Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The 2019-2020 Football Thread

The 2019-2020 Football Thread

Old Jun 17th 2019, 12:39 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 2019-2020 Football Thread

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
well you have got to be better than Phil Jones so give it a go
I've pebbledashed toilets resulting in something that look like better players than Phil Jones.
Old Jun 17th 2019, 3:35 pm
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

Don’t want to play for our club? Don’t let the door hit your arse on the way out then.

It was ever thus, and shall ever be: no matter what state the club is in, it is always bigger than any individual- particularly one who hasn’t achieved anything like as much as they believe they have in their own head.

Let’s see how much the Spanish & Italians really want you, Pogba. £140m, not a penny less IMO. Let’s see fat Raiola do his dirty work now, since that’s all the runt is good for.

I’ve never felt less ‘attached’ to a squad of players at any time in my life than with most of these lazy chancers. Personally, if Real Madrid want to give us the money, I’ll be happy to see Pogba & his circus disappear. Now, if we can find new homes for the likes of Lingard, Sanchez and Rojo, this might yet turn out to be a decent summer, at least in terms of getting rid of the poison in the dressing room.
Old Jun 17th 2019, 3:37 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't agree more about Pogba. Didn't want him back and don't want him now.
Old Jun 17th 2019, 8:10 pm
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d0...ract-extension

In all my years following football, I've NEVER seen an official club account publish anything quite as "cutting" as this.... fair play to Charlton Athletic F.C.- they aren't holding back here!!!
Old Jun 18th 2019, 12:04 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Let's get the facts straight, shall we

No-one forced Liverpool to pay for Lovren, they chose to. The only apology needed is from LFC to their fans for buying him
Yeah, **** 'em. The idiots didn't keep the receipt, it's out of refund time and they can just generally suck plums. They deserve that tough to shed STD for constantly raping us.

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
no but rumour is the guy has the same level of wealth as the bloke who bought Sheff Utd and is not in Mansour's league, apparantly he has tried to buy other clubs but can't provide proof of funds to meet due dilligence.
Classic. I can imagine in the meetings with the premier league "Habibi, yanni, no problems. Money is OK. We just sign Insh'Allah"

Originally Posted by Cainess View Post
It’ll sting to lose out to a nothing club like PSG, who play in a crap league which they win at a canter every year, but if de Ligt wants big money, they’ve got it.
Like you say, it's CL footy and don't forget they win the league - it's still honours.

I would go to United though, probably.

I’ve never felt less ‘attached’ to a squad of players at any time in my life than with most of these lazy chancers. Personally, if Real Madrid want to give us the money, I’ll be happy to see Pogba & his circus disappear. Now, if we can find new homes for the likes of Lingard, Sanchez and Rojo, this might yet turn out to be a decent summer, at least in terms of getting rid of the poison in the dressing room.
That's a fair but sad point. I've not felt ill towards the collective of players at Saints because the effort has been phenomenal. Yes, occasional performances were poor and we're better than our finishing position in terms of where the club is generally at the moment but the players put a shift in.

When Pogba loses possession and none of him, Lingard, Lukaku, Martial etc turn to track back and chase and you're struggling to finish in challenging position or get to latter stages of big competitions - i'd be ****ing livid.

PS - we'll have Rojo, Lingard and Sanchez if you know, you want to send them on loan and pay their wages?

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d0...ract-extension

In all my years following football, I've NEVER seen an official club account publish anything quite as "cutting" as this.... fair play to Charlton Athletic F.C.- they aren't holding back here!!!
That's phenomenal. It's cutting but still very much open, honest and clear. It's not rude, it's factual (assuming it's true) and delivered reasonably positively about the situation. Imagine if football was like this in general......sigh......
Old Jun 18th 2019, 12:52 am
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

All valid, but can we not liken buying and selling players to sexual assault? Please?
Old Jun 18th 2019, 2:14 am
WWLLCJD?

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze View Post
All valid, but can we not liken buying and selling players to sexual assault? Please?
Yeah, fair comment.

They deserve that rotten apple for always taking our best shiny Golden Delicious.
Old Jun 18th 2019, 3:20 am
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Yeah, fair comment.

They deserve that rotten apple for always taking our best shiny Golden Delicious.
Much better, thanks 👍
Old Jun 18th 2019, 11:47 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Besides, according to the Mail, United have resolved to retain Pogba and will sanction a bumper pay rise from his current meagre £290,000 a week to a more generous £500,000, matching the amount being pocketed by Alexis Sánchez. “United chief Ed Woodward is adamant a player who is as central to the club’s commercial interests as he is on the pitch will not be sold,” it writes.
https://www.theguardian.com/football...ited-pay-boost

Oh for the love of.... Woodward needs to go find another bank to work at, this isn't the way you run a football club. De Gea wants the same too, so lets pay 3 players $1.5 million a week and hope that any high profile new signings don't ask for the same!!!!
Old Jun 18th 2019, 12:07 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant View Post

Oh for the love of.... Woodward needs to go find another bank to work at, this isn't the way you run a football club. De Gea wants the same too, so lets pay 3 players $1.5 million a week and hope that any high profile new signings don't ask for the same!!!!
well seems yernited is now trying to gazump Citeh's Rodri transfer so based on Sanchez and Fred precedents yernited will offer 300 per cent of the wages citeh is prepared to pay so he could be in the half million bracket too if the gazump works...
Old Jun 18th 2019, 6:04 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant View Post

How is he central to your commercial interests if all your fans hate him now? Are there more Pogba fans than there are United fans? I don't think there's any transfer "news" worth looking at nowadays, the fact De Ligt has been linked with every club and now we're linked with MBappe because he followed a bunch of people on Instagram is all bullshit. I wish news sites would have at least some sort of common sense filter.

In other news it's nice to see PSG trying to clamp down on Neymar being a dick. It's a few years too late but the effort should be applauded all the same.
Old Jun 18th 2019, 6:58 pm
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

I despair. I give up. How did this f-in tube ever get to be our CEO.... no, don't answer that, I already know.

It's the ultimate insult to businessmen & women around the world to have the Glazers and Woodward glibly described in multiple publications as "businessmen"- they're nothing of the sort. A troop of monkeys could make money at Manchester United, yet these pricks have still got over half a billion quid worth of debt on the club 14 years after "buying" us.... now they are apparently offering a prancing pony who wants to leave £500k/week to stay...why?! Get the runt OTF, and use the money from the transfer to buy two or three talented players who actually WANT to play for us and who could improve the team.

Mata apparently signed up to a new 3 (three, THREE!!!!!) year deal....a 31-year-old whose legs were gone three years ago; good squad player, nothing else. THREE F-IN YEARS?!? Absolute lunacy.

I despair. I give up. citeh, Liverpool....goodbye. We're done. For as long as these cretins are in control in M16. We're done.
Old Jun 18th 2019, 10:16 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

I despair. I give up. How did this f-in tube ever get to be our CEO.... no, don't answer that, I already know.

It's the ultimate insult to businessmen & women around the world to have the Glazers and Woodward glibly described in multiple publications as "businessmen"- they're nothing of the sort. A troop of monkeys could make money at Manchester United, yet these pricks have still got over half a billion quid worth of debt on the club 14 years after "buying" us.... now they are apparently offering a prancing pony who wants to leave £500k/week to stay...why?! Get the runt OTF, and use the money from the transfer to buy two or three talented players who actually WANT to play for us and who could improve the team.

Mata apparently signed up to a new 3 (three, THREE!!!!!) year deal....a 31-year-old whose legs were gone three years ago; good squad player, nothing else. THREE F-IN YEARS?!? Absolute lunacy.

I despair. I give up. citeh, Liverpool....goodbye. We're done. For as long as these cretins are in control in M16. We're done.
Never mind a fading heavily indebted club from just outside Manchester.... did you see the Stockport Iniesta's goal for the U21's today..wow
Old Jun 24th 2019, 3:51 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Rafa is gone then. We really are a comedy club masquerading as a football club.
Old Jun 24th 2019, 5:57 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze View Post
Rafa is gone then. We really are a comedy club masquerading as a football club.
You are still better run than Yernited

Who is in the frame to replace Rafa?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.