early and then conceding. Relieved to get the 3 points. The Cherries did well Eddie made some clever changes from the team who lost to Wolves.

Did a bit of shopping up West before the game, if anyone is thinking of going to Oxford St this side of Christmas, do yourself a favour and don’t. And give the Winter Wonderland at Hyde Park a big fat swerve too. Busy doesn’t begin to cover it.

Final word for Benik Afobe, heard today his 2 year old daughter died in hospital on Friday evening. Terribly tragic.

Old Dec 1st 2019, 10:05 pm
Open the pod bay doors...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
Final word for Benik Afobe, heard today his 2 year old daughter died in hospital on Friday evening. Terribly tragic.
Yeah, very tragic. #RIP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.