British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Locker Room (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/)
-   -   The 2019-2020 Football Thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/2019-2020-football-thread-925647/)

BristolUK Sep 29th 2019 8:00 pm

Re: The 2019-2020 Football Thread

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer (Post 12741635)
I...he was missing sitters as usual. To be fair though Mane was just as bad as him today.

Mane has his banjo/cow's arse moments quite consistently. For someone who can contribute some fine goals it's quite remarkable.

Many of Sterling's are not clean strikes. Was it a late goal at Bournemouth a year or two back? It had the classic appearance of a diabolical deflection except it was a miss-hit.

Even yesterday's was off the underside of the bar and shots that do that tend to be of the thunderbolt variety.

Luckily for City and more so for England Sterling is a net contributor. :thumbup:

JamesM Sep 29th 2019 11:50 pm

Playing my wild card was definitely the right move. Here are the points since I played it!
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...3bf8c3b684.png

Scamp Sep 30th 2019 5:33 am

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 12742004)
Playing my wild card was definitely the right move. Here are the points since I played it!
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...3bf8c3b684.png

You should check out the August one and the overall. Much better reading.

el collado kid Sep 30th 2019 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12741719)
Suggested it was an option to Dad and he flatly refuses (I was kind of glad). We did it years ago away somewhere, might have been Villa actually and the fans who go away are just the dregs of any football club. Don't need to be stood among that.

The only reason I went off Spurs was, apart from their ridiculous fans, was the fact they killed Dean Richards.

Forgot all about Dean ,he was great player for saints.The first i remember that spurs stole from us was Martin Chivers as a boy i was very very upset and dean is one of the many since. as for Liverpool no wonder they are playing so well their team is full of stolen saints players:amen:

Former Lancastrian Sep 30th 2019 10:06 am

Originally Posted by el collado kid (Post 12742087)
Forgot all about Dean ,he was great player for saints.The first i remember that spurs stole from us was Martin Chivers as a boy i was very very upset and dean is one of the many since. as for Liverpool no wonder they are playing so well their team is full of stolen saints players:amen:

Stolen Saints players well that's a spin on having owners being pimps and selling off their best hookers from their stable. The Scousers came looking for a BJ and you offered them ones who could perform or allege to perform a wide range of services at a premium price. I am pretty sure you offered buy 5 and get the 6th one free. I know Scousers are usually thieves but even they would get off if a case like this ever went to court.

Scamp Sep 30th 2019 10:18 am

Originally Posted by el collado kid (Post 12742087)

You're showing your age there buddy.

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 12742121)
Stolen Saints players well that's a spin on having owners being pimps and selling off their best hookers from their stable. The Scousers came looking for a BJ and you offered them ones who could perform or allege to perform a wide range of services at a premium price. I am pretty sure you offered buy 5 and get the 6th one free. I know Scousers are usually thieves but even they would get off if a case like this ever went to court.

We got 20m quid for Lovren. I don't think it was Saints who got ****ed.

JamesM Sep 30th 2019 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12742065)
You should check out the August one and the overall. Much better reading.

When you're as bad as I am at Fantasy you take the small wins.

I should get a manager of the month trophy so in 9 years when you've all moved on to much better things I can come on here and laud my September 2019 over anyone who is foolish enough to read it.

Glad I played my wildcard so early though as now in contention in all my leagues.

SpoogleDrummer Sep 30th 2019 8:43 pm

It's a bit sad when you see the line-ups for this United vs Arsenal match. Two very average sides.

Garbatellamike Sep 30th 2019 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer (Post 12742415)
It's a bit sad when you see the line-ups for this United vs Arsenal match. Two very average sides.

yeah I thought that and then watched the game and concluded they'd have to improve to reach average.

Main question is who is worse value for money, Pogba or Pepe?

As Hooky said Saka looked promising, McTominay scored after I transferred him out on Friday and the Lineman made the woest offside call ever....

SpoogleDrummer Sep 30th 2019 10:17 pm

It's not all bad news, if you combine the points Arsenal and United have got this season they'd be in joint first place, well second due to goal difference:p

DaveLovesDee Sep 30th 2019 10:42 pm

There's no natural leader in either side. Not tonight, nor in most games this season for either team.

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12742476)
As Hooky said Saka looked promising, McTominay scored after I transferred him out on Friday and the Lineman made the woest offside call ever....

Thanks.

JamesM Sep 30th 2019 11:09 pm

Bit harsh.

A derby game is always best understood by the two sets of fans involved.

The now infamous "Battle for 7th place" derby between United and Arsenal is no different.

Garbatellamike Sep 30th 2019 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 12742530)
Bit harsh.

A derby game is always best understood by the two sets of fans involved.

The now infamous "Battle for 7th place" derby between United and Arsenal is no different.

I think Yernited will need to improve to get 7th, last time they were this bad after 7 games they finished 13th.

Scamp Oct 1st 2019 6:45 am

Originally Posted by JamesM (Post 12742240)
When you're as bad as I am at Fantasy you take the small wins.

I should get a manager of the month trophy so in 9 years when you've all moved on to much better things I can come on here and laud my September 2019 over anyone who is foolish enough to read it.

Glad I played my wildcard so early though as now in contention in all my leagues.

Mate, I'm all over the little wins in FF. I'll be near the bottom in January, don't you worry.

el collado kid Oct 1st 2019 9:03 am

I total agree.There are big changes coming for these two clubs, i watched last night i still they have further to fall sad because a much watch game has become run of the mill same for the clubs