Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The 2019-2020 Football Thread

The 2019-2020 Football Thread

Old Nov 14th 2019, 6:29 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 2019-2020 Football Thread

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
That's just sad. Citeh got away with a fine last time they did this. A big ban should have happened this time, as it's clear Citeh didn't learn.
I think there were 2 issues for UEFA this time
1. the "evidence" was obtained by illegal hacking and the context is dubious
2. the "investigation" was rushed and had issues with statute of limitations that precluded it being impartial and the corrupt tosser leading the investigation leaked things to the press furthet demonstrating the lack of impartiality.

both of these mean Citeh are happy to go to CAS as they know they'll win

similarly last time Platini negotiated a fine with Citeh 2/3 of which was never paid to avoid a legal challenge that FFP was illegal under European law, which it most probably is

Methinks it was UEFA that didn't learn not Citeh
Old Nov 14th 2019, 10:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Premier League fans inside stadiums will get more detailed information about VAR checks starting from next month.
The decision was agreed by the Premier League and the PGMOL, the referees' association, at Thursday's stakeholder meeting.
For instance, under the new guidelines a message will appear on the big screens saying 'Checking Penalty - Possible Handball', rather than just, 'Checking Penalty
https://www.skysports.com/football/n...ke-var-changes

Loosely translated the VAR is checking the size of the brown envelope handed over and the one with the most money in it gets the decision.
Old Nov 14th 2019, 10:26 pm
Jigsaw

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
Premier League fans inside stadiums will get more detailed information about VAR checks starting from next month.
The decision was agreed by the Premier League and the PGMOL, the referees' association, at Thursday's stakeholder meeting.
For instance, under the new guidelines a message will appear on the big screens saying 'Checking Penalty - Possible Handball', rather than just, 'Checking Penalty
https://www.skysports.com/football/n...ke-var-changes

Loosely translated the VAR is checking the size of the brown envelope handed over and the one with the most money in it gets the decision.
And what about those games where neither Man City or Spurs are involved
Old Nov 14th 2019, 10:32 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

ah so that's how the red scouse do it! I did wonder why different rules apply to them
Old Nov 14th 2019, 10:33 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

I see England fans decided to boo Joe Gomez, I assume it's because he didn't take the chance to give Sterling a beating when it was offered to him on a plate.
Old Nov 14th 2019, 10:35 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
I see England fans decided to boo Joe Gomez, I assume it's because he didn't take the chance to give Sterling a beating when it was offered to him on a plate.
well there's no excuse is there?
Old Nov 15th 2019, 1:33 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
Shows you the fickleness of England fans,

You can guarantee it was the same lot who were criticizing and booing Sterling several years ago.

I enjoy watching the national side and this England squad is getting better and better.

I can't stand the general England fan though.
Old Nov 15th 2019, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

This article is just crying out for the comments section to get as many replies as it can get

Pep Guardiola personally writes to EVERY one of the 114 Man City fans who travelled to their Champions League game in Ukraine and invites them to the return fixture for a night of club hospitality

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...d-Ukraine.html

So if it had been a home game I guess Pep would have written another 50 letters then

Fair play to Pep though for that gesture.
Old Nov 16th 2019, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

My sky super six predictions
Bolton 2-0 M.K.D
Blackpool 2-1 Wimbledon
Rotherham 3-1 Accrington Stanley
Coventry 2-0 Rochdale
Salford City 1-1 Swindon
Northampton 1-2 Crewe
Just a side note England fans booing the team that's about right for heathens.And i thought the chelsea young nipper right wing back i think against Crystal palace, is one to watch, looks very good player gave saha the run a round.
Old Nov 16th 2019, 2:12 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

This article is just crying out for the comments section to get as many replies as it can get

Pep Guardiola personally writes to EVERY one of the 114 Man City fans who travelled to their Champions League game in Ukraine and invites them to the return fixture for a night of club hospitality

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...d-Ukraine.html

So if it had been a home game I guess Pep would have written another 50 letters then

Fair play to Pep though for that gesture.
difference between Citeh and Yernited methinks, I suspect the gimps would have sold the hospitality places to the far east.....
Old Nov 16th 2019, 5:54 pm
Jigsaw

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
difference between Citeh and Yernited methinks, I suspect the gimps would have sold the hospitality places to the far east.....
Whereas City couldn't get anyone to buy them.....

Old Nov 16th 2019, 6:12 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Whereas City couldn't get anyone to buy them.....
well played sir
Old Nov 19th 2019, 7:53 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Poch sacked...it's official! Big mistake in my opinion. Please not Mourinho.........
Old Nov 19th 2019, 8:09 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
Poch sacked...it's official! Big mistake in my opinion. Please not Mourinho.........
Holy cow. Just 20 minutes ago I was reading that his relationship with Levy had improved.

Mourinho for Arsenal.
Old Nov 19th 2019, 8:38 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
I'm disappointed more than shocked.

I'd have given him more time but my guess is the board feel that a new man may have an outside chance of making the Top 4.

It doesn't make sense to me because Levy probably could have got hard cash from Real or Paris for him if he had bided his time.

Anyway Poch will be fine as he's earned a fortune at Tottenham and will get a huge deal at his next club.

We Tottenham fans have a nervous wait. I remember getting Ramos after Jol and then AVB after Redknapp.

Essentially Levy has never pricked a semi-decent manager twice in a row.

Eddie Howe would be my first choice. Getting Mourinho would be a stop gap and I'd rather not.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.